Lawyer Arrested for Open Carry. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Lawyer Arrested for Open Carry.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

Prime, agreed! Completely.

Steve, sorry if I came on a bit strong, but I've been fighting this battle for so damn many years that's kind of become a "hot button" issue, and sometimes I do fly off the handle a bit too easily.

I completely support the RIGHT to open carry, I just question the political wisdom of it in most places.

I think that perhaps I've never seen it very much in Wyoming because we have so little crime here. A burglary makes headlines in the local paper every day for a week.

I do see lotsa .30-30s in the back windows of pickups, though!

Winston Churchill

Last edited by locutus; 08-16-2012 at 11:14 PM.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2178 Times on 1187 Posts
Likes Given: 3323

Quote:
I simply said it was STUPID! And I stand by that!
IMO: Open carrying in a movie theater in CT is world class dumb. Hes in the same category as the guy in TN who carried the Draco in a park. Just maybe the bar association should find another leader; that puppy has a screw loose.

Last edited by alsaqr; 08-17-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #43

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Open carrying in a movie theater in CT is world class dumb
But there, it's still legal...he did not deserve to be arrested and stripped of his firearm. I hope he sues their asses into bankruptcy.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:57 AM   #44

Liked 216 Times on 162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop
I had a little exchange with the Mayor of that city. In my opinion, every elected official who speaks like this needs voted out of office, and we (the people) should let them know about it every second of every day
First off let me say I am American and very much pro 2A. I agree that if OC is legal then you should be able to OC anywhere and the same for CC.

I also agree that the owners of the business has rights too. And here is where I drew the fire from (heavy fire) by making that statement. I believe if the business owner allows OC or CC. Then the Mayer, or LEO has no right to challenge that. But i also believe if the owner has posted no firearms that you should leave you firearm outside or you have the choice not to enter. I really can even live with someone trying to CC on the sly. But if it's noticed and the business owner request you leave then I think you should. It's when someone thinks their rights out ways someone else's is where we get in trouble.

Here in Ky we can carry OC and with a permit CC. I wish this was possible in every state and I think it should be. I think there are way to many gun laws out there. And the BG doesn't give a damn about the laws of any kind, I wish people could get that through their head. More laws are only punishing the law abiding citizens.

All that said I too question the wisdom of OC at this time in a movie theater playing Batman. Could not blame anyone for CC though. How I wish in CO. That.some one had stopped that lunatic after the first shot with a well placed shot right between his eyes
I too think it is important what the voters think of us as a group. And that's all I have ever said is I want us to appear to the world as responsible, intelligent, law abiding citizens that just want the rights that the 2A says belong to us.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #45

Quote:
All that said I too question the wisdom of OC at this time in a movie theater playing Batman
I don't question the wisdom of it..i'm talking about the legality. It's legal to do and he was arrested. That's a violation of rights...our greatest test as a nation is when we tolerate the rights of another person whom we disagree with the most.

Black Panthers talking about bombing nurseries and kill "everything white"
Black Panthers talking about marching into "crackers homes" and "skill those white mother ****ers alive, and hang them with some rope by a tree"

KKK doing the same
Westboro Baptist w/ their hate speech

The list goes on and on. They all have the right to do that. BUT - if they act on it, and actually try skinning a white person, THEN it becomes a crime.

Their speech isn't "Wise", it's racially divisive, and makes me sick to my stomach... but i'll fight against ANYONE who would say they should be legally prohibited from doing it...

THis man has a legal right and a RIGHT by the mere act of his birth, outlined in the Constitution, that allows him to carry that firearm.

He's not committing a crime, and treating him as a criminal before any crime ever takes place is no different than the San Francisco Mayor telling Chick-Fil-A "you're not welcome here because your religious beliefs are different from mine"

That is a direct and DISGUSTING violation of what makes this country the greatest country that ever graced the landscape on this planet.

If we're willing to trade ANY OF THAT for the HINT of "feeling safe" then we deserve NONE OF IT and we *WILL* Lose it all.

edit to add: I just realized you weren't' necessarily disagreeing with that...lol sorry, I read your response too fast....

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 08-17-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Zoey Likes This 
Old 08-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #46

Liked 216 Times on 162 Posts

It's cool man and thanks for the edit,

Old 08-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #47

Liked 1132 Times on 820 Posts
Likes Given: 582

I will oc in small places like the ol eatin joint or something , where I am around folks who have common sense , I will NOT oc into the mall or other large places due to the idiots out there . I use to be rambunctious and wanted to challenge the law , push the envelope and stay in the grey area as much as possible . These days , Life is so much easier if you just keep low key . I try to keep as low of profile as possible . I for one do not have a carry permit , for one I dont want my prints on or in a gov system , I want the gov to know as little about me as possible . BUT not have permission to conceal is not going to stop me from doing it , it takes all of .5 seconds to make a gun visible .
I also fish and hunt w/o a license , dont believe in it
I drive by the local PD EVERY morning , granted I know all of them as they buy tires from us and we are on rotation , my harley has bogus tags that went out in 08 , no inspection and no endorsment , yet I will still drive by them and wave but I do pull in on the clutch , that baby is LOUD .
Point is , be low key and be respectful and your chances of being hassled will dwindle to near zero .
I averaged 6-7 tickets a year when I had all my hot rods and loud toys , now in a tan bone stock 03 tahoe i can run 90 in a 55 , wave at the leo and have a nice day

Im not going to OC in a large public place , its not worth the hassle I know will come with it and its not worth the fight im sure will ensue

Never under estimate the sheer phucking stupidity and lack of common sense from a large group of people who are afraid to think logically

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-17-2012, 02:12 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Never under estimate the sheer phucking stupidity and lack of common sense from a large group of people who are afraid to think logically

Old 08-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #49

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

open carry is because we can........period. if the sheeple don't know what the law is, then they need to educate themselves on the law. more people open carrying would quickly educate those that don't know the law. would it create a "vote against" law, maybe, but unlikely due to the 2A. as long as the open carry weapon(s) weren't being brandished, or used to frighten/intimidate, or harm anyone, then the law is with the open carriers.

i think it was assanine that the guy was carrying without a holster, it was dumbass-ness on his part........BUT he had the proper permit to carry.

here in louisiana, we are allowed to OC without a permit, or CC with a CCW, but next door in mississippi, ANY PART OF THE WEAPON THAT IS OBSTRUCTED FROM VIEW, makes the weapon concealed......so you are required to have a permit to OC there. if in a hip holster, on your belt, it is partially concealed, need permit. (orangello should be able to shed some light on that law)

i can see the argument from both sides, the OC issue relinquishes all "element of surprise," but lets others know that you are armed and implies that no trouble will be tolerated in your presence. on the other hand, CC gives the "element of surprise" and the upper hand in an ALREADY TENSE SITUATION.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Last edited by USEBOTHHANDS; 08-17-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #50

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
IMO: Open carrying in a movie theater in CT is world class dumb. Hes in the same category as the guy in TN who carried the Draco in a park. Just maybe the bar association should find another leader; that puppy has a screw loose.
Loose screw or not, it he sues and wins...we all win.