Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > list of firearms registered to you

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I don't know much about divorce, but I would sell the guns to a person I trusted (mother, brother, sister, father, really close friend, ect) and then buy them back after the divorce was all said and done. If Kentucky laws are like Texas laws, then you can just sell the gun with no paperwork. That means that he (or the court) would not be able to track the guns down or even prove they exist.

I am not a lawyer, or anything like that. This is just what I would try to do. You should also talk to your lawyer.

Sorry about the divorce.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 85 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 25

If you have the time and you can go to the gun shops that you bought the guns from, you can obtain a copy of the 4473 for each gun from the dealer. The 4473 will show that you purchased the guns for yourself and when you purchased them. If any of them were face to face private sales and the person is still around, then get something in writing from them if they will do so. In community property States, in most cases, your property and his become community property and must be devided equally upon divorce unless there is a pre-nup aggreement prior to marriage. In some community property states, the length of time that you are married also plays a role. As always, it is best to contact a lawyer.

Jim...................

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.