Knockout Game Punk Charged With Hate Crime - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Knockout Game Punk Charged With Hate Crime

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #61
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3314 Times on 2249 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba
This is not totally true. If it were you wouldn't hear about those who are attached and are CC and able to defend themselves. The reality is the frequency may be reduced as the perps hear about some CCing and think twice about committing a crime. However, when I watch the evening NEWS it appears to me most perps don't ever watch NEWS. If they did they would be more aware of the cameras in convenient stores and gas station stop-in type places. They seem to have no clue there are cameras looking right at them - many without masks, favorite shirts, etc.
True. I was once "jumped" by several of My Ex-students(convicts is more what they were) Walking from The School at 3:15 to the Subway. Boy were they Sorry! They got to see the "cane-Fu" up close....Walked back to school, and a Det. from across the street at the 9th Pct. come over...the next day the 3 of them got arrested & suspended for their trouble. Did they think I was gonna change their grades from failing to passing because they hit me a few times??

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 12-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2194 Times on 1194 Posts
Likes Given: 3342

NY City councilwoman Laurie Cumbo has discovered the cause of those of those knockout attacks: It's the Jews. Yep, that's right, this idiot says the Jews are the problem because they have dared to prosper and accumulate stuff.

Quote:
Cumbo released a letter explaining how none of this could be the black criminals’ fault and it all has to be the Jews fault because, she says, Jews in her area has been prospering and growing of late.

“Many African American/Caribbean residents expressed a genuine concern that as the Jewish community continues to grow, they would be pushed out by their Jewish landlords or by Jewish families looking to purchase home,” this racist wrote on her Facebook page.

http://www.publiusforum.com/category/govenrment/
Old 12-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #63

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr
NY City councilwoman Laurie Cumbo has discovered the cause of those of those knockout attacks: It's the Jews. Yep, that's right, this idiot says the Jews are the problem because they have dared to prosper and accumulate stuff. http://www.publiusforum.com/category/govenrment/
Yup how dare they have a successful community and do something positive with their lives. Dont you know living on govt benefits, growing up in broken homes and acting like a savage is the American dream!?

Old 12-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #64
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7384 Times on 4439 Posts
Likes Given: 9139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
OK, here's a different twist on this topic. You are carrying a gun, but are distracted by something. You become the target of a successful knockout game attack. You are knocked out. You regain consciousness. You get to your feet and move away from the attackers. They have already attacked you and are busy laughing about it, calling you names, clearly boasting that they are the ones who did it. Would the victim be justified in believing that he was still in danger? Would he be justified in using lethal force to defend himself from his attackers after the attack?
If that were the situation, I would not shoot. You can't shoot someone to 'get even'.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2412 Times on 1330 Posts
Likes Given: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba
Just my observation - I'm not taking a side but I do support the 2A. This statement tells me that cops are less effective - perhaps due to being dressed as cops - no element of surprise. Armed individuals assuming CC are not so obvious so the perps don't know what to expect and apparently don't assume anyone is armed. You see this same effect while driving. When a cop is visible people drive differently. They are more courteous, they signal, they drive the speed limit or less and the list goes on. This may contribute to the extra patrols not being as effective as one may wish.
In our area, we show a direct correlation between lower crime rates in a sector and extra patrols. We have groups of guys who volunteer to work extra patrols. They focus on a sector that needs them for a couple of months at a time. The crime rate goes down. When they move on to another sector, it slowly begins to come back up.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 12-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #66
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2055 Times on 1250 Posts
Likes Given: 2240

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
If that were the situation, I would not shoot. You can't shoot someone to 'get even'.
I think you're probably right. It would depend to some extent on the nature of their conversation about you after you recover. If they're still talking about doing something, then the threat could still be real. But just shooting because you got knocked out when you could leave the area would probably be prosecuted.

Here's a variation on that situation. You are a bystander and see someone else get attacked. The law, at least here in Oklahoma, allows you to use deadly force in defense of yourself OR ANOTHER. So, in theory, the law would be on your side. But the courts might not see it that way.

Does it matter whether you know the person who was attacked?

Does it matter whether you have heard the group planning to attack someone? "Look, here comes some clueless fool... Bet you can't knock them out with one punch!.... Oh yeah? Watch this..."

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 12-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #67
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7384 Times on 4439 Posts
Likes Given: 9139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
I think you're probably right. It would depend to some extent on the nature of their conversation about you after you recover. If they're still talking about doing something, then the threat could still be real. But just shooting because you got knocked out when you could leave the area would probably be prosecuted.

Here's a variation on that situation. You are a bystander and see someone else get attacked. The law, at least here in Oklahoma, allows you to use deadly force in defense of yourself OR ANOTHER. So, in theory, the law would be on your side. But the courts might not see it that way.

Does it matter whether you know the person who was attacked?

Does it matter whether you have heard the group planning to attack someone? "Look, here comes some clueless fool... Bet you can't knock them out with one punch!.... Oh yeah? Watch this..."
Personally, I would not shoot in any of those cases. I would only shoot if I was in fear for my life or someone I loved. Just imagining the court hassles, legal fees, possibly being held in jail until court, etc. would make me shoot only in serious and extreme situations. I would have to feel MY life was in danger, not someone else possibly being knocked out.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #68

Liked 26 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I am a 2nd generation American born Jew. My grandparents all came over prior to WWI.
It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize that this is very likely a hate crime in this particular incident. A group of black teens pick out an obviously religious Orthodox Jew. They don't dress like you or I do. They have beards and long uncut sideburns, wear all black, from hats to shoes, with the exception of a white shirt.
As far as I'm concerned, all the victims who are white are singled out just for the fact that they are white. So by definition they are all hate crimes since they involve someone other than the race of the individuals who are carrying out these despicable crimes.
As always these are my opinions, YMMV.

NRA
GT (Member of Bull Dawgs Club/Big Dawgs Club)
GSSF
USCCA
DC
PAFOA
DEF. HANDGUNS
AMERICAN GUN OWNERS
CONCEALED CARRY
*Concealed means...Concealed!

People Like This 
Old 12-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #69

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

I don't like the idea of a "hate crime". It should not be illegal to hate something or someone. When governments start to regulate thought or require only "nice" thoughts, we are in trouble.

This is racism. Call it what it is.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 12-09-2013 at 02:24 AM. Reason: grammar
People Like This 
Old 12-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #70

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
I'm not challenging you but what do you read that indicates this occurred because he was an Orthodox Jew and not because he was white. If the media didn't mention it, what would you conclude? Did I miss something.
I think they probably attacked him because he was white. My point I was trying to make is IMO they were only charged with a hate crime because he was a Jew. I fully believe that had the victim been a normal "evil" white person(non Jew), no hate crime charge would've been brought.