was listening to satellite radio and nearly popped a blood vessel. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > was listening to satellite radio and nearly popped a blood vessel.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

This situation makes me sick to my stomach ... My heart is heavy for these poor innocent little Children, their Parents and Families. There is so much evil in the world today. It makes me sick that these poor little kids were subject to slaughter in this " Gun Free Zone". Time and time again the innocent are being butchered in "gun free zones" by NUT CASE cowards who prey on the defenseless. I wish the World was a better place but it isn't. I wish that Nut Cases and Criminals would not take guns into "Gun Free Zones" but they will. Michigan is working on legislation that will eliminate some of these "Gun Free Zones" for well trained CPL holders. Signs don't work and dialing 911 won't work. Nut cases and Criminals will always get weapons.

Kimber CDPII Custom Shop 45
S&W M&P 9
Ruger LC9
Ruger LCR 357 Mag.
S&W 686 Stainless 357 Mag.
Dan Wesson 357 mag
Seacamp 32
Browning Buckmark Plus 22
High Standard Duramatic 101
Baretta 950 c 22 short

Old 12-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I live in the next town over from newtown and this has been a terrible tragedy. Gun control is not the issue, it's schools security that is. We spend more money protecting inmates making sure no weapons can be brought into prisons and such, why not hold the same standards for our children. Children are our future and we must do whatever it takes to protect t them. To bad the mother didn't store her weapons properly, if the family had known their son was Ill they shoulda made sure to not let thim be able to access the firearms. Sad sad news here in ct

Old 12-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default We get it

The anti gun wingnuts don't get it and they never will. The concept of an armed and trained school staff is lost on them and no amount or reason or logic will ever change their minds. It is like the libatards central nervous system (brain) is not evolved enough to logically grasp the concept that gun free zones are illogical and dangerous to public safety. I pray for the souls of the little ones, the shooters mother, and the school staff that were the victims of their thinking.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The school shooting was Terrible thing and my heart goes out to those people. We can complain about the lack of proper terminology, but, it is effective as far as the non-shooting public goes. My point is if a firearm is labeled "automatic" (even incorrectly) the connotations are automatic and negative! I'm the first serious shooter in my family. Was taught a lot by a patient neighbor about reloading and all the different kind of guns. Maybe we all need to be the "patient neighbor"

Old 12-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #15

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Gun free zones are bs. These nut cases go where no one can fire back, but that is obvious. If everyone was awake, aware, and armed, this would not have happened. From the minute the first gun was invented, everything changed. Outlawing them will obviously only take them out of the hands of those who comply with laws. Criminals are just that. Criminals, laws obviously do not stop them, or there would be no such thing as law enforcement to see that laws are complied with.

Sad day for all.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #16

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
I heard MSNBC report that he had "an automatic assault weapon with automatic ammo" and I was like, what the heck is automatic ammo? Anyways, God Bless those families, the town, and our nation.
Only thing my ammo does automatically is make my wallet hungry

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

fmj Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

For those without knowledge on the ARs, we need to explain a few things to them in a not aggressive way. since responding to them in the way they bring it up to you will convince them and their friends we are all neanderthalls anyway.

We might try it this way.

The ARs we shoot are not assault weapons. They do not have the select switch, and will not fire automatically, only with each trigger pull. The AR is used by many as a hunting rifle, as they are equipped to fire the same cartriges that are used for hunting. Not, as one of my neighbor's opined "a special military issue bullet." They are exactly like all the hunting rigles they have ever seen, but the are lighter and look different.

The Israelis had problems like this at schools and armed and trained select members of the faculty and staff. The problems ceased. We could do the same thing with volunteers. The probablility of a school not having anyone with any experience with firearms is pretty slim by my way of thinking.

These dirtballs don't want to fight. They want to commit murder and mayhem. We can note that they go into "No gun zones" to emphasize this. Aurora, CO, Newtown, CT and VA Tech to name three.

Perhaps more armed zones and this goes away.

Senseless tragedies like these need to go away. Removing our rights will not do that. Sympathies and prayers for the victims, but lets find a way to stop this that will work.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #18

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post

The ARs we shoot are not assault weapons.
They are in the state of Maryland. The legal definition of assault weapon includes but is not limited to Colt AR-15, CAR-15, and all imitations
except Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle.

It's stupid but it's the way it is in my state. I agree with what you are saying.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 12-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #19

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben91
So i was listening to fox news and some dumb gun hater started spouting mis informed bull $hit. But the best bit was she said that "high magazine cartridges" should be banned. My mother (sitting next to me in the car who barely knows firearm terminology) was like. "You mean high compacity magazines? Dumb bitch." Me, sipping some iced coffee at the time, started laughing so hard that i nearly spilled all my coffee on the floor. Thought you all might like the story. Just think it exemplifies the opposition we face.
Ever listen to gun talk radio on XM channel 165 on Sundays?

Old 12-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben91 View Post
So i was listening to fox news and some dumb gun hater started spouting mis informed bull $hit. But the best bit was she said that "high magazine cartridges" should be banned. My mother (sitting next to me in the car who barely knows firearm terminology) was like. "You mean high compacity magazines? Dumb bitch." Me, sipping some iced coffee at the time, started laughing so hard that i nearly spilled all my coffee on the floor. Thought you all might like the story. Just think it exemplifies the opposition we face.
Now that's funny...Good story

CEO of Gun Mouse Bore Cleaner
www.gunmouse.com
gunmouse4u@gmail.com

Thank you
Brian