Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > LEO gone wild......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #41
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7732 Times on 4465 Posts
Likes Given: 9979

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I was disappointed in that part myself. A smart man would move it back 18 feet, mount it on eight foot steel poles with 1/2" bolts with spot welded nuts, light it up like the statue of liberty, and put a scrolling LED screen flashing the website for the group opposing the "SAFE act". Then i would add a pair of smaller signs that read "as approved by the city council of Somer" and "24/7 video and audio surveillance".

I don't particularly like that easement crap myself, but that is the price of living in a society of more than you/your family. It's much like that emminent domain crap; my sister has a pipeline crossing her 20+ acres that she didn't ask for. Me, i wouldn't mind living on a off-shore island with nobody else around for miles and miles, but i haven't got the scratch.
I agree. Build a sign that is right up to the limits of what is allowed by code and stick that mother right on the ragged edge of the easement line (it was stated that the property is in the process of being surveyed due to the dispute). Make a large donation to the local Boy Scout Troop get them to perform drills in front of the sign all day long too. Give 'em a bunch of drill rifles to play with while they are at it. Builds character. Have a few shifts set up so you don't have any breaks in the action. Maybe get the local Civil War reenactment group to show up and practice drills too. Make sure you apply for and pay all applicable permits beforehand though.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I had a somewhat similar situation, but it was with my homeowners' association. I moved from Indianapolis to S. Carolina, and needed to nsell my house in Indy. I hired a real estate company to sell my house. They put a for sale sign in my front yard, and the homeowners' association made them take it down. It took me 2 years to get the house sold.
At one time we had the same problem here. A homeowner sued and won. Now our signs have to be compliant with the guidelines we have sent to every realtor. If they don't comply the signs disappear.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

trip286,

Quote:
Based on the information available, how do you so readily side with the law enforcement agency on the matter?

1. LEA claims they sent a letter. The homeowner says he never got one. Why do you assume the homeowner is lying, and not the LEA?
This is a government entity we are dealing with. If a letter was sent there would be a record of it. If no letter was sent there would be nothing to back up the claim that one was sent. Now let me ask you a question. If he didn't receive a letter, why did he contact the building inspector to ask about it?

Quote:
2. Homeowner appeared to believe the sign was on his property. Why do you assume he was intentionally snubbing his local laws?
The homeowner said on TV that if they had asked nicely he would have moved the sign. When asked if he would have moved it out of the easement he said probably not.

Quote:
3. Homeowner placed a camera to catch whoever was stealing his personal property that he paid for, seemingly out of his own pocket, without knowing it was law enforcement taking it, because, according to him, he never GOT this letter informing him of who was taking his sign that he thought was on private property, or why.
The only part not in dispute is that he set up a camera. Did he get a letter? Because of his response of contacting the building inspector I would say he most certainly did.

Quote:
I think it's safe to assume that if he'd gotten this letter, he wouldn't need a camera, and would've taken the letter itself to his attorney if he wanted to pursue the matter legally, or simply moved it closer to his house to avoid further complications.
I think it's safe to assume he's a cop hating azzhat. He got a letter, he called the building inspector, and posted about his call on that forum linked to earlier in this thread.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #44

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

First, as a city employee, I can tell you most assuredly that the vast majority of records are kept on sticky pads, at least temporarily. With that said, I'll post a copy of his own words he apparently wrote on nyshooter forum...

(Quote) ...repeal the safe act sign… I put it up and one scumbag neighbor called the town building inspector to complain. I got a letter for being in violation of a town code. As per advice on this forum from nyshooter I could fight it on grounds of my 1st amendment rights… so I called the town BI and after telling him ill fight it in court he asked what kind of sign it was so I said a pro2a sign so he said leave it up. A week or so later he called me back because the [neighbor] cried again and I said that I’m leaving it up. A day or so later my sign went missing… (end quote)

This does prove that he DID get a letter (which it appears he later lied about) contacted city officials, and continued to enthusiastically flaunt the codes in anticipation of his day in court.

As far as being a cop hating azzhat, I still see no real evidence of that.

I apologize for missing the other link. I saw the first one and read it, and the link to another thread on this forum, but I missed the blaze link in the second thread that contained his own quotes. The man is a liar and a punk, plain and simple.

As far as his tv interview goes, I can't open video on my phone, and didn't see a link for his tv interview even if I could.

He should just paint it on his door, if his HOA allows it (if he even has one).

Old 09-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
First, as a city employee, I can tell you most assuredly that the vast majority of records are kept on sticky pads, at least temporarily. With that said, I'll post a copy of his own words he apparently wrote on nyshooter forum...

(Quote) ...repeal the safe act sign… I put it up and one scumbag neighbor called the town building inspector to complain. I got a letter for being in violation of a town code. As per advice on this forum from nyshooter I could fight it on grounds of my 1st amendment rights… so I called the town BI and after telling him ill fight it in court he asked what kind of sign it was so I said a pro2a sign so he said leave it up. A week or so later he called me back because the [neighbor] cried again and I said that I’m leaving it up. A day or so later my sign went missing… (end quote)

This does prove that he DID get a letter (which it appears he later lied about) contacted city officials, and continued to enthusiastically flaunt the codes in anticipation of his day in court.

As far as being a cop hating azzhat, I still see no real evidence of that.

I apologize for missing the other link. I saw the first one and read it, and the link to another thread on this forum, but I missed the blaze link in the second thread that contained his own quotes. The man is a liar and a punk, plain and simple.

As far as his tv interview goes, I can't open video on my phone, and didn't see a link for his tv interview even if I could.

He should just paint it on his door, if his HOA allows it (if he even has one).
All he really has to do is keep it off the easement, and he could probably put up flashing neon.

The reason I made the azzhat statement is that even though he knows he is in the wrong, he was nice enough to post the pictures of the cop doing his job. The only problem is the misleading way he posted them. A 'guess who is stealing my sign' sort of thing.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #46

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post

All he really has to do is keep it off the easement, and he could probably put up flashing neon.
THAT would probably be a problem too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
The reason I made the azzhat statement is that even though he knows he is in the wrong, he was nice enough to post the pictures of the cop doing his job. The only problem is the misleading way he posted them. A 'guess who is stealing my sign' sort of thing.
I can see where that would very understandably give that impression.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yeah. I guess neon would be a problem. Still, if it was truly on his property there shouldn't be anything keeping him from putting up a sign with more subtle illumination. I support the guys First and Second Amendment rights to the fullest. I just think he went about it in the wrong way. When he got to the cop bashing part of it, it really ticked me off.