Later, H8R! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Later, H8R!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 01:59 AM   #21
MGH
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
I think that if a person, whatever thier color, wants to succeed, then there is full opportunity for all. Work hard in school, stay away from getting a criminal record, have a professional work ethic, and everyone has a chance to do well. Because people CHOOSE to not do the things mentioned, and go nowhere with thier lives they have to blame someone else, " it aint MY fault I can't get no job, it's HIS fault I can't hardly read or write and had to sell drugs/do drugs and piss my life away".
I fully agree with that so I wanted to expand the thought a little-

I recently read a short story written by a young black girl from a bad part of Boston. She was a book worm and did very well in school. It appeared she did exactly what you're talking about, however she was quiet the loner because she didn't conform to the black community around her. her neighbors were mad at her for reading "the white mans' books" But she stuck it out, went to school at Yale and now is a successful author.

My point being simply a lot of minorities have to choose between success or their family and friends. But, this should never be used as an excuse, if their neighborhood used common sense they would support anyone trying to succeed and make a good life for themselves.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:30 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Personal responsibility is not always easy. In my work in the 'hood, I've seen a lot of animosity directed towards those seeking to better themselves.

Rather than hang out and be a life long loser like the rest, they not only have to work hard to succeed, they must also deal with animosity from their own community.

However, some do break out and succeed. Unfortunately, it's often easier to just give up. Ambition and determination fall by the wayside and bitterness and anger set in.

Many never even attempt to better themselves, preferring to remain a "victim" blaming others for their self imposed misery. Ask them to take responsibility for themselves and you will be told of their "rights" to a free ride. They prefer the victim role and relish their ignorance and anger.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-21-2010, 02:45 AM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Personal responsibility is not always easy. In my work in the 'hood, I've seen a lot of animosity directed towards those seeking to better themselves.

Rather than hang out and be a life long loser like the rest, they not only have to work hard to succeed, they must also deal with animosity from their own community.

However, some do break out and succeed. Unfortunately, it's often easier to just give up. Ambition and determination fall by the wayside and bitterness and anger set in.

Many never even attempt to better themselves, preferring to remain a "victim" blaming others for their self imposed misery. Ask them to take responsibility for themselves and you will be told of their "rights" to a free ride. They prefer the victim role and relish their ignorance and anger.
I understand your points and I agree. No one ever told me life is easy, thats why it's called WORK!! We must work to make things good/better for ourselves and our families.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #24

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Seems that there's a hell of a lot more to this story, like the fact that neither Breitbart or the NAACP really have any use for this video in its complete and unedited form. The farmer in her story, and his family, are now friends of Sherrod. In the unabridged video, she goes on to say that she had an epiphany during the process of helping out the farmer, and now understands that need knows no color. In short, Breitbart was trying to, and succeeded in, embarrassing the NAACP. Sherrod deserves her job back, and the people we elected to work for us owe us an explanation of the circumstances resulting in her "resignation".
See what gun-jumping gets you?

Old 07-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Don't look now but, she not only got her job offered back but with a promotion.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:55 PM   #26

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Red Herring?

Newest Threads