Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Legal way to handle a home invasion/shooting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
One more thing. A little yappy dog like a Bichon or poodle is actually as good or better than a big dog. His yapping will let the whole neighbothood know that something is amiss.l
Well that may or may not be an acceptable deterrent. But I agree that no burgler is going to attempt to b&e a place with anything making a lot of racket. But I've been around a lot of annoying little ankle-biters that bark their fool heads off at a stiff breeze and neighbors get used to that "yap-yap-yap" and tend to tune it out. I personally don't like small breed dogs like Chihuahua's, Shi-Tsu's, Yorkies etc. specifically for their obsessive need to advertise how tough they think they are to everyone. Big dogs know that they are big and tough and typically (if trained) only bark loudly when there is something really threatening going on that they want you to know about.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5480 Times on 3103 Posts
Likes Given: 4757

Any dog, large or small, can, and should, be trained when to bark and when not to.

Golda Meier.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #13

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
You're right, of course, Bill. But I like to prepare for the "worst case" scenario, and then I'm psychologically prepared if it happens.
Understood. Yet another factor is where you are located when the shooting happens. It shouldn't matter, but it does. For example, if you are located in a state that is very unfriendly to firearm owners to begin with, like Illinois, or California. You will be much more scrutinized by the "system", than if the same exact shooting occurred the same exact way in a friendlier state like Arizona or Texas. People there pride themselves on their gun rights. Politics has a way of entering into everything. Especially these days with a nation that is so divided. The Zimmerman / Martin shooting proved this.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #14
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4557 Times on 1543 Posts
Likes Given: 1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
Like this one?

Reminds me of this one.

NSDQ

People Like This 
Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #15

Liked 26 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 18

^ made me smile!

Old 08-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 834 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 179

how many attorney's 24/7 numbers do you have on speed dial?

Better have more than one, and you should have made prior contact.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #17

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

Wonder how long the phrase ''Home Invasion'' would be around,If ADT,Brinks,ect. was to include a few of these diagrams in there ads/commercials......

thca8qka5e.jpg  
Old 08-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #18

Liked 45 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Old 08-29-2012, 01:54 AM   #19

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
how many attorney's 24/7 numbers do you have on speed dial?

Better have more than one, and you should have made prior contact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Each state has a different way of handling it.
Become familiar with the laws, and ask questions or send letters to the congress men / women.

They had a hand in getting such laws enacted, and one would expect them to know the laws inside and out.

the only way to learn IS to ask questions.

with that said, i hate to be a devil's advocate, but this kinda thing could be construed to be "premeditation" by some slick, dirtbag civil lawyer.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 08-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #20
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5880 Times on 2909 Posts
Likes Given: 6233

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse", how many times have we heard that? I probably would have agreed with it about 30 years and 2000 new laws ago but not today.

The fact is its about the best excuse based on facts most of us can really come up with and its not because we are dumb, its because we have better things to do than study the law day in and out like a Legal Clerk.

For every law we are aware of, there are 100 we dont have a clue about including Lobster protocols and our right to self defense. RepubliCrats write and sign laws daily with the express intentions of being recognized for an accomplishment not necessarily fixing any particular injustice. They all want to be remembered like the original scriptors of our Constitution, with reverence and respect. Once a law hits the books, its there for all coming generations even if it doesnt fit or do spit for anyone. Buggy whip laws 100 years outdated are still being used to prosecute rocket-ship crimes!

Its time to stop the madness, our elected leaders need to stop with the creationism style of lawmaking. The Constitution needs very few supporting or defining sub documents to be effective. Take their pens, Dictaphones and scribes away and tell them to work with what they have! Before any new law hits the books, they should be required to remove 4 old ones first! In 2 or 3 generations, ignorance of the law will again be no excuse instead of being a perfect one like it is today.