LEO reinstated after defending RKBA - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > LEO reinstated after defending RKBA

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 450
Liked 242 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Default

I agree, it is becoming a rural vs urban thing. And yes, there are those who will point to the statistics showing that more and more southern states are becoming recipients of government aid programs, but that says more about the nation's economy than their social/political views.

__________________
GTX63 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:41 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,474
Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Here's an update from North Florida, near Liberty County.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Reinstated-Sheriff-Speaks--230929941.html?device=phone

__________________
1911love is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rocky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Red Deer,Alberta
Posts: 1,412
Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Default

Nice update. He sounds eminently sensible to me.

__________________

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Rocky7 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,474
Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Nice update. He sounds eminently sensible to me.
That's what I thought too. He upheld his oath and was charged with a crime. Look at all the filthy politicians that don't uphold their oath and jack sh!t happens.

Politicians not upholding their oath is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.
__________________
1911love is offline  
Rocky7 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sniper03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,225
Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

It is amazing that some of the Sheriffs and the Sheriffs Association has generally come to the aid of the citizens and the Second Amendment Rights.

03

__________________

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Sniper03 is offline  
Rocky7 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rocky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Red Deer,Alberta
Posts: 1,412
Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
It is amazing that some of the Sheriffs and the Sheriffs Association has generally come to the aid of the citizens and the Second Amendment Rights.

03
Indeed it is, indeed it is.

We had several LEO's step up into the limelight here in Canada to help the charge to throw our long gun registry on a manure pile - which is where it went.

One of them was from Edmonton and the first thing he did was formally take himself off the promotion list. He knew that when he opened his mouth and spoke against his politico-cop bosses, his prospects for advancement were over. He ran a survey among front-line officers in a LEO magazine. The result was about 90% opposed to the Long Gun Registry, IIRC, and then he was interviewed over and over about that and about his opinion and experience.....appeared before the Committees who were taking testimony in Ottawa, etc. He wasn't the only one, either.

His name is Randy Kuntz. I doubt he visits here, but I wanted to give him credit (again) anyway.

Same goes for your officers. They hang their arse out the window when they do things like this and they deserve public recognition for their integrity and our collective thanks.

Sorry for yammering on but things like this impress me a lot.
__________________

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.


Last edited by Rocky7; 11-09-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Rocky7 is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:11 AM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21641 Times on 12276 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Indeed it is, indeed it is.

We had several LEO's step up into the limelight here in Canada to help the charge to throw our long gun registry on a manure pile - which is where it went.

One of them was from Edmonton and the first thing he did was formally take himself off the promotion list. He knew that when he opened his mouth and spoke against his politico-cop bosses, his prospects for advancement were over. He ran a survey among front-line officers in a LEO magazine. The result was about 90% opposed to the Long Gun Registry, IIRC, and then he was interviewed over and over about that and about his opinion and experience.....appeared before the Committees who were taking testimony in Ottawa, etc. He wasn't the only one, either.

His name is Randy Kuntz. I doubt he visits here, but I wanted to give him credit (again) anyway.

Same goes for your officers. They hang their arse out the window when they do things like this and they deserve public recognition for their integrity and our collective thanks.

Sorry for yammering on but things like this impress me a lot; and I don't impress easy.
i agree 1000%.

when any LEO stands up and defends the Constitution and our rights, they deserve our appreciation and respect and our support, because the gun hating liberals are going to try and hang them out to dry.

they are going to bevilified in the press for their stance and viewpoints. so they need to know that their positions they decided to defend are not for nothing and that they are not alone. support them, elect them and recognize their committment to us and our rights.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
Rocky7 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:46 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rocky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Red Deer,Alberta
Posts: 1,412
Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Default

Yep. And many of their bosses are the kind of politico-cop that never met a law he didn't like. Those bosses will not forget.

Anyway, I guess they sleep good at night and that's worth something. A lot, maybe.

__________________

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Rocky7 is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21641 Times on 12276 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Yep. And many of their bosses are the kind of politico-cop that never met a law he didn't like. Those bosses will not forget.

Anyway, I guess they sleep good at night and that's worth something. A lot, maybe.
any man that can sleep well at night because he did the right thing in spite of any pressure to do the opposite, i can respect immensely.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
wittmeba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The state for Lovers
Posts: 1,097
Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Default

He seems like a true gentleman and respects the law. He himself appears to earn much respect.

His comment:

He told the jury that he did not believe in enforcing the state’s concealment statutes, because he believed that Second Amendment rights trumped those laws. ~ Liberty County Sheriff Nick Finch

__________________
NRA Member - Over 5,000,000 strong!
Criminals don't discriminate. They will attack anywhere!

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
wittmeba is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Online Poll: Should the Assault Weapons Ban Be Reinstated? 10P8TRIOT Legal and Activism 49 01-01-2013 03:07 PM
Supreme Court on RKBA bkt Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 03-19-2008 01:30 AM
brady reinstated rocker Legal and Activism 13 06-05-2007 05:13 AM
RKBA quotes - part 2 bkt Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 05-10-2007 08:23 PM
RKBA quotes - part 1 bkt Politics, Religion and Controversy 0 05-09-2007 03:35 PM