Liberal NRA supporters - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Liberal NRA supporters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 12:12 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default oh no

Quote:
O and Darkwolf you too are quite wrong Gun Control is a huge grey area for both party's . As a matter of fact at the local and even Federal Congressional level we have quite a few staunch 2A supporters who are Democrats just as there are Antigun Republicans .
I respectfully say BS. NoBama is a Soros boy with the power of Presidential directives
this is what Klintoon used. Soros wants a civil society and he wants your guns. nuff said c3shooter me too same story for us. we worked day and night to get ahead, hung sheetrock with illegal mexicans to get through college now I am rich.

Liberty

Old 09-08-2008, 03:05 AM   #22

HOLD UP!! Isn't say Liberal supports of the NRA like saying pretty ugly or jumbo shrimp. What's that word.. oh yeah, it's just an oxymoron. I think that should end all debate on this topic.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:10 AM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
HOLD UP!! Isn't say Liberal supports of the NRA like saying pretty ugly or jumbo shrimp. What's that word.. oh yeah, it's just an oxymoron. I think that should end all debate on this topic.

hahahahaha - I never thought about "pretty ugly"...
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 09-08-2008, 03:20 AM   #24

I just thought we all needed to get along and so I'm trying help end the debate so we can all go harvest are marijuana and have a good time around a huka. Who needs guns when you've got pot?

Old 09-08-2008, 03:48 AM   #25

RL357Mag - I don't mind the disagreement of opinion, I mean that's what political discussions and debates are all about. I am sure we don't agree on many things but we don't have to!

Thank you for yours and your sons service. I hope he stays safe over there... I haven't been out that way since March, but at that time Al Asad was fairly quiet so I hope that's still the case.

Anyway, I know I am somewhat of an oddity - But what I can't understand is why its so foreign that someone can have views that don't all fall on one side of the line. I try to formulate my opinions individually.

Just an example - being pro-gun and also pro-choice does not create an "oxymoron", as the two issues aren't related and don't effect each other!

Old 09-08-2008, 03:55 AM   #26

RL357Mag - You bring the Huka and I'll bring the pot.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #27
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwolf228 View Post
Anyway, I know I am somewhat of an oddity - But what I can't understand is why its so foreign that someone can have views that don't all fall on one side of the line. I try to formulate my opinions individually.
For many of us, owning a gun ties in very closely to appreciating rugged individuality. We lean on ourselves, not others. When bad times hit, we welcome help from friends and family to get going again, but we don't lean on government and we don't anticipate relying on others more than we have to to get back on our feet again.

This concept is opposite to what Obama is preaching.

Quote:
Just an example - being pro-gun and also pro-choice does not create an "oxymoron", as the two issues aren't related and don't effect each other!
When you consider the individual is the smallest minority there is, you appreciate that people -- even unborn ones -- deserve to be left alone if they have done nothing to anyone else. If a woman does not want to have a baby, she is obliged not to engage in acts likely to create one; killing the baby because it is an inconvenience and merely "undesirable uterine material" is a lame justification for murder, IMO.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #28
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

An ounce of PREVENTION is worth a TON of cure.. in this instance.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #29

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
An ounce of PREVENTION is worth a TON of cure.. in this instance.
How many grains are in that ounce you carry?

JD

Old 09-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #30

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
RL357Mag - I don't mind the disagreement of opinion, I mean that's what political discussions and debates are all about. I am sure we don't agree on many things but we don't have to!

Thank you for yours and your sons service. I hope he stays safe over there... I haven't been out that way since March, but at that time Al Asad was fairly quiet so I hope that's still the case.

First off, thank you for the well-wishes for my son, and for your service.

It's not that people have different views, I accept that, it's the cataclysmic difference in ideology and the repercussions which result from such radical views as abortion, gun control, social welfare, and "wealth redistribution". I am a Christian and I believe in God - in my mind only a cold-blooded unfeeling animal can literally rip a baby limb from limb and throw it away like so much trash. Whether that baby is planned or wanted makes absolutely no difference to the baby and the fact that it IS a baby - I feel strongly that this country will pay for this lack of regard for human life, and I think much of the ill's our society is facing is due in large part to our diminishing the sanctity of life to a lump of flesh. This Secular-progressive society is shunning God at every turn. I studied Biloogy and Chemistry in college, yet I am not an evolutionist - too much evidence AGAINST it. Even Darwin conceded it was virtually impossible. I realize this view is as radical to you as your Liberalism is to me, but my view doesn't impose life or death choices on you, nor does it cost you any money or infringe on any of your god-given rights. This is the underlying difference between Conservatives and Liberals - Liberalism (Soc!alism actually) imposes it's ideology on the masses, whereas Conservatism encourages self-actualization through personal responsibility and achievement. In my mind their is a vast difference between receiving needed assistance temporarily, to achieve a goal,... and entitlements, which all too often ARE the goal, and get passed down for generations. I spent a large part of my life in a city environment and at one point worked in a factory with unmarried minority women who would swap babies to increase their monthly welfare payments - this was in the late 1970's prior to SS numbers being required as proof of birth, but things HAVE NOT changed for the better, if anything they are much worse and abuse is much more widespread. They knew how to "play the system" then, and they know how to do it now...it's their JOB. Who pays? We do! Why? Because like the illegal immigrants in this country the Liberal politicians' voter base is comprised of Welfare recipients, minorities, and illegal aliens. If the immigration laws are not enforced and the borders sealed soon, this will become a one-party political system! What I don't understand is why the average Liberal who also works for a living, isn't as pissed-off as I am that they are getting raped. It really makes no sense to me, and this is why I believe that most Liberals don't even take the time to think about what they stand for, rather I believe they are born into it, like religion, passed down from one generattion to the next. I was raised a Catholic, but I left teh Catholic church decades ago because after much thought and analysis I realized it did not represent what the Bible taught - and this is just a small example of me - I analyze everything and weigh everything against a set of pre-determined standards that have become widely accepted as standards, like the Bible & the Constitution, and then I make my decision. I wish more people would think about what they "know".
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 09-08-2008 at 07:35 PM.