LEO says guns are not for defense - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > LEO says guns are not for defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhc View Post
Good point! Ya got me there.
We've all been guilty a time or two

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #12

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

This is Euro concept of handguns. The handgun is reserved to the few as a badge of authority. The Euro concept was always for weak under powered Ctgs. The 9 MM Luger was born of this concept.
Americans post Civil War saw the handgun as both offensive and defensive. The American handgun was .44 and .45 Caliber heavy handguns.
Many modern American Police officials are infected with Euro-UN ideas.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5692 Times on 3217 Posts
Likes Given: 5085

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhc View Post
brain rot from all the pollution and tofu?

ROFLMFAO I love it!

Winston Churchill

Old 02-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #14

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

We've all been guilty a time or two
It's just frustration that brain dead people get so much airtime. Darwin was sure wrong in his theory because there sure are a lot of dumb people walking around and reproducing.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ كفري

Old 02-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8828 Times on 3821 Posts
Likes Given: 1365

Once again Cartman's voice- "You will respect my authori-tay!"

In the meantime, he would never have passed a roll call inspection at my department- but George Patton would have envied all those stars! I especially liked the Bobble Heads behind him.

How would this doofus like to be a Game Warden- who knows that everyone he walks up to in hunting season is holding a LOADED FIREARM? I doubt he could handle the stress.

Here a douche like that would be run out of town on a rail. To my brothers and sisters in CA- we can loan you some rails if there is a shortage there.

This is a political hack- you deal with them thru politics. Get involved. If the local govt supports this dingbat, change THEM.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #16

Liked 380 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It's like the military. The higher you go up the food chain, you become more a politician than a warrior. This joker's covering his back side, mouthing the company line. Like Mel Brooks says in Blazing Saddles, "We've gotta save our phony baloney jobs."
Old 02-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #17

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default Make Up Your Mind!

Not so funny. I lived under circumstances where I had to get a permission slip to buy a handgun and had to formally request it in specific detail and with a justifying explanation. I wanted a large-frame .22 revolver and wrote it was for target shooting, hunting and home protection. My request was officially declined because: "self defense is not a valid use of a firearm."

I had to reapply and then it was informally rejected because I could not prove I would use it to target shoot and they only approved it when I produced a hunting license which they hesitantly accepted as some kind of persuassive, validating, evidence!

White collar police chiefs tend to be lying liberal political appointee hacks (but I repeat myself), at least in above average-size cities. Interestingly these are the same "authorities" who invent reasons to arm the rank-and-file officers with low-powered tight-patterned shotgun ammo in colusion with their attorneys, as well as choose Remington shotguns, which some of our folk then use to defend those selections for others.

I wish everyone could get things straight once and for all!

Last edited by HockaLouis; 02-10-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:20 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2729 Times on 1429 Posts
Likes Given: 230

I would disagree with the title of the thread; a police chief is NOT an LEO. He is a politician. When chiefs open their yaps about guns and gun control, they are actually talking out of the side of their collective necks.

SHUT UP CHIEF!!!!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 02-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1575 Times on 1073 Posts
Likes Given: 540

I could agree the with the officer if he was actually responsible for my personal safety. However, the Supreme Court has ruled on several occasions the police are not responsible for my personal safety or the safety of my family, no matter how careless their actions might be.

Yet, when a serious threat to the police in CA occurs they put out a million dollar reward for anyone that can find him.

We have some fine officers here in NC. All of them I have met I have little doubt they would lay it all down to protect any family. Yet they seldom can get here in time to protect my family from a determined attacker. I prefer help that arrives at 1,600 FPS.

Warren v. District of Columbia
DeShaney v. Winnebago County
Castle Rock v. Gonzales

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #20

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Is this idiot really a chief of police?