Legal responsibilities with no carry signs? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Legal responsibilities with no carry signs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1009 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 221

State laws are important! Different states treat the issue differently.

BUT, why would want to continue doing business with a company that has no interest in your constitutionally protected RIGHT?

Old 06-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #22

Maybe I wasn't clear. I prefer to do business where its ok for good guys to be armed if the state says they are allowed go do so.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
State laws are important! Different states treat the issue differently.

BUT, why would want to continue doing business with a company that has no interest in your constitutionally protected RIGHT?
Because at least in Florida you either comply or you don't buy new guns or shoot the ones you have. There are two exceptions in my area. One is Wal Mart, and they don't sell handguns. The other is Gander Mountain. I won't comment on them except to say that they are not an option for me.

To the best of my knowledge all dedicated gun stores, ammo stores, and gun ranges in my area prohibit the carrying of concealed or loaded weapons into the store. There is usually a red on white sign posted at eye level right next to the entry door stating these rules.

That's right. The businesses that help facilitate your ability to exercise your Second Amendment rights forbid you to exercise those rights if you are on their property. Do I still patronize these stores? You betcha. My rights don't trump theirs. If I want what they are selling I will take advantage of their services, and I will comply with their rules while doing so.

To be fair, I have been told verbally by a couple gun store employees that the signs don't really apply to concealed weapons permit holders as long as the loaded carry gun stays in the holster at all times. Until they note that on the sign like Gander Mountain does, the law sees it as prior warning without exception.