Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Lapd...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
They are in a total panic. Seems to be shoot first and ask questions later. Some lawyer will be able to retire on this case.
More like, shoot first, shoot again, shoot a little more... Then MAYBE look and see if it's even the same type of vehicle...
Old 02-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5078 Times on 2889 Posts
Likes Given: 4243

Never realized there were so many cop haters on the forum.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2137 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 1089

Heard on the news today as they interviewed a psychologist concerning Dorner. He is familiar and also assisting with the case. Here is what the interview revealed.
The bottom line when you find out about Dorner's past. He should not even been considered to be a Police Officer in the first place! He has had mental explosive anger issues ever since he was a youth and also in school. To the point of being kicked out of school and also off the football team for anger issues. Why in the H--- hire people with mental issues to be law enforcement. They have not advised but I would not be surprised if it had something to do with his termination from LAPD. Sure sounds like his issues have carried over to the present date! 40 people on his Hit List! Only now his anger issues has escalated, he is killing people! Sounds familiar with the attacks on our Second Amendment Rights doesn't it!
"Mental Illness! And the real problem is hardly ever mentioned as the number one cause!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 02-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #14
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 905 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Obviously there will be no attempt to capture Dorner.
Other than what is in the manifesto will most likely never see the light of day.

Blanket the corruption.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #15

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Never realized there were so many cop haters on the forum.
Loc...

I don't hate cops... In fact I shoot with, pull RSO duty with, and play cards with several cops.

What I hate is incompetence behind the trigger and I've zero patience for corruption... Both of these traits have been strongly on display by the LAPD for decades.

Cop hater, hell NO... Extreme distrust regarding the competence and honor of the LAPD... Absolutely.

Tack
Old 02-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #16
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 905 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Why in the H--- hire people with mental issues to be law enforcement. 03
Seems to be a few more on that roster.

For the record, what he has done by taking life is abhorrent. No justification, same goes for the shoot first then identify LAPD.

His sanity is in question, no doubt, but his writings and his thought out mission have him with alot more game than the fuzz.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2137 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 1089

locutus,

In response to your remark there is a psychology lesson here!

First of all they have never been there or walked in in the shoes.
Secondly, they have never been shot at or hit and most have never been in a life or death situation where a life or death decision must be made in milliseconds. Then attorneys and citizens have all the time in the world normally to make decisions, back yard quarterback and review occurrences. Keep in mind I am not knocking them just stating facts. And I hope they never have to. Or if not ever served in Law Enforcement or the Military been exposed to death and violence to that extreme.
Thirdly, there is no doubt on my part as in the case with Dorner. That some should have never been police officers and some today should not be police officers. In my book they have disgraced the profession and the badges of the good officers. Who are honest trustworthy and worth their salt.
Fourthly, there are more good officers than bad. Of course like the story of good children and bad children we never hear about the 95% of good kids only the 5% of the little dirt balls. Well the same is true with police officers! We only hear of the bad ones and the ones who are corrupt or screw ups.
It is the same in the war zones our troops are in. It is not good news about the good that is happening. Or the children who have gotten close to our troops, shook hands, hugs, exchange of candy and other things. Or the personal thanks the troops or officers have received on a regular basis. We only hear of the negative things anymore. Bottom line it would be a good thing if we could ever get that mental state changed and have some positive and progressive input back in the lives of Americans. Instead of trash. It is the same with our guns. Lets attack our Second Amendment Rights by only telling the bad incidents that occur with guns. Not the stories about the robbery foiled by a CCW citizens act. Or the additional shooting that was stopped that would have taken place during the Clackamas, Oregon Mall Incident. Where a CCW citizen took action in the Mall and the Dirt Ball ran under a stair well and smoked himself. Or the home invasions, robberies and rapes that have been stopped by an armed citizen! But that doesn't make good news for the liberal press instead let's tear "America Down" with negativity in the name of journalism. This reflects the lack of understanding, negativity and respect concerning the answer to your response. The good is the same with the good officers we never hear about it!
Doesn't make for good press!

God Bless America

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 02-11-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #18

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Sniper, in regards to Dorner's history, he even pretty much admits in his "manifesto" that he's has violence, anger, and authority issues pretty much his entire life. no big surprise there...

Old 02-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #19

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

I completely agree with ^^THIS^^ post.

My comments regarding the LAPD are well documented concerns that they continue to prove on a near daily basis, HOWEVER, that should not be construed as an indightment of ALL officers or departments.

I've had the privilege of getting to know several Vancouver PD Officers and Clark County Sherrif's deputies and they are good men doing a tough job... And I appreciate their efforts.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
locutus,

In response to your remark there is a psychology lesson here!

First of all they have never been there or walked in in the shoes.
Secondly, they have never been shot at or hit and most have never been in a life or death situation where a life or death decision must be made in milliseconds. Then attorneys and citizens have all the time in the world normally to make decisions, back yard quarterback and review occurrences. Keep in mind I am not knocking them just stating facts. And I hope they never have to. Or if not ever served in Law Enforcement or the Military been exposed to death and violence to that extreme.
Thirdly, there is no doubt on my part as in the case with Dorner. That some should have never been police officers and some today should not be police officers. In my book they have disgraced the profession and the badges of the good officers. Who are honest trustworthy and worth their salt.
Fourthly, there are more good officers than bad. Of course like the story of good children and bad children we never hear about the 95% of good kids only the 5% of the little dirt balls. Well the same is true with police officers! We only hear of the bad ones and the ones who are corrupt or screw ups.
It is the same in the war zones our troops are in. It is not good news about the good that is happening. Or the children who have gotten close to our troops, shook hands, hugs, exchange of candy and other things. Or the personal thanks the troops or officers have received on a regular basis. We only hear of the negative things anymore. Bottom line it would be a good thing if we could ever get that mental state changed and have some positive and progressive input back in the lives of Americans. Instead of trash. It is the same with our guns. Lets attack our Second Amendment Rights by only telling the bad incidents that occur with guns. Not the stories about the robbery foiled by a CCW citizens act. Or the additional shooting that was stopped that would have taken place during the Clackamas, Oregon Mall Incident. Where a CCW citizen took action in the Mall and the Dirt Ball ran under a stair well and smoked himself. Or the home invasions, robberies and rapes that have been stopped by an armed citizen! But that doesn't make good news for the liberal press instead let's tear "America Down" with negativity in the name of journalism. This reflects the lack of understanding, negativity and respect concerning the answer to your response. The good is the same with the good officers we never hear about it!
Doesn't make for good press!

God Bless America

Old 02-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #20

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

So much irony in this story, I dont know if I should cry or laugh! Maybe laugh so hard I cry? (Not at the deaths, but the scenario in general)

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

dog2000tj Likes This 
Closed Thread