Lawyer Arrested for Open Carry. - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Lawyer Arrested for Open Carry.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kycol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,402
Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Default

If you go back to my first post on this thread you will see directly after that prime jumped me thinking I had posted negatively about his right to open carry. But then he read it again and realized I had supported his right to carry. And he was man enough to edit his post with an apology. We are all supporting our 2a rights. I just questioned that so soon after the incident in CO. If it was really the best decision he could have made.

__________________
kycol is offline  
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #92
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,372
Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Some people here really endorse OC and have their reasoning why, i prefer to CC and i have my reasoning why. We still have the same love for firearms and the 2A, we are all exercising our right to carry, 2 different methods but EXACT same principles. We are all on the same team

__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
 
Old 08-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,121
Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I'm a lot older and I understand perfectly. Some people are just too damn scared to stand up for their rights. Even with your age and back ground you haven't learned a damn thing. Age doesn't mean you learned anything.
yeah, I'm really scared!

Tell me about how you "stand up" the first time they dig a bullet out of you that you caught searching a warehouse with two armed perps in it. Or the first time you have to try to break upa 4 or 5 man barroon brawl alone.

If you're as old as you imply, you're living proof that age doesn't necssarily mean smart.

I'd love to see how well you would "stand up for your rights" if a cop was putting handcuffs on you!
__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
 
Old 08-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #94
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

C'mon guys, we can disagree and debate without diving into personal attacks and platitudes. None of us here are liberals, we're not gun grabbers, this isn't a discussion about gun control

It's a discussion about the right place at the right time.

I'll say this: The lawyer had huge balls to do what he did, he's basically "taking one for the team", and I commend him for that, he held a mirror up to societies face and said "look at yourself you idiots"

and he's going to win big time for it --- I hope.

Ideally we one day live in a world where a gun on your hip or straddled across your back isn't cause for immediate concern..but as long as we have a massive amount of uneducated, idiot, scared at a mouse fart public, that day will never come.

The only way to change that is to educate and introduce, instead of force, cram, and say "**** you"

That's just my 2 cents.

__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois
PrimePorkchop is offline  
locutus Likes This 
Old 08-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #95
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SherB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Can anyone tell me was the lawyer legally allowed to have his gun IN the theatre? In MI if there are under a certain amount of ppl in the theatre you CANNOT have a gun (open or with a cpl) in the theater...

__________________
SherB is offline  
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #96
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherB View Post
Can anyone tell me was the lawyer legally allowed to have his gun IN the theatre? In MI if there are under a certain amount of ppl in the theatre you CANNOT have a gun (open or with a cpl) in the theater...
I'm not sure, all I know is what I read, and **apparently** this guy knew what he was doing and did it to prove a point.

I don't know that for sure, it's a very good topic to bring up
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois
PrimePorkchop is offline  
 
Old 08-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #97
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 2,804
Liked 2394 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 2302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
This is what the liberals/anti gun sheep want, they want gun owners and 2A supporters to fight amongst ourselves and rip each others throats out, it helps their agenda. If you want to OC in your state and its legal to do so,then OC. If you would rather CC and stay under everyones radar, then do it.

End of story
That's all I'm saying. But it's really sad that every time a citizen wants to OC he gets jumped on not only by the left but also from people who claim to be pro 2A. Some of these guys sound just like the anti gun libs. If you don't carry the way I think you should carry then you shouldn't do it............blah blah blah.
It's the same bullsh!t they spew about sporting arms, assault weapons and hi cap mags. Liberals always want us to compromise. Well you cannot and should not compromise your rights. If you don't understand that then there truly is no hope for this country.
__________________
rjd3282 is offline  
steve4102 Likes This 
Old 08-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #98
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 238
Liked 51 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
That's all I'm saying. But it's really sad that every time a citizen wants to OC he gets jumped on not only by the left but also from people who claim to be pro 2A. Some of these guys sound just like the anti gun libs. If you don't carry the way I think you should carry then you shouldn't do it............blah blah blah.
It's the same bullsh!t they spew about sporting arms, assault weapons and hi cap mags. Liberals always want us to compromise. Well you cannot and should not compromise your rights. If you don't understand that then there truly is no hope for this country.
BINGO! Sad, but true !
__________________
steve4102 is offline  
 
Old 08-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
USEBOTHHANDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ferriday,LA
Posts: 1,332
Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I'm talking to all the people who think we shouldn't open carry because we might scare or piss off a liberal. You wouldn't stand for people treading on any of your other rights so why do we tolerate it for 2A.

thank you, cuz i was lost as a goose in a s!-!it storm for a minute.
__________________

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

USEBOTHHANDS is offline  
 
Old 08-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #100
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
USEBOTHHANDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ferriday,LA
Posts: 1,332
Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
C'mon guys, we can disagree and debate without diving into personal attacks and platitudes. None of us here are liberals, we're not gun grabbers, this isn't a discussion about gun control

It's a discussion about the right place at the right time.

I'll say this: The lawyer had huge balls to do what he did, he's basically "taking one for the team", and I commend him for that, he held a mirror up to societies face and said "look at yourself you idiots"

and he's going to win big time for it --- I hope.

Ideally we one day live in a world where a gun on your hip or straddled across your back isn't cause for immediate concern..but as long as we have a massive amount of uneducated, idiot, scared at a mouse fart public, that day will never come.

The only way to change that is to educate and introduce, instead of force, cram, and say "**** you"

That's just my 2 cents.

i understand where rjd is comin from tho. although his rant is misplaced here in this particular thread, he is MOST upset about the situation of circumstances surrounding the incident..........and the feedback of the forum ladies and gentlemen "seemingly" choosin to "hide in the shadows" when it comes to OC and "frightening the flock" just because attention is not wanted. BUT SHOULD IT BE???

i am by no means defendin OC or CC, but the liberals use this method everyday to scare the sheeple................ain't it about time the 2A men and women try it too!!!

THERE IS A TIME FOR PASSIVE HOSTILITY, AND THEN, THERE IS A TIME FOR RAW, IN YOUR FACE AGGRESSION!!! MAYBE WE SHOULD LEARN FROM THE MASTERS OF THE SCARE TACTICS...........AND USE IT AGAINST THEM!!!
__________________

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me


Last edited by USEBOTHHANDS; 08-18-2012 at 09:52 PM.
USEBOTHHANDS is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Colorado Man Arrested for Open Carry steve4102 Legal and Activism 10 07-31-2012 11:18 PM
michagan teen arrested for legal open carry downsouth Legal and Activism 270 06-22-2012 12:11 PM
Why Open Carry? Boris Politics, Religion and Controversy 20 03-18-2010 01:38 PM
Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry Debate Tony Soprano The Club House 31 08-06-2009 04:23 AM