list of firearms registered to you - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > list of firearms registered to you

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I would definatley talk to your attorney, I kniw here in VA items that are sold during separation for the reasons mentioned above are split by their appraisal value but there really isn't an official appraisal value on firearms so it should be easy to "sell" them to a friend and "buy" them back later if you so wish

we're Americans and we pray for peace, and if we can't have peace we find and destroy the people who screwed up the damn peace. So we can have some peace. - Christopher Titus

Old 09-29-2010, 01:17 PM   #12

Liked 1195 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 381

What guns? You didn't have any guns, he says you did? Have him show the proof they exist.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 09-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #13

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
What guns? You didn't have any guns, he says you did? Have him show the proof they exist.
I approve of that idea.

If they can find enough pieces of him at least.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 09-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2944 Times on 1533 Posts
Likes Given: 262

+1. The burdon of proof is his. If he cannot show a copy of the ATF 4473 from (the form you fill out when you purchase a gun from an FFL dealer), then he can SAY anything. Tell him you want that one pound brick of gold you bought and he took.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 09-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9363 Times on 4037 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Ashley, first, we are gun buffs, not Lawyers licensed in KY. But since my shooting partner is 14, and also named Ashley, will try to offer some advice-

1. Talk to a lawyer. Property owned prior to marriage is usually not considered community property. Community property does not mean it is his, means half and half.

2. Kentucky does not have registration. There is no Federal registration. Very common misconception. When you buy a gun from a dealer, he has you complete a form, and he keeps that in HIS records for 20 years. To be blunt, it is a pain in the butt to go dig thru the records by hand to find one. If you ask the dealer nicely, and can tell him month and year of purchase, he may be able to find it for you.

3. In case you missed it, talk to a lawyer. And good luck.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #16

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Or you can bring the guns to my house and I will give you a recept for them showing that you sold them for $5 so you could split the money equaly in the devorce. After the devorce I will give them back to you.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #17

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I am really sorry about you going through a divorce, which may be a relief to you but I would be upset too if my husband wanted my guns that I had before we were married. I would have to say to get up with Opaww lol. If that is what you need to do to keep them then go where you bought them and see if they have a record. Again I am sorry that you are going through this rough patch right now. This is a great forum and you will find a lot of wonderful people that will give some excellent advice.

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 09-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #18

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

After you sell the guns to Oppaw for 5$ tear the bill in half and send him half the bill.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 11-07-2011, 05:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
First, welcome to the forum. Most new members stop by the introductions section and cordially make acquaintance.

Second, yes, each state has different laws regarding firearms registration. Most do not have an official registration process. I'm not sure about Kentucky, but if you had to submit registration above and beyond the paperwork filled out during the purchase from an FFL process then you should know.

Third, how would you not know what firearms you have purchased?

Fourth, there is no registry on the national level. The FFL you have purchased from has to keep records of sales.

Fifth, how would you not know what firearms you have registered?

Come to think of it, how many have you registered?
What if my ex was awarded the gun in a divorce? How could i find out if its still in my name?

Old 11-07-2011, 06:10 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2944 Times on 1533 Posts
Likes Given: 262

I do not think Alabama has a registry. If you have the court paperwork awarding the ex with the gun, don't sweat if.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball