Local shop has stopped carrying OLL's
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Local shop has stopped carrying OLL's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Local shop has stopped carrying OLL's

Edited for clarity..

A local shop in my town has stopped carrying OLL's, or "Off List Lowers" which are the only legal route to owning an AR15 in California. They were a good source for these until very recently and are now telling people that ask about them that they are "too sketchy" and that the shop does not want to be responsible for having to go get them all back. This is bad information, as there has been no change (that I, or anyone, can find) in the status of the OLL's

Does anyone have any "real" information about the OLL's status in CA and what if any action is underway in CA regarding them?

Does anyone have any insight about what the DOJ and CA D.A. are up too? I know there are lots of opinions, I'm looking for real news.

-Peter

Last edited by live2offroad; 05-30-2008 at 05:25 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-30-2008, 12:25 PM   #2

Default ??

Sorry but what is an OLL?

Old 05-30-2008, 01:02 PM   #3

'OLL'? The only definition I know of for this term is, 'Off List, Lower' It is used to refer to certain component rifle receivers. The OP is, probably, referring to some sort of a rifle build.

But, of course, I'm only guessing? Sure is mysterious! Guess I got 'a stay tuned in, too, in order to find out!

Old 05-31-2008, 05:18 PM   #4

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Is there any gun legal to own in California? LOL I'd figure with Terminator being your gov. you'd be able to have a mingun. LOL again In Indiana, you can go into a gun store and buy a complete, ready to fire AR/M-4, I'm gonna buy one real soon. I always see "Not for sale in California" or "Cannot be shipped to California". You guys must have the strictest gun laws in the country.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Is there any gun legal to own in California? LOL I'd figure with Terminator being your gov. you'd be able to have a mingun. LOL again In Indiana, you can go into a gun store and buy a complete, ready to fire AR/M-4, I'm gonna buy one real soon. I always see "Not for sale in California" or "Cannot be shipped to California". You guys must have the strictest gun laws in the country.
The Govenator, has been.. disappointing, in many regards..

As for our gun laws, I don't know about strictest in the "whole" country, but the laws here are a crying shame to live with. It's sad how abused our liberties are here.. Too many people, to much politics.. Bleh..

It's a drag, I don't want to live anywhere else and now I can hardly stand to live here...

-Peter

Old 06-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #6

and thats why we call it commiefornia

Old 06-03-2008, 12:00 AM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Does anybody know what an OLL is, yet?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Does anybody know what an OLL is, yet?
I re-wrote the original post.. But I guess you missed it.

An OLL is an "Off List Lower", a stripped AR-15 Lower that is not specifically named in the CA AR ban. This is the registered component and the only way to legally obtain an AR, by way of building it, in CA..

-Peter

Old 06-03-2008, 01:54 AM   #9
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2offroad View Post
I re-wrote the original post.. But I guess you missed it.
Gotcha. Missed the updated first post. Sorry.

Sounds like CA has some supreme-royal Bravo Sierra rules around assembling an AR.