look what they want banned in the UK now - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

look what they want banned in the UK now

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

England's gun crime rate went up after the ban -- there's a whole display on it at The Armouries Museum in Leeds.

Gun crime has gone up 48% in England over the past three years. They have lost the country and don't even know it.

Scotland has the HIGHEST violent crime rate in the world.

Nobody notices stats on Ireland, the poorest of the industrialized nations -- the South is kinda a suburb of the British Midlands which goes there on ferries over the weekends to show the Irish how to drink and to tell what Americans would call "Polish jokes" but about their gaelic hosts. It's kinda sad...

Old 12-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
All firearms have to be kept at the owners home address in a approved gun cabinet. Where else would you keep them.
I often keep one in a lockbox locked to my seatpost in my car. My nephews each have some firearms at their parents' home, in the event they wish to hunt at their childhood hunting grounds. Sportsmen frequently take their firearms on camping trips or trips to other areas (even other states) to hunt.

It is sad when the riding crop has become comfortable; i wish you guys trust and freedom from your government.

At least you have the leprechaun's gold to comfort you.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 837 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I often keep one in a lockbox locked to my seatpost in my car. My nephews each have some firearms at their parents' home, in the event they wish to hunt at their childhood hunting grounds. Sportsmen frequently take their firearms on camping trips or trips to other areas (even other states) to hunt.

It is sad when the riding crop has become comfortable; i wish you guys trust and freedom from your government.

At least you have the leprechaun's gold to comfort you.

Obviously they only have to be locked in the cabinet when not in use. You have to take them out to use them. If you were going shooting again obviously you would take the firearm in the car. You can only use them on land that you have permission to shoot on if you didn't it would be armed trespass.

Last edited by manta; 12-27-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #34

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

As I recall when I was in N. Ireland there were all manner of gun laws. They had a caliber limit. It was very difficult to wn anything as large as even a .270. They were waiting for an approval to get the little .17 Remington added to guns approved for the civilains. That was in 1994.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #35
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta

That's not correct. All firearms have to be kept at the owners home address in a approved gun cabinet. Where else would you keep them. As for handguns i can buy any handgun i want i own 4 the ban did not apply in this part of the UK. Just as there are different gun laws in states in America the laws are different in regions of the UK.
I think it is england that you can't keep your guns in your house.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I think it is england that you can't keep your guns in your house.
No in the UK all firearms have to be kept at the owners address in a approved gun cabinet.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #37

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post

No all firearms have to be kept at the owners address in a approved gun cabinet.
Are you typing with a government approved font ? Sorry to be a smart azz but where does it stop ? How is it that you seem so ok with all the government intrusion in your life ?

Old 12-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Are you typing with a government approved font ? Sorry to be a smart azz but where does it stop ? How is it that you seem so ok with all the government intrusion in your life ?
Seriously, if it were to reach that point of regulation here, i would either be posting from prison or from the grave. I have a gun safe, because it was given to me. I use trigger locks that come with firearms for locking the fence and my footlocker.

We have too many gun regulations now, anything more is begging for reprisals against the government's tyranny.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
As I recall when I was in N. Ireland there were all manner of gun laws. They had a caliber limit. It was very difficult to wn anything as large as even a .270. They were waiting for an approval to get the little .17 Remington added to guns approved for the civilains. That was in 1994.
Caliber isn't really a issue. For target shooting the only limit on caliber is what the range is certificated for. 50 call for example is used on ranges. As for hunting .308 is popular. One limit on caliber in N Ireland is for personal protection 9mm is the largest call allowed.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I don't make the rules. Its simple no approved gun safe no firearm.

Quote Applicants who satisfy our enquiries will normally be visited at home by a police officer. The Officer will discuss the application and proposed security arrangements. This officer will report to the Chief Officer of Police after his visit and if your application is approved, the certificate will be granted. If your security was installed and the officer inspected it on his visit, the certificate can be posted to you. If your security has not been installed, your certificate will be hand delivered by a Police Officer who will hand you your certificate once he is satisfied your security has been installed correctly.

Last edited by manta; 12-27-2012 at 08:45 PM.