Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   LEO says guns are not for defense (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/leo-says-guns-not-defense-83883/)

JWagner 02-10-2013 02:19 PM

LEO says guns are not for defense

A police chief has some interesting insights on guns. Police carry them for something other than self defense, it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYmDEIH4H3A&feature=youtube_gdata_player&n oredirect=1

winds-of-change 02-10-2013 02:27 PM

I am embarrassed for him. Can he seriously believe what he just said or do you think he is just saying what his 'higher ups' want him to say? I had to look twice to see if he was from Chicago but I see he's from Cali.

JimRau 02-10-2013 02:27 PM

When he says 'we' he is referring to 'politically appointed yes men' not LEO's. He would not make a pimple or a real cop's azz!!!
He is one of those whom I have made reference to as violating the oath he took and only caring about himself/career!:mad:

PanBaccha 02-10-2013 02:56 PM

Either this is a sketch from 'Saturday Night Live' or he had dropped too many mushrooms in his youth. As for the background ... uh? What are they up there for? To add weight to an otherwise dumb proclamation on guns?

dog2000tj 02-10-2013 03:01 PM

"a gun is not a defensive weapon. a gun is an offensive weapon, used to intimidate and show power. Police officers do not carry a gun as a defensive weapon."

and this man is a Police Chief? :confused: and people follow this man? :eek:

this idiot should be immediately stripped of his qualifications, removed from his position and barred from holding ANY Law Enforcement position of ANY kind! :cool:

HOSSFLY 02-10-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 1132156)
"a gun is not a defensive weapon. a gun is an offensive weapon, used to intimidate and show power. Police officers do not carry a gun as a defensive weapon."

and this man is a Police Chief? :confused: and people follow this man? :eek:

this idiot should be immediately stripped of his qualifications, removed from his position and barred from holding ANY Law Enforcement position of ANY kind! :cool:

Yup- Thats why i seldom open the utube crap-
Most just piss me off---

sirhc 02-10-2013 03:32 PM

Why would you waste our time with a video of some Commifornia douchebag that has brain rot from all the pollution and tofu? I have found most to be illogical and brain dead zombies. With exception to a few that must have lived in the pockets of clean air and ate meat that helped with brain development. Most LEOs support 2nd amendment rights and most sheriffs a crossed the country have sworn to uphold the constitution even if they may come against what the federal governments wishes.

HOSSFLY 02-10-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhc (Post 1132200)
Why would you waste our time with a video of some Commifornia douchebag that has brain rot from all the pollution and tofu? I have found most to be illogical and brain dead zombies. With exception to a few that must have lived in the pockets of clean air and ate meat that helped with brain development. Most LEOs support 2nd amendment rights and most sheriffs a crossed the country have sworn to uphold the constitution even if they may come against what the federal governments wishes.

Same reason you wasted our time by replying to a post that was a waste of time? :confused:

gr8oldguy 02-10-2013 03:37 PM

Handguns are both offensive and defensive. In a philosophical manner, you could argue that if you are using a gun to defend yourself, then you are using a weapon in an offensive manner to protect your own life and perhaps the lives of others. The discussion of what is offense and what is defense has to be subjective based on the situation. If you are walking down the street, and a bad guy approaches you, pointing a gun, demanding money or your life and you shoot your weapon...that's self defense. If, when the bad guy sees your gun, turns and runs, and you chase after him and shoot...that's assault with a deadly weapon. We, pro 2A folks and liberals, don't want to hear anything that doesn't support our political positions. If we do hear something we don't like, we attack. It's a sad statement of life in America, when we vilify that which makes us Americans.

sirhc 02-10-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Same reason you wasted our time by replying to a post that was a waste of time? :confused:

Good point! Ya got me there.