Look at what this bufoon wrote
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Look at what this bufoon wrote

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2010, 03:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Look at what this bufoon wrote

Christians and Gun Control | adammclane.com

adam mclane July 31, 2009 at 6:22 am
OK, lets talk about the 2nd amendment. Its original intent (wed all agree) was that the people of the nation could bear arms for the purpose of preventing tyranny. You should watch the History Channel. Unless the 2nd amendment allows me to bear nuclear arms, its null and void. There is absolutely no way that youd be allowed to form a militia that could overthrow our government. Anyone here old enough to remember Waco? The government will surround you, burn down your property, and murder your children long before you collect enough weapons to over through a TOWN much less a city, state, or government.

I will concede that our courts have upheld that the 2nd amemndment gives you the right to defend your property.

But I thought believers were not citicens of this land? I thought we lived under a higher court? I thought that our laws supercede those of the government which allow us to routinely break Gods law.

You tell me, kind friends. Who is the author and finisher of a human life? Where does Jesus give me permission to buy a gun (pre-meditation) and kill a human being for the sake of protecting my own life or the life of my loved one. (Or property?)

My argument is that we have sychrotized our rights as American citizens with our rights as believers in Jesus Christ, bought and paid for on the cross of Calvary.

My only other point is much more simple and less theological. We live in a modern police state. Very rarely will the need arise for us to defend ourselves with deadly force. Every day in this country hundreds of thousands of trained professionals use non-deadly force to maintain the peace. (But having that option as a method of ABSOLUTEL last resort.) Our owning handguns and running around like John Wayne does not make us safer. It gives us a false sense of security. It is simply not worth the risk of that gun getting into the hands of the wrong person. (in future use, whether stolen from your home or legally sold to another individual, etc.)

OK, theres some more hot metal for this fire.

It would be funny if he werent serious.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2010, 07:21 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10404 Times on 4487 Posts
Likes Given: 1653

If he is seeking guidance in scripture-

Luke 22:36 (King James Version)
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Above was the guidance of Christ to his followers preparing to set out on a journey. I would point out that swords were not used for peeling olives.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8507 Times on 5085 Posts
Likes Given: 11134

Well, he has some very serious flaws in his writings there, in my opinion.

"Very rarely will the need arise for us to defend ourselves with deadly force. Every day in this country hundreds of thousands of trained professionals use non-deadly force to maintain the peace."

Both true statements.........but........there are incidents all the time where the use of deadly force saves the lives of an innocent victim. Truly, I bought my gun just to have fun with it and to target shoot but if I had to (and I hope I NEVER have to) I would use it to save my own life or those of my loved ones against someone wanting to harm us. I have seen some very thought provoking and eye opening posts here about when and how and why to use deadly force and I have been very impressed (and educated) in regards to those posts. Yes, he's right about the "trained professionals use non-deadly force to maintain the peace" if you're talking about shoplifters, dangerous drivers, arguing neighbors, stray or barking dogs. But if I were being held hostage but a nutcase or being beaten or otherwise physically harmed, I hope those trained professionals would use deadly force to save and protect me.

"Our owning handguns and running around like John Wayne does not make us safer. It gives us a false sense of security. It is simply not worth the risk of that gun getting into the hands of the wrong person. (in future use, whether stolen from your home or legally sold to another individual, etc.)"

I have never seen anyone running around like "John Wayne" with their guns. Mind you, I live in a state where one cannot carry but I'm sure in my lifetime and travels I have stood next to and mingled with many people who were carrying. I never really thought about it as I have never witnessed anyone shoot a 'cheating poker player' or someone who was bad talking someone or his family members to someone's face. There are laws as to the use of deadly force. I don't think there were any in the old West, except for the honor and dignity of the men carrying the guns. As for the guns getting into the hands of the wrong person, for me personally, my gun is always kept in a locked Gun Vault. Not only for the safety of my young and curious granddaughter but to prevent it from getting stolen should someone break into my house while I am not at home and "'getting into the wrong hands". Oddly enough, the "wrong hands" sort of people seem to have an endless supply of guns. It has nothing to do with us law abiding citizens who own guns. I own three much loved and well cared for dogs. Should I not be allowed to own my dogs because there are dog fighting dog owners in this world? Should I not be allowed to own a car because some people drive drunk and kill or injure people? I find the author's opinions and point of view pretty odd. But the thing is, he is entitled to his opinion as long as his lifestyle doesn't impinge on mine. I made my choice about owning a gun, he is certainly entitled to make his choice.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 11-25-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #4

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
If he is seeking guidance in scripture-

Luke 22:36 (King James Version)
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Above was the guidance of Christ to his followers preparing to set out on a journey. I would point out that swords were not used for peeling olives.
cant remember the address right now but when they built the wall they had their weapons on all the time. a question if some one was beating
his wife or kids on the street and i was standing there armed what would he want me to do? shoot him or try to reason with him?

Old 11-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8507 Times on 5085 Posts
Likes Given: 11134

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleytxrialover View Post
cant remember the address right now but when they built the wall they had their weapons on all the time. a question if some one was beating
his wife or kids on the street and i was standing there armed what would he want me to do? shoot him or try to reason with him?
Well, you may not even have to shoot the 'bad guy'. Sometimes I think you can 'reason with him' just by showing him what you have. Sometimes fear of being shot is enough to stop someone.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #6

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Well, you may not even have to shoot the 'bad guy'. Sometimes I think you can 'reason with him' just by showing him what you have. Sometimes fear of being shot is enough to stop someone.
good point i was talking about the guy whom wrote this
it is crazy that these people can say these things, and when bad things happen
the first thing they want to sue somebody because help wasnt there

Old 11-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #7

Liked 93 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Stupid is as Stupid Does

Quote:
Adam Mclane July 31, 2009 at 6:22 am:
OK, lets talk.....
Another example of someone thinking they have something profound to say and showing how stupid they are when they don't.

Last edited by RaySendero; 11-25-2010 at 12:42 PM.

Old 11-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #8

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Every day in this country hundreds of thousands of trained professionals use non-deadly force to maintain the peace. (
I'm sure this individual was also referring to the fact that "if" you are involved in any kind of break in to your home, the police will be there immediately to stop it. Unfortunately, 99% of the time, those professionals arrive AFTER the fact and are only there to do paperwork or, God forbid, draw the lines around your body.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
Every day in this country hundreds of thousands of trained professionals use non-deadly force to maintain the peace.
Last time I checked, the crime rate in this nation was not 0%. Criminals do exist, crimes still happen, and cops can't stop them all. It's great what they are able to do, but do you want to bet your life or the lives of your family there will always be a cop with you at all times?

The mere utterance of the line above indicates the author is trying to pull the wool over his readers' eyes, or that the author is absolutely stupid. I'm thinking the former is more likely.

Buying a weapon to use defensively is not premeditated anything; it's an act of wisdom. Disregarding the possibility of being faced with someone who means to kill you is not. The probability may not be high that you will face such a threat, but it is never 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
Our owning handguns and running around like John Wayne does not make us safer. It gives us a false sense of security. It is simply not worth the risk of that gun getting into the hands of the wrong person.
This is further evidence the author is a piece of sh!t. Allow me to explain.

Those who own handguns don't "run around like John Wayne". They discreetly conceal firearms and do not brandish them. Right there, anyone who carries knows the author is a jerk.

But then he goes on to say the weapon might get into the hands of the wrong person thus CONFIRMING there are criminals out there who can't be stopped by the cops. So...whose side is the author on?

Old 11-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.Samuel Adams

Newest Threads

Ria