Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Let's take a look at gun control that actually works for a country.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 02:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 37 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Let's take a look at gun control that actually works for a country.

Switzerland: Neutral, and from what I hear, a great place to live. As long as you have layers on.

In Switzerland every male is required to serve in the Army for two years, and (I think) they're in the Reserves until they're 45 yrs old. After their active duty, they go home with their rifle, a SIG 550 (lately) capable of full auto fire. So, in virtually every Swiss household there is a select fire automatic assault rifle, or several, as you can pass them down over the generations. Ammo is provided by the government in most situations. When was the last mass shooting in Switzerland? That's a rhetorical question, of course. Why the difference between the U.S. and the Swiss? Obviously assault rifles have nothing to do with it (other than the fact that in both countries they provide an inhibitory effect against home invasions)!

More clues:

Societal Respect - that works
Health (incl. mental) care system - that works
Government - that works
Laws - that work

None of the above apply to the USA in it's current configuration.

We can learn a lesson here, and shouldn't be above doing just that.

Thoughts?

I have no idea how that hole got there.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3678 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Yeah, but don't go citing the Swiss TOO much...

They get the full auto removed when they're not in the Militia anymore, and up until 2007, they were allowed 50 bullets each... now they can't possess any ammo at all.