Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Living in Detroit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 461 Times on 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
Its not like im helpless without a gun, I used to box and can bench press almost 400 pounds. But theres nothing like a pistol grip Mossberg 500.
400 pounds, Dang, that is beefy.

A nice 1911 isn't bad.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:35 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 740 Times on 453 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Any chance at all of moving out to one of the nearby suburbs? Don't have to get far outside the city to decrease the crime.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:34 AM   #13

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Today's reality is perps often prefer occupied homes. IAC the standard hoplophobic advice of "give them what they want" is no longer valid. Thanks to cross-border gang presence too often perps are going to bust caps on their vics as part of making their bones in the gang.

Bottom line, todays criminal is light years ahead of the standard advice spewed by the "doo-gooders" . They'll kill their victims for no good reason at all. Witness the recent spate of "flash mobs" of black youth assaulting whites and other races. >MW

Old 08-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
I stay with my grandparents who live in Detroit. On the street they live, sometimes they drag race up and down the street. Well a few months ago someone lost control of the car and hit the garage which knocked it off the foundation. Long story short, the garage finally got rebuilt on Friday. Saturday night, someone broke into the garage. Its not the first time someone stole from their property. My grandad used to work on cars, he can do everything from painting a car to rebuilding an engine, so he had a lot of expensive equipment in his shed. Someone broke in and stole that equipment along with the lawnmower, electric edger, and weedwhacker. Someone also tried to steal his 2010 DTS cadillac from in front of the house about a month ago, but the glass wouldn't shatter for them to get in the car.

Everyone around the neighborhood knows my grandpa is a reverend. He pastors a church in Detroit. There used to be a time where people respected clergy and wouldn't dare steal from a pastor just because he was a pastor.

Now my grandparents don't own any firearms, because they believe God will protect them, and anything that happens is the will of God. However, I dont have as much faith. I keep a 9mm pistol and a 12 gauge shotgun should anyone decide to try and break in or attack my grandparents. They're senior citizens, my grandad is 75 and my granny is 73 and im worried one of those young guys around there may get the nerve to try and break in the house or attack my grandparents.

Its not like im helpless without a gun, I used to box and can bench press almost 400 pounds. But theres nothing like a pistol grip Mossberg 500.
If it was me I'd start visiting my grandfolks
alot more, and visit them primarily on weekend
nights. I believe in God and I would naturally pray
for the intruder's safe journey into the next world.