This is kinda scary...even for New Jersey
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > This is kinda scary...even for New Jersey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Default This is kinda scary...even for New Jersey

New Jersey Politicians Want A List of NRA Members and their Employers!

In a blatant attempt by entrenched New Jersey politicians to strong arm citizens who oppose their re-election, Assemblywoman Linda Greenstein (D-14) and her co-sponsors have introduced legislation which would require certain contributors to “issue advocacy organizations”, including the NRA, to have their names, addresses and their employers information sent to the government.

A2595, if passed, will mandate that any “issue advocacy organization” classified under IRS Code as a 501(C) (3), 501 (C) (4) or 527 that engages in the election or defeat of any person to State or local elective office; the passage or defeat of any public question; or that provides political information on any candidate, must submit the names and addresses of contributors and their employers to the Election Law Enforcement Commission.

Not only is Assemblywoman Greenstein (D-14) the prime sponsor of A2595, but she is also the Chair of the committee that will hear the bill. The Assembly Judiciary Committee will hear the bill on Monday, June 14th at 10:00 am.

A2595 is a shameless attempt to intimidate citizens who engage in the legislative and political process.

Please contact your Assemblymembers today and urge him or her to oppose A2595!

Assembly Judiciary Committee:
Linda R. Greenstein (D-14)- Chair
(609) 395-9911

Annette Quijano (D-20)- Vice Chair
(908) 624-0880

Ralph R. Caputo (D-28)
(973) 450-0484

Michael Patrick Carroll (R-25)
(973) 539-8113

Caroline Casagrande (R-12)
(732) 866-1695

Louis D. Greenwald (D-6)
(856) 435-1247

Reed Gusciora (D-15)
(609) 292-0500

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

So, they want names and addresses of NRA members (example) that take part in a vote for a state office?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I actually read the entire bill(spew), but yeah that's the jist of it. I sent e-mails to all the butt-holes involved requesting them not to endorse as I feel it it a matter of my PRIVATE CHOICE as to what organizations I choose to belong to and requiring by law would be an invasion of my privacy. And why the hell they would want employers name and address, I don't know.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

While you're at it, you should send an open letter to her and the press - if they'd print it - asking her for all her known associates and demand to know who she has sent money to and what organizations she belongs to. "Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party" type of questions. Turn it back on the filth.

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #5
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1834 Times on 1057 Posts
Likes Given: 3769

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
I actually read the entire bill(spew), but yeah that's the jist of it. I sent e-mails to all the butt-holes involved requesting them not to endorse as I feel it it a matter of my PRIVATE CHOICE as to what organizations I choose to belong to and requiring by law would be an invasion of my privacy. And why the hell they would want employers name and address, I don't know.
It is almost the same thing, just different wording what the House of Representatives are playing on H.R. 5175. I posted information in the political section. This does not go after just the NRA; but, all organizations.

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 06-12-2010 at 11:28 PM.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:18 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2072 Times on 1121 Posts
Likes Given: 3111

This is pretty putrid even for the political criminals in the NJ legislature.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:55 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
While you're at it, you should send an open letter to her and the press - if they'd print it - asking her for all her known associates and demand to know who she has sent money to and what organizations she belongs to. "Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party" type of questions. Turn it back on the filth.
I like this!

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 06-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

They're a bunch of leftwing pukes. Vote 'em out in November if you can.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-13-2010, 01:30 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8720 Times on 3773 Posts
Likes Given: 1341

How about SHE provides the names of, and the employers of. all persons that have made a political contribution to HER campaigns ???

And just how the heck is the NRA supposed to know who MY employer is??

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 06-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #10

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
So, they want names and addresses of NRA members (example) that take part in a vote for a state office?
They want the names, addresses and employer information of "certain contributors" (their words) that support efforts to oppose or support candidates or causes that are apparently not to the liking of the Dem controlled legislature. I say f*&^ off, I'll register to any PAC or organization using a fictitious name and a yahoo email for an address.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington