A Letter from a Gentleman from Sandy Hook!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A Letter from a Gentleman from Sandy Hook!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2598 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Default A Letter from a Gentleman from Sandy Hook!

This letter was sent to Obama and his anti-gun group!
God Bless this good American!

Elected Officials Are Fundamentally Dishonest
1/10/2013
To the Editor:

This letter was forwarded to Barack Obama, John Boehner, Chris Murphy, Dick Blumenthal, Elizabeth Esty, and Harry Reid

I live in Sandy Hook, CT. My family and close friends weren't harmed on December 14. That day impacted 26 families with an indescribable, staggering pain and anguish. For most of Sandy Hook, it merely affected us with an inescapable intensity of sadness and grief.

Gun control has long been a focus of many in this country. Though I'm not knowledgeable of all the nuances of the Second Amendment, based on the Founding Fathers' circumstances, it had far more to do with enabling the citizenry to protect themselves against tyrannical government than against local psychopaths. It is about providing a balanced firepower so when King George's successor came knocking on your door, you could fight back. Government today is no less inclined to abuse its authority than it was then. Based on the absurd and ongoing power grab that is present day Washington, it's as threatening as ever.

That so many of you view the NRA with its resistance to further restrictions on firearms as intransigent lunatics has far more to do with how you conduct yourselves in office than it does with the NRA's actions.

You in public office are fundamentally dishonest people. You lead lives of deception at every turn, structuring your lives as comfortably as you can while governing with an indifference and arrogance that is absolutely maddening. When the country is reeling from financial disaster, you waste a trillion dollars on a health care bill we can't afford and you've never read. You claim it's critical because health care costs are killing this country... no they're not, you are! You are killing this country. You endorse the ongoing slaughter of millions of unborn children and whine when terrorists are water boarded. You can't lecture us right in Newtown High School about not doing enough to keep our children safe, while simultaneously slaughtering the unborn. You fabricate the intense, media laden drama of the fiscal cliff and lack the courage to do anything about truly reforming the obscene gluttony of government. You know you'll be out of office before the bill comes due… you don't care and have no integrity nor honor.

You lie whenever and wherever you need to to move forth your agenda. Were you able, you would purge the US of guns… every last gun in the country, if you could. So please forgive Wayne La Pierre and those of us who don't trust you as far as we can spit. You're a dishonest lot, motivated by a distorted worldview. If mass murder prevention were truly your goal, you would welcome armed security wherever needed. It is outrageous that we protect our money with far more firepower than we protect our children.

I have never owned a gun, nor wanted to as intensely as right now. You'll stop restricting guns when only you have them.

Brendan Duffy

4 Chestnut Knoll Drive, Sandy Hook January 8, 2013

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #2

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
This letter was sent to Obama and his anti-gun group!

To the Editor:

This letter was forwarded to Barack Obama, John Boehner, Chris Murphy, Dick Blumenthal, Elizabeth Esty, and Harry Reid
John Boehner is in the anti-gun group? but he's the Republican and Majority leader of the house....I haven't looked up his politics since I don't live in his district, but I would have assumed that he was automatically pro-2nd amendment.

is that wrong?

Old 01-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Well said. Somebody get that man an AR!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Old 01-26-2013, 02:09 AM   #4

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
John Boehner is in the anti-gun group? but he's the Republican and Majority leader of the house....I haven't looked up his politics since I don't live in his district, but I would have assumed that he was automatically pro-2nd amendment.

is that wrong?
Yes ... Boehner is a douche who has been having his ass handed to him ever since he became House Majority Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Well said. Somebody get that man an AR!
might be a great project for the folks at FTF to take up

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 01-26-2013, 03:46 AM   #5

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Yes ... Boehner is a douche who has been having his ass handed to him ever since he became House Majority Speaker

might be a great project for the folks at FTF to take up
I'd throw a few bones in to see to it that man was armed! Take off work and drive it there myself too. Glad that man spoke up!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

damn well said!

too bad Obama and his minions will probably never see that letter. even if they did, i doubt it would have any effect.

i'd shake that man's hand for writing that letter as well!

thanks Sniper for posting this letter.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:50 AM   #7

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Wasn't the town called newtown not sandy hook? I think sandy hook was the name of the school

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Savage Model 11
Saiga 7.62x39
Mossberg MVP Varmint
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Old 01-26-2013, 04:59 AM   #8

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNARG View Post
Wasn't the town called newtown not sandy hook? I think sandy hook was the name of the school
the village is Sandy Hook ... in the town of Newton, CT

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post

Gotta call TOTAL, ABSOLUTE BILLSH!T on this one Dog. Boehner is staunchly pro-gun.

What do we gain by attacking out friends???

Winston Churchill

Old 01-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #10

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Obama & Co. don't have an interest in hearing positions that differ from theirs, regardless of who, where, or when that position is brought forth. The "new" gun control legislation is not expected to get through Congress - maybe COULD HAVE a week or two after Sandy Hook tragedy, but now - it's just another piece of legislation for Congress to (hopefully) do nothing about.

I believe the White House can now say "we did what we could, we did what will please most of our Huffington-post-low-info-voters"......kind of like last year's jobs bill, I wonder if this is more about making Conservative Republicans (not jack weeds like Chris Christie) look bad ? My guess is: yes