Liberal guidebook exposed - Shining Light on the Arguments.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Liberal guidebook exposed - Shining Light on the Arguments.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Arrow Liberal guidebook exposed - Shining Light on the Arguments.

Liberal guidebook exposed - shining light on the arguments.

Lead-in article here. Download the actual guide here.

This guide is written for liberal anti-gun proponents by media professionals to address how to effectively discuss "gun violence" and how to argue the talking points. This link was posted previously in response to a separate thread but I was unable to find it to credit the original poster - my apologies.

The reason I post this as a separate subject is because in the last year plus, I have used this guide while discussing "gun control," "gun violence" and other 2A issues with intellectual people. When I bring out this guide and show them where gun opponents wish to sway their emotions and distort the facts, it has caused a very distasteful reaction. I point out that the reason pro-gun people use dry, boring facts is because the facts favor the 2A argument. I also point out that the manual above tells the liberals to interview gun owners because, even though the liberals are trying to take all of the guns, gun owners are overwhelmingly safe to be around - quite a different view than what they portray.

This manual has a high page count, but it reads VERY quickly, as it had to be written so that liberals could read and remember it and use it when trying to deliver an emotional response to a highly-charged situation. Those of you that get into these arguments with people that will listen should have it on your phone or pad so it is accessible and highlight/bookmark the points you wish to use. Most people appreciate knowing when they are being emotionally manipulated, and when the facts are being kept from them because it doesn't suit one side's agenda.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

kfox75 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1579 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 8166

Thanks for post this Greg. Copy saved.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 05-08-2014, 09:53 PM   #3

Liked 188 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 56

I think this guide is about 2 years old. It has been around for a while, and does not seemed to have gotten much traction (fortunately).

Old 05-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #4
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1352 Times on 798 Posts
Likes Given: 3412

I too have a copy,. Thanks for posting it!!

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 05-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #5
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3171 Times on 2152 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Greg, I can't get it to download, it keeps taking me back to the page.....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #6
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6135 Times on 3039 Posts
Likes Given: 6514

Leave it to Libs to need an 80 page guide to talk about a subject that only has 2 lines, the 2a! They need 80 pages cause the dance they do to make their points is paramount to sacrilege. If they say exactly what they want to say which is "The 2A has no place in the USA and should be nullified, they will lose any borderline support for their fettering and without that, they are dead in the water! 80 pages of nip and tuck, cut and paste, finesse and angling, chipping away one little chunk at a time!

Their overall message gets lost in the chapters and thats exactly what they wish. 80 pages of Overturn the 2A!

Old 05-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #7

Default Liberal guidebook exposed - Shining Light on the Arguments.

Disregard, got it saved to my iPad....will move it to my phone from here...
Still can't get the lead in article..

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 05-09-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #8

This is the stuff that spawned people like "stab a gun nut" and such. I usually tell these type of folks when I see them protesting( some like to picket gunshows) that they should try a hitch in the service, or better yet, move to Israel or South Africa

TekGreg Likes This 
Old 05-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1604 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 557

Here in NC if you need professional help writing an effective letter or setting up a pro gun rally/protest just call one of our senators local office. His aides are more than happy to help you.

Kay Hagan's staff does pay back Fienstien each and every time she introduces a bill. You call her office and her staff will tell you to call DF's office and ask them how her bill would make you safer or explain the details of the bill.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 05-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #10
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Disregard, got it saved to my iPad....will move it to my phone from here...
Still can't get the lead in article..

Glad you got it! The article was just introduced it - you have the important part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Here in NC if you need professional help writing an effective letter or setting up a pro gun rally/protest just call one of our senators local office. His aides are more than happy to help you.

Kay Hagan's staff does pay back Fienstien each and every time she introduces a bill. You call her office and her staff will tell you to call DF's office and ask them how her bill would make you safer or explain the details of the bill.
That's too funny! Now I know what to do on a slow weekday. I'm gonna program her office number into my contacts. Someone call and put the conversation on the forum - we could all use a good laugh!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)