LEO reinstated after defending RKBA - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > LEO reinstated after defending RKBA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 242 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I agree, it is becoming a rural vs urban thing. And yes, there are those who will point to the statistics showing that more and more southern states are becoming recipients of government aid programs, but that says more about the nation's economy than their social/political views.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:41 AM   #12

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Here's an update from North Florida, near Liberty County.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Reinstated-Sheriff-Speaks--230929941.html?device=phone

Old 11-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #13

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Nice update. He sounds eminently sensible to me.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #14

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Nice update. He sounds eminently sensible to me.
That's what I thought too. He upheld his oath and was charged with a crime. Look at all the filthy politicians that don't uphold their oath and jack sh!t happens.

Politicians not upholding their oath is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

It is amazing that some of the Sheriffs and the Sheriffs Association has generally come to the aid of the citizens and the Second Amendment Rights.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Rocky7 Likes This 
Old 11-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
It is amazing that some of the Sheriffs and the Sheriffs Association has generally come to the aid of the citizens and the Second Amendment Rights.

Indeed it is, indeed it is.

We had several LEO's step up into the limelight here in Canada to help the charge to throw our long gun registry on a manure pile - which is where it went.

One of them was from Edmonton and the first thing he did was formally take himself off the promotion list. He knew that when he opened his mouth and spoke against his politico-cop bosses, his prospects for advancement were over. He ran a survey among front-line officers in a LEO magazine. The result was about 90% opposed to the Long Gun Registry, IIRC, and then he was interviewed over and over about that and about his opinion and experience.....appeared before the Committees who were taking testimony in Ottawa, etc. He wasn't the only one, either.

His name is Randy Kuntz. I doubt he visits here, but I wanted to give him credit (again) anyway.

Same goes for your officers. They hang their arse out the window when they do things like this and they deserve public recognition for their integrity and our collective thanks.

Sorry for yammering on but things like this impress me a lot.

Last edited by Rocky7; 11-09-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-09-2013, 02:11 AM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21641 Times on 12276 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Indeed it is, indeed it is.

We had several LEO's step up into the limelight here in Canada to help the charge to throw our long gun registry on a manure pile - which is where it went.

One of them was from Edmonton and the first thing he did was formally take himself off the promotion list. He knew that when he opened his mouth and spoke against his politico-cop bosses, his prospects for advancement were over. He ran a survey among front-line officers in a LEO magazine. The result was about 90% opposed to the Long Gun Registry, IIRC, and then he was interviewed over and over about that and about his opinion and experience.....appeared before the Committees who were taking testimony in Ottawa, etc. He wasn't the only one, either.

His name is Randy Kuntz. I doubt he visits here, but I wanted to give him credit (again) anyway.

Same goes for your officers. They hang their arse out the window when they do things like this and they deserve public recognition for their integrity and our collective thanks.

Sorry for yammering on but things like this impress me a lot; and I don't impress easy.
i agree 1000%.

when any LEO stands up and defends the Constitution and our rights, they deserve our appreciation and respect and our support, because the gun hating liberals are going to try and hang them out to dry.

they are going to bevilified in the press for their stance and viewpoints. so they need to know that their positions they decided to defend are not for nothing and that they are not alone. support them, elect them and recognize their committment to us and our rights.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:46 AM   #18

Yep. And many of their bosses are the kind of politico-cop that never met a law he didn't like. Those bosses will not forget.

Anyway, I guess they sleep good at night and that's worth something. A lot, maybe.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21641 Times on 12276 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Yep. And many of their bosses are the kind of politico-cop that never met a law he didn't like. Those bosses will not forget.

Anyway, I guess they sleep good at night and that's worth something. A lot, maybe.
any man that can sleep well at night because he did the right thing in spite of any pressure to do the opposite, i can respect immensely.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #20

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

He seems like a true gentleman and respects the law. He himself appears to earn much respect.

His comment:

He told the jury that he did not believe in enforcing the state’s concealment statutes, because he believed that Second Amendment rights trumped those laws. ~ Liberty County Sheriff Nick Finch

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!