Lapd... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Lapd...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6333 Times on 3541 Posts
Likes Given: 5917

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
LAPD is corrupt. No doubt. The OJ trial brought that to light. What does the media do about police corruption? They hire Mark Ferman to be a paid correspondent.

Panting evidence has gone on for years on the lapd watch. Now the thugs running the show wants to spend one million dollars to shut this guy up.

BULLSH!T

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz

Old 02-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #32

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
There's no question that there is corruption in LAPD, but I think I would need some solid evidence to believe that it's even 1/10 as bad as some of the cop-haters here are trying to make it out.

I listened to an interview with a clinical psychologist earler today. His professional opinion is that Dorner is an extreme, violent narcissist. He was kicked off of his H.S. football for fighting, kicked out of H.S for fighting, had severe problems in the vmilitary and at work.

IOW, he DOES NOT have legitimate grievance, or a "statement" to make. He's just a piece of SH!T. And I find it personally insulting that some here are trying make excuses for this "thing." It's not even a man. It's a back shooting coward.
I dont have a good defense of this guy...but if what he is saying is true, I can sympathise. NOT to say his actions are any more just because of that, but I could sympathise.

Its entirely possible he is simply bat shi* crazy, but isnt that the way the media will portray him even if he isnt?

The way the LAPD has reacted DOES remind me of a gang retaliation though

What it boils down to is that no matter how wronged he was, he murdered 3 people, and RoL dictates he must answer for it in a court before a jury of his peers.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 02-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #33

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
There's no question that there is corruption in LAPD, but I think I would need some solid evidence to believe that it's even 1/10 as bad as some of the cop-haters here are trying to make it out.

I listened to an interview with a clinical psychologist earler today. His professional opinion is that Dorner is an extreme, violent narcissist. He was kicked off of his H.S. football for fighting, kicked out of H.S for fighting, had severe problems in the vmilitary and at work.

IOW, he DOES NOT have legitimate grievance, or a "statement" to make. He's just a piece of SH!T. And I find it personally insulting that some here are trying make excuses for this "thing." It's not even a man. It's a back shooting coward.
Loc...

I don't see any cop haters here? I don't see anyone painting Dorner as a the good guy or supporting any of his killings.

I do see a lot of people calling out the incompetence of the LAPD which is more than deserved but pointing this out and openly questioning the ethics of the LAPD, in no way endorses Dorner.

Yes, the guys a dangerous nut and I'd encourage him to turn himself in and stand trial and I certainly don't want to see him kill anyone else...

...but portraying the LAPD as alter boys makes no more sence than cheering for Dorner. They are thugs with absolutely nothing on the gangbangers they supposedly police.

Someone here summed it up well by comparing both sides to the Bloods and Crips... Who gives a shizit about who wronged who...

I just hope the next time LAPD's finest decide to "get their gun off" it's up in the mountains where than can at least Eff up by shooting the wrong tree... instead of the wrong truck.

Tack

Tack
Old 02-12-2013, 02:14 AM   #34

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Thats why they dont want us to have guns. When the "authorities" just start capping random citizens in a paranoid panic they are afraid we will stop obeying them.

I think its funny how these police chiefs and political elite always say that the honest law abiding citizens are the ones who will just start panicing and shooting people...
Well, to be fair, the police are just people like us. Except that they have less formal education and lower-than-average IQ and EQ. Oh yeah, and a little "God Complex." And then there's missing man-size targets from six feet (6') 50% of the time! But it explains why they're shooting up trucks...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 02-12-2013 at 02:17 AM.
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 02-12-2013, 02:25 AM   #35

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
LAPD is corrupt. No doubt. The OJ trial brought that to light. What does the media do about police corruption? They hire Mark Ferman to be a paid correspondent.

Panting evidence has gone on for years on the lapd watch. Now the thugs running the show wants to spend one million dollars to shut this guy up.
OMG, OJ was innocent and Ferman planted evidence? And there's a conspiracy to liquidate the psycho who is targeting the people we give the responsibility to put their lives on the line and defend our civil society from evil!?

Alot of people really seem to be looking at this from a surprising perspective.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #36

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus
Never realized there were so many cop haters on the forum.
I don't hate the good ones, which seem to be few and far between, but I detest the bad ones.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 AM   #37

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
Prudent move...
Wow. I wonder if Dorner might use this same idea...
Old 02-12-2013, 03:47 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6333 Times on 3541 Posts
Likes Given: 5917

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesmar View Post
I don't hate the good ones, which seem to be few and far between, but I detest the bad ones.

Thank you for making my point.

With the funerals of two damn good officers, friends and colleagues of mine still fresh in my memory even after nearly 20 years, this sh!t is really pissing my off.

I could count on one hand the number of crooked cops I met in over 20 years active service.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz

Old 02-12-2013, 04:13 AM   #39

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:

Thank you for making my point.

With the funerals of two damn good officers, friends and colleagues of mine still fresh in my memory even after nearly 20 years, this sh!t is really pissing my off.

I could count on one hand the number of crooked cops I met in over 20 years active service.
Loc...

I'm sorry to hear that, but as all of us who've been paid to carry a gun know... It sometimes comes with the territory. Doesn't make burying colleuges any easier, but it is what it is.

I would be interested in knowing, if you know, what became of the dirty cops you could "count on one hand?"

Tack

Old 02-12-2013, 04:49 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 282 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 838

Locutus, have you ever lived in southern Calif? It's nothing to do with "cop haters" The LAPD and the LA County sheriff's dept have had serious problems for many years. Morale, ethics, ---- There was the Watts riots in 1965 then the second riots after Rodney King. A lot happens there that is covered by local media but never gets national attention. After I moved out of southern Calif in 1973, I have had no complaint with any police officer or dept in the rest of the state.

Closed Thread