Linn County Oregon Sheriff's Letter to Joe Biden - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Linn County Oregon Sheriff's Letter to Joe Biden

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Sherrif Mueller was on Hannity last night. He was asked directly that "if" the Feds reinstated the AWB and he found a citizen in possession of a banned gun or magazine...would he arrest and prosecute that citizen.

His answer was a flat, unequivocal NO! He is not authorized or permitted to enforce Federal Immigration laws so how can anyone think he is obligated to enforce Federal Firearms Laws?

Excellent answer Sherrif!

Oregon News yesterday had 6 other Oregon County Sherrifs joining Sherrif Mueller's stand.

Tack

Old 01-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #22

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Sherrif Mueller was on Hannity last night. He was asked directly that "if" the Feds reinstated the AWB and he found a citizen in possession of a banned gun or magazine...would he arrest and prosecute that citizen.

His answer was a flat, unequivocal NO! He is not authorized or permitted to enforce Federal Immigration laws so how can anyone think he is obligated to enforce Federal Firearms Laws?

Excellent answer Sherrif!

Oregon News yesterday had 6 other Oregon County Sherrifs joining Sherrif Mueller's stand.

Tack
The sheriff makes an excellent point on the immigration laws. I want to shake that man's hand. Regardless of whether u think any sheriff will be able to fight the feds on this issue is, in my opinion, a mute point. Its simple, numbers are politics. If enough people stand up to this "president" of ours, the more he will reconsider his actions. When law enforcement are the ones standing up, and states too, it makes It harder for him to push his ridiculous agenda and makes him look like the scum be truely is. Again, just my opinion on the matter...

Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
The sheriff makes an excellent point on the immigration laws. I want to shake that man's hand. Regardless of whether u think any sheriff will be able to fight the feds on this issue is, in my opinion, a mute point. Its simple, numbers are politics. If enough people stand up to this "president" of ours, the more he will reconsider his actions. When law enforcement are the ones standing up, and states too, it makes It harder for him to push his ridiculous agenda and makes him look like the scum be truely is. Again, just my opinion on the matter...
I'm seeing supposed "inside info" that the President is furious with these Sherrifs and State Legislators questioning his authority...

The left knows that Sherrifs do not need to fight them. Simply the lack of local support make anything they do manage to pass meaningless...

None of these Sherrifs want a fight with DC but they also recognize that those holding the real power in America are not wearing anyones uniform. Americas true power is derived from the consent of the people, and it would not matter if a majority wanted guns banned. Their ownership is a Constitutionaly protected right so anyone who felt that resistance was there only remaining option would be correct in the eyes of the founders...

Personally, I doubt if any of these Sherrifs have though it through that far and believe that they are simply looking at it pragmatically and asking themselves if DC's wet dream helps or impedes there ability to keep the peace and we have plenty of failed gun control to prove that it certainly won't help.

Tack

Old 01-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2144 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

If they want to remain in office I'm sure they realize they're the only elected LEO's in the country. They are beholden to their county citizens. All other police are hired or appointed.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
If they want to remain in office I'm sure they realize they're the only elected LEO's in the country. They are beholden to their county citizens. All other police are hired or appointed.
Bingo!

Every other department head does what his Mayor or Governor TELL him to do...at lease he does if he wants to keep his fat arse in his cushy desk job.

Tack