Lawyer Arrested for Open Carry. - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Lawyer Arrested for Open Carry.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 03:50 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6920 Times on 3841 Posts
Likes Given: 6661

Steve,

Stop telling outright lies!

I have never never called for a ban on open carry. I never said it should be illegal. It has never been illegal in Wyoming, but I've never seen anyone do it..

I simply said it was STUPID! And I stand by that!

Don't try to put words in my mouth. And don't ever call me a liberal.

If you're not smart enough to carry on an intelligent discussion, then get out of the thread instead of lying about other people.

And if you don't feel like a "real man" without showing off your gun for the world to see, maybe you need counseling.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:58 AM   #32

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

It's legal where I live and I OC all the time. Many people OC in many places. No one is ACTING MACHO and no one pays any attition to my 1911.

Then again who are you going to look at a guy OCing a 1911 or some chick in Chartruce pants Day glo pink shirt and PURPLE hair (Well the mohawk was purple).... I have had exactly 3 people say anything about my OCing. 1 cop that said "I wish I could carry my 1911 on duty.", and the other two saying the liked my grips.

If it's legal DO IT. Stop being a ***** and walking on egg shells around the scared sheepole out there. Here we are again you are either for the 2nd Amendment or you are against it? Locutus sounds to me like you are against it.

Answer me this.... If Ocing is so bad for me why is it OK for cops to do it? Oh yeah because they got a community college degree and go to the range once a year.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:10 AM   #33

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

locutus , I'm Australian , been through gun grabs , warrentless searches and been fighting back ever since .

the attitude of appeasement , or dont open carry when we've only just got concealed carry , is false , and the losing strategy

if its lawfull to open carry do so IF YOU WISH , free men do have that option if i remember , again im Aussy , its been a while ..

i like thigh carry myself and when in the US again and where lawfull, thats how i'll do it and exercise my temporary right as a guest of your nation

and if you wish to SHHHHH dont attract attention me

i'll respond , thats ok sonny run along , the anti's aint really nothing to be scared of, i'm just enjoying the freedom all men should enjoy ..

cause anything less is giving in to them

cheers

May The Good Lord guide you all and be with you in these coming months

please remember rights are like muscles

when used they get strong

when not they wither and atrophy and become useless

Last edited by jack404; 08-16-2012 at 04:13 AM.
People Like This 
Old 08-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #34

Liked 51 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
I simply said it was STUPID! And I stand by that!
Have you ever heard of the 21 foot rule? It basically says with an edged-weapon wielder at anything less than 21 feet an officer had better have his gun out and ready to shoot before the offender starts rushing him or else he risks being set upon and injured or killed before he can draw his sidearm and effectively defeat the attack.

Now take a similar situation and bury the handgun inside your cloths so it is concealed and difficult to access. I have never been in a situation where I had to draw or use my handgun, but if I ever do, I sure as hell don't want to fumbling through my cloths to get to it. I open carry because I feel better prepared. God forbid I should ever have to use it. If you want to bury your protection and limit your access to it, go for it. That's your right as it is MY right to carry the way I see fit.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #35

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

I had a little exchange with the Mayor of that city. In my opinion, every elected official who speaks like this needs voted out of office, and we (the people) should let them know about it every second of every day

steve4102 Likes This 
Old 08-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #36

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop
I had a little exchange with the Mayor of that city. In my opinion, every elected official who speaks like this needs voted out of office, and we (the people) should let them know about it every second of every day
Keyword, he sees no reason. A lot of people aren't going to see this type of idiot, because there has to be a lot of idiots to vote him in! Anyway, you did a great job by showing him!
Old 08-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6920 Times on 3841 Posts
Likes Given: 6661

I worked two newspaper routes at age 13 to raise the $100 to buy life membership in the NRA. That was a fortune in 1957. (a coke or a cup of coffee was a nickel. Hamburgers were $.15 A new Cadillac was under $5,000)

I've been pro-gun all my life. I carried one openly every day for 20+ years as a LEO. I taught CCW classes at the department for 15 years to help people get their CCW. (On my own time, no extra pay or benefits) Yeah, that sounds real ant-gun doesn't It???? I'm a past board member of two different gun clubs. I instructed junior rifle clubs for 10 years to help get more kids into the shooting hobby.

Be careful calling someone anti-gun when that person was fighting the anti-gunners before your father was born.

I carry concealed every day. (The key word here is concealed)
And yes, I know the 21 foot rule. I taught it!

I can also draw from my shoulder holster (even at 68 years old) as fast as most folks can from a cowboy (belt) holster.

But I would never dream of carrying openly in town. There's no point to it, and a lot of VOTERS get upset by it.

So go ahead and open carry all you want And if you feel disdain for the sheeple as I do, ignore them.

But come election day, when the sheeple out vote us and elect anti-gun politicians that pass anti-gun laws, because we pissed the sheeple off and frightened them into electing these arse-wholes, don't blame me.

And if you don't care what the sheeple think, that's fine. I don't care either.

But if want to keep your 2A rights, you'd damn well better care how they vote.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #38

Thanks for the History lesson, that explains a lot.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #39

Quote:
Illegal absolutely not unless the theater was posted. If he carried open? Best logical choice? NOT!
I have no proof,but IMO carrying Open was his only logical choice. IMO he carried for the whole world to see, not to be a "macho wannabe" but to attract attention and the LEO. He wanted exactly what he got and that was his day in court. He will fight this left wing Mayor and his banned of Keystone cops and he will win. He will put the "wannabe" LEO's on notice that they can no longer harass law abiding citizens just because they feel something is not right or "stupid". It's about time someone took on these so called Officers of the Law and put them in their place.

Last edited by steve4102; 08-16-2012 at 10:50 PM.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #40

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve4102 View Post
I have no proof,but IMO carrying Open was his only logical choice. IMO he carried for the whole world to see, not to be a "macho wannabe" but to attract attention and the LEO. He wanted exactly what he got and that was his day in court. He will fight this left wing Mayor and his banned of Keystone cops and he will win. He will put the "wannabe" LEO's on notice that they can no longer harass law abiding citizens just because they feel something is not right or "stupid". It's about time someone took on these so called Officers of the Law and put them in their place.
it simply cannot be said any better than that.

Locutus, I completely respect your reason for not open carrying, I completely understand it, and don't begrudge you one single bit.

I haven't read too much of this part of the conversation, but I'm assuming you're not saying this guy was guilty or deserved what he got. As far as the law SHOULD BE concerned, this guy did nothing wrong...walking in there with his firearm should be no different than walking in there with a wallet.

What this mayor just did is no different than the Mayors & Governors who responded to Chick-Fil-A

Our opinions on gay Marriage is irrelevant...when a Government official tells a business owner "You are not welcome here because your religious belief differs from mine" that is a direct violation of the FIRST AMENDMENT.

These people are out of line and need a ****ing reality check. Big time. We do that, first, by voting them out.

Closed Thread