List of Executive actions obama is signing - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > List of Executive actions obama is signing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
I just skimmed an article that states some of the EO will cost 500 million dollars. Can he even do that without the house appropriating the money?
Its my understanding that the house can move to block funding and I do remember that coming up earlier. Also I would think that since there are separate executive orders, the house could also pick and choose which ones they would get behind.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #42

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Or a prostate exam?
Even better!!!

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #43
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2729 Times on 1429 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Meh. Most of it is just typical libtard, feel good, mumbo jumbo. It is about 95% symbolic. As 'ol Will would say, "much ado about nothing".

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #44

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by redscho View Post
Be afraid, Very afraid once we veterans are disarmed!
Maybe it is a good thing for me that I've been permanently disqualified from entering military service then.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #45
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 8259 Times on 4771 Posts
Likes Given: 10672

As usual, the Devil is in the details. I have no doubt that they would use every wedge that they can in order to get what they are after. As Mosin pointed out there are problems with most of it if you read between the lines (and you can bet your collection that they did just that themselves) yet when read at face value it all seems quite innocuous. That is the craft that Obama and his minions have been perfecting for years now.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #46

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
I don't recall anyone forecasting that it would be done w/ executive order.

I recall people saying he better not, and others saying he was going to support a ban.
Guys around these parts have been, watching the tv news and soaking up their line of bs making those who don't know better think the Imposter and Chief is capable of waving his staff and making guns go away without Congress approval, I have a friend who has been driving to 3 different Fleet Farm stores at least 3 times a week hoping to find an AR rifle because he was worried about today's EOs even though I told him multiple times that it couldn't happen LEGALLY.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 01-17-2013, 01:29 AM   #47

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I see potential for a lot of abuse in these actions...
vagueness ... worn like a cloak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
Ya , know. I can't believe it but I don't have a problem with anything on that list
that's because NOTHING is defined ... wait until the fine print comes out, then get back to us on how you feel about it

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
that's because NOTHING is defined ... wait until the fine print comes out, then get back to us on how you feel about it
I'll put even money of vagueness prevailing. It gives them far more latitude.

I used to work in auto racing, and you know what the easiest racing class to cheat in was? It might surprise you to know it was Showroom Stock. Yup. Because the regulations were pretty vague. Lots left up to interpretation. Not only that but if you had the connections (which our team had) you could call the manufacturer and have changes made in order to get your new edge over the competition. The manufacturers would happily do what we asked because it would benefit all of the teams that were racing their cars all over the country when they found out- and the old racing adage "Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday" was a more important rule than any of the ones in the rule book.

So, Bobthefed makes an arrest and charges Joe Gunowner with a violation that is not specifically described in the law- and who do you think they are going to rule in favor of?

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
People Like This 
Old 01-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Very true viking. I don't think there will be many more details emerging. They'll keep it vague and gamble on the court system to sort it out when all those orders hit the fan. Thank god for term limits...or the 22nd,....oooh eerie

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-17-2013, 03:07 AM   #50

Egggzactly!

They used the opposite tack with Obamacare, but only to make it so complicated that nobody could read it all before voting on it. Be either too vague or too detailed and it will get through.

Quote: