Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   This is kinda scary...even for New Jersey (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/kinda-scary-even-new-jersey-28235/)

Jpyle 06-12-2010 08:25 PM

This is kinda scary...even for New Jersey

New Jersey Politicians Want A List of NRA Members and their Employers!

In a blatant attempt by entrenched New Jersey politicians to strong arm citizens who oppose their re-election, Assemblywoman Linda Greenstein (D-14) and her co-sponsors have introduced legislation which would require certain contributors to “issue advocacy organizations”, including the NRA, to have their names, addresses and their employers information sent to the government.

A2595, if passed, will mandate that any “issue advocacy organization” classified under IRS Code as a 501(C) (3), 501 (C) (4) or 527 that engages in the election or defeat of any person to State or local elective office; the passage or defeat of any public question; or that provides political information on any candidate, must submit the names and addresses of contributors and their employers to the Election Law Enforcement Commission.

Not only is Assemblywoman Greenstein (D-14) the prime sponsor of A2595, but she is also the Chair of the committee that will hear the bill. The Assembly Judiciary Committee will hear the bill on Monday, June 14th at 10:00 am.

A2595 is a shameless attempt to intimidate citizens who engage in the legislative and political process.

Please contact your Assemblymembers today and urge him or her to oppose A2595!

Assembly Judiciary Committee:
Linda R. Greenstein (D-14)- Chair
(609) 395-9911

Annette Quijano (D-20)- Vice Chair
(908) 624-0880

Ralph R. Caputo (D-28)
(973) 450-0484

Michael Patrick Carroll (R-25)
(973) 539-8113

Caroline Casagrande (R-12)
(732) 866-1695

Louis D. Greenwald (D-6)
(856) 435-1247

Reed Gusciora (D-15)
(609) 292-0500

DrumJunkie 06-12-2010 10:33 PM

So, they want names and addresses of NRA members (example) that take part in a vote for a state office?

pandamonium 06-12-2010 10:46 PM

I actually read the entire bill(spew), but yeah that's the jist of it. I sent e-mails to all the butt-holes involved requesting them not to endorse as I feel it it a matter of my PRIVATE CHOICE as to what organizations I choose to belong to and requiring by law would be an invasion of my privacy. And why the hell they would want employers name and address, I don't know.

ScottG 06-12-2010 11:19 PM

While you're at it, you should send an open letter to her and the press - if they'd print it - asking her for all her known associates and demand to know who she has sent money to and what organizations she belongs to. "Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party" type of questions. Turn it back on the filth.

Bigcountry02 06-12-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandamonium (Post 298857)
I actually read the entire bill(spew), but yeah that's the jist of it. I sent e-mails to all the butt-holes involved requesting them not to endorse as I feel it it a matter of my PRIVATE CHOICE as to what organizations I choose to belong to and requiring by law would be an invasion of my privacy. And why the hell they would want employers name and address, I don't know.

It is almost the same thing, just different wording what the House of Representatives are playing on H.R. 5175. I posted information in the political section. This does not go after just the NRA; but, all organizations.

alsaqr 06-13-2010 12:18 AM

This is pretty putrid even for the political criminals in the NJ legislature.

Gatekeeper 06-13-2010 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottG (Post 298874)
While you're at it, you should send an open letter to her and the press - if they'd print it - asking her for all her known associates and demand to know who she has sent money to and what organizations she belongs to. "Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party" type of questions. Turn it back on the filth.

I like this!:cool:

CA357 06-13-2010 01:02 AM

They're a bunch of leftwing pukes. Vote 'em out in November if you can.

c3shooter 06-13-2010 01:30 AM

How about SHE provides the names of, and the employers of. all persons that have made a political contribution to HER campaigns ???

And just how the heck is the NRA supposed to know who MY employer is?? :confused:

Jpyle 06-13-2010 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumJunkie (Post 298849)
So, they want names and addresses of NRA members (example) that take part in a vote for a state office?

They want the names, addresses and employer information of "certain contributors" (their words) that support efforts to oppose or support candidates or causes that are apparently not to the liking of the Dem controlled legislature. I say f*&^ off, I'll register to any PAC or organization using a fictitious name and a yahoo email for an address.