Laws of Jan 1, 2014 - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Laws of Jan 1, 2014

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 04:36 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 659 Times on 391 Posts
Likes Given: 408

Axxe, Texas is a normal state, hell you can shoot somebady trespassing in that state and ask questions later.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
People Like This 
Old 01-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #32
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1803 View Post
Axxe, Texas is a normal state, hell you can shoot somebady trespassing in that state and ask questions later.
Texas is also a shall issue state. meaning if you meet the requirements, they have to issue you a CC permit. no if, ands, or buts!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:26 AM   #33

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Let me make my point clear. The law states you must have a permit to purchase from your local sheriff. You state if you have a CCW you are then allowed to purchase without a Purchase Permit. Just in case you don't understand? Your state is "Registering" gun owners. I would not try to excuse this if I were living in NC. This is an end run around the 2nd Amendment, if you don't know.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Let me make my point clear. The law states you must have a permit to purchase from your local sheriff. You state if you have a CCW you are then allowed to purchase without a Purchase Permit. Just in case you don't understand? Your state is "Registering" gun owners. I would not try to excuse this if I were living in NC. This is an end run around the 2nd Amendment, if you don't know.
By your logic then, every state that requires a CCW permit has registration. While I don't agree with requiring a permit to exercise a right, at least in NC it certainly isn't registration. Neither is the purchase permit (which I also don't like). When getting the approved paperwork, either the carry or purchase permit, the state at no point ever actually knows if I followed through with purchasing. For all they know, I might've changed my mind after getting the required paperwork. There is never a record that I actually purchased a gun, let alone WHICH gun I purchased.

So, no... Its not registration.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 02:44 AM   #35

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Very true states that require a CCW are registering gun owners. Does this mean anything ? I don't know. But why are the citizens not trusted by the people who elect them? When the Bill Of Rights were written there were no concealed carry laws proposed? Today most Americans are convinced the state is doing them a favor to allow them to buy their freedoms back.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:53 AM   #36
At least my puppy loves me.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1845 Times on 1022 Posts
Likes Given: 5499

just read through some of the restrictive law for ct.

WA state, even tho' held by dem's, has not yet moved to bring any legislation to a vote.

I am retired, I care, I will sit in everyday if necessary if this is actually discussed for vote. We cannot let this happen any longer.

Resist!

People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 01:29 PM   #37

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

CC permits are registration of the firearms owner, plain and simple. If the police pull you over for a traffic stop in the process of running your plates they WILL know you are a CC permit holder. No if's ands or butts.

In a day and age where the NSA is spying on everyone including themselves (reminds me of the good 'ol USSR), who is naïve enough to believe that FFL transfer info simply 'disappears' when the transaction is completed? Not me, for one. Not for a second. Do you think they can't spy on Gander Mountain or Walmart credit card receipts and know who is buying 1000 rounds of .223? I think they can.....and do.

Does Big Brother know how many firearms I own, and what kind? Not completely. But they know I own multiple firearms because for all my newer guns I had to play by their rules.

big-brother-watching-you4.jpg  

Old 01-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2024 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 990

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
You have to endure the Brady Waiting period. In NC due to our purchase permit system we don't have to wait. We get 5 purchase permits the next business day. Purchase permits are good as long as the sheriff that issued the purchase permit is in office.
Where do you get your 'permit' to vote, go to church, and get a trial by jury??? Sheepeople, don't you just love them!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #39

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

I think anyone who thinks that any form of documentation isn't a form of registration whether you complete the form, test, follow thru or not - they are blowing smoke up their own tube. If the document/information isn't deleted or destroyed it is still information that can be used to locate someone suspicious of owning/having a gun.

It doesn't matter whether it is at a LGS, Sheriffs Office or Police station I believe someone can find a way to make it accessible and use it to locate those with guns.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!