Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Liberal guidebook exposed - Shining Light on the Arguments. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/liberal-guidebook-exposed-shining-light-arguments-106853/)

TekGreg 05-08-2014 10:07 AM

Liberal guidebook exposed - Shining Light on the Arguments.

Liberal guidebook exposed - shining light on the arguments.

Lead-in article here. Download the actual guide here.

This guide is written for liberal anti-gun proponents by media professionals to address how to effectively discuss "gun violence" and how to argue the talking points. This link was posted previously in response to a separate thread but I was unable to find it to credit the original poster - my apologies.

The reason I post this as a separate subject is because in the last year plus, I have used this guide while discussing "gun control," "gun violence" and other 2A issues with intellectual people. When I bring out this guide and show them where gun opponents wish to sway their emotions and distort the facts, it has caused a very distasteful reaction. I point out that the reason pro-gun people use dry, boring facts is because the facts favor the 2A argument. I also point out that the manual above tells the liberals to interview gun owners because, even though the liberals are trying to take all of the guns, gun owners are overwhelmingly safe to be around - quite a different view than what they portray.

This manual has a high page count, but it reads VERY quickly, as it had to be written so that liberals could read and remember it and use it when trying to deliver an emotional response to a highly-charged situation. Those of you that get into these arguments with people that will listen should have it on your phone or pad so it is accessible and highlight/bookmark the points you wish to use. Most people appreciate knowing when they are being emotionally manipulated, and when the facts are being kept from them because it doesn't suit one side's agenda.

kfox75 05-08-2014 06:56 PM

Thanks for post this Greg. Copy saved.

JWagner 05-08-2014 09:53 PM

I think this guide is about 2 years old. It has been around for a while, and does not seemed to have gotten much traction (fortunately).

TDS92A 05-08-2014 11:56 PM

I too have a copy,. Thanks for posting it!!

DrFootball 05-09-2014 09:40 AM

Greg, I can't get it to download, it keeps taking me back to the page.....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

WebleyFosbery38 05-09-2014 10:17 AM

Leave it to Libs to need an 80 page guide to talk about a subject that only has 2 lines, the 2a! They need 80 pages cause the dance they do to make their points is paramount to sacrilege. If they say exactly what they want to say which is "The 2A has no place in the USA and should be nullified, they will lose any borderline support for their fettering and without that, they are dead in the water! 80 pages of nip and tuck, cut and paste, finesse and angling, chipping away one little chunk at a time!

Their overall message gets lost in the chapters and thats exactly what they wish. 80 pages of Overturn the 2A!

DrFootball 05-09-2014 10:18 AM

Liberal guidebook exposed - Shining Light on the Arguments.

Disregard, got it saved to my iPad....will move it to my phone from here...
Still can't get the lead in article..

DrFootball 05-09-2014 10:40 AM

This is the stuff that spawned people like "stab a gun nut" and such. I usually tell these type of folks when I see them protesting( some like to picket gunshows) that they should try a hitch in the service, or better yet, move to Israel or South Africa

John_Deer 05-09-2014 11:11 AM

Here in NC if you need professional help writing an effective letter or setting up a pro gun rally/protest just call one of our senators local office. His aides are more than happy to help you.

Kay Hagan's staff does pay back Fienstien each and every time she introduces a bill. You call her office and her staff will tell you to call DF's office and ask them how her bill would make you safer or explain the details of the bill.

TekGreg 05-11-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFootball (Post 1572869)
Disregard, got it saved to my iPad....will move it to my phone from here...
Still can't get the lead in article..

Glad you got it! The article was just introduced it - you have the important part. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Deer (Post 1572883)
Here in NC if you need professional help writing an effective letter or setting up a pro gun rally/protest just call one of our senators local office. His aides are more than happy to help you.

Kay Hagan's staff does pay back Fienstien each and every time she introduces a bill. You call her office and her staff will tell you to call DF's office and ask them how her bill would make you safer or explain the details of the bill.

That's too funny! Now I know what to do on a slow weekday. I'm gonna program her office number into my contacts. Someone call and put the conversation on the forum - we could all use a good laugh! :D