Legal way to handle a home invasion/shooting. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Legal way to handle a home invasion/shooting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2617 Times on 1443 Posts
Likes Given: 4149

The so called OK "make my day law" dates from 1987. It came about after a Tulsa dentist killed a home invader. An ambulance chasing Tulsa lawyer contacted the family of the late scumbag and sued in civil court. This lawsuit really PO'd OK legislators who passed the so called "make my day" act. The governor signed it into law.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/1475457/How-the-Make-My-Day-law-cut-epidemic-of-violent-burglary.html

For many years i have followed home invasion shootings very closely in OK. i have never heard of a person who wounded or killed a home invader being held by police.

There are unconfirmed reports that deputies bought this lady a new self defense shotgun:

http://www.news9.com/story/16426002/authorities-release-names-in-fatal-blanchard-home-invasion

From Title 21. 1289.25 OK Code:

Quote:
F. A person who uses force, as permitted pursuant to the provisions of subsections B and D of this section, is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes charging or prosecuting the defendant.

G. A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force, but the law enforcement agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:53 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Put your ego aside if you shoot a home invader. Tell the LEO you were afraid for your life and your family's and you just wanted to stop the threat.
I have two small dogs, they do not yap incessantly but does let us know if someone or something is outside. A delivery man once remarked as my dogs were at the front door barking that they weren't much for watchdogs. I replied they let me know you were here, and I can handle it from there.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #23

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

As to how Congresscritters should know their laws inside and out...

Remember, a barrel shroud is "that shoulder thing that goes up".

Last edited by trip286; 08-30-2012 at 01:25 AM.
m72law Likes This 
Old 08-30-2012, 04:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
As to how Congresscritters should know their laws inside and out...

Remember, a barrel shroud is "that shoulder thing that goes up".

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tSPrHl_6bO4
Not surprised. A little while back I was scanning the news after the Batman shootings, and this fat reporter on CNN was saying something along the lines of him using a machine gun, and blah blah ban guns so nobody can get them blah blah. Liberal media and politicians have no gun sense whatsoever.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #25
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8251 Times on 4249 Posts
Likes Given: 9495

I wonder if we could give them some clues to how to Identify WTF they are talking about cause they are clueless! Maybe we could liken guns to paths and roads. A single shot weapon is a hiking trail, a Semi Auto is like an improved paved road, a Light machine gun is like a 4 lane, a heavy one is more like an 8 lane highway! Maybe then they could understand, after all, they have all seen roads before!

They can redefine anything they choose, Marriage, Life, Death and what constitutes a human! Evan an idiot could tell you anything can be an Assault Weapon! A Baseball shoved down someones throat certainly is an assault, the baseball is a weapon when used in that manner, so is a law that denies us our rights.

We do actually live and die based upon definitions created by republi-crats. I feel more comfortable with Websters myself!

Old 08-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #26

Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS

the only way to learn IS to ask questions.

with that said, i hate to be a devil's advocate, but this kinda thing could be construed to be "premeditation" by some slick, dirtbag civil lawyer.
I started to say the same, glad I continued reading

Old 08-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

In OK the family of the late perp may not sue in home invasion cases where the prosecutor has ruled self defense or the jury has no billed the case. In the 25 years since "stand your ground" went into effect no one has collected on behalf of their late home invader relative.

In OK the prosecutor is not required to take a self defense case to a grand jury. In cases where the prosecutor declines charges, the family of the late perp can collect signatures on a petition for a grand jury hearing. Thats right, no one will sign a petition on behalf of a home invading perp.

Last edited by alsaqr; 08-30-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #28

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

alsaqr,

I'd like to see a link, or a photo of that case, considering the .308's ability to penetrate.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I'd like to see a link, or a photo of that case, considering the .308's ability to penetrate.
i posted it on the wrong thread. See the thread on the secret service.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:02 AM   #30

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5149

Quote:
Originally Posted by meal4zombies View Post
Not surprised. A little while back I was scanning the news after the Batman shootings, and this fat reporter on CNN was saying something along the lines of him using a machine gun, and blah blah ban guns so nobody can get them blah blah. Liberal media and politicians have no gun sense whatsoever.

bout like this..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BRQqieimwLQ

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me