This is the letter I just wrote to my mayor.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > This is the letter I just wrote to my mayor.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 400 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 1424

Default This is the letter I just wrote to my mayor.

"
Dear Sir,

I am a resident of Alexandria and just discovered that you are a member of "Mayors against illegal guns".

Passing addtional laws will not deter criminals that are already breaking dozens of laws in the course of conducting their "business".

It only serves to disarm the public and gives criminals a free hand.

For this reason "Mayors against illegal guns" constitues a danger to both public safety and to the well being of our Republic.

Until you publicly remove yourself from that organization I will not vote for you and I will canvass everyone I know, to do likewise..

respectfully,

"

since both the towns I am currently living in ( where i also maintain a 2nd residence) have such mayors I got to send this letter off twice only changing the name of the city.

And after writing this letter I donated $100 to NAGR and once i finish this edit I will donate the same or more to the NRA...

Just trying to live by example and put my money where my mouth is.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Last edited by bluez; 02-23-2013 at 03:39 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #2

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Good job.........

Old 02-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #3

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

That should show him!

Old 02-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #4

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez
"
Dear Sir,

I am a resident of Alexandria and just discovered that you are a member of "Mayors against illegal guns".

Passing addtional laws will not deter criminals that are already breaking dozens of laws in the course of conducting their "business".

It only serves to disarm the public and gives criminals a free hand.

For this reason "Mayors against illegal guns" constitues a danger to both public safety and to the well being of our Republic.

Until you publicly remove yourself from that organization I will not vote for you and I will canvass everyone I know, to do likewise..

respectfully,

"

since both the towns I am currently living in ( where i also maintain a 2nd residence) have such mayors I got to send this letter off twice only changing the name of the city.

And after writing this letter I donated $100 to NAGR and once i finish this edit I will donate the same or more to the NRA...

Just trying to live by example and put my money where my mouth is.
Great letter However, just wondering if by all of us pushing the fact that although they claim to want to remove illegal hand guns that in fact is the opposite of what they are doing. Pointing out, as you did, that criminals don't follow existing laws nor will they follow new ones. When the President is not interested in increasing mandatory sentences for criminal use of hand guns and Cuomo will dedicate no additional resources to prosecute under his new regs what we will see is law enforcement coming down hard on law abiding citizens under new onerous regs but no chance in fixing the criminal problem. The emphasis seems to be to take productive members of society down rather than the true criminal element. This is just a plain and simple government gun grab. JMGO