Keep Brandon Webb off the NRA Board of Directors - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Keep Brandon Webb off the NRA Board of Directors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Will remember this name when it comes time to vote.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2178 Times on 1187 Posts
Likes Given: 3323

Quote:
So why doesn't the Executive send out recommendations on who should be on the Board
They do that. Five year annual members, life members, endownment members, etc. all get a ballot package with their magazine. The leadership recommends certain candidates for the NRA board: i seldom follow those recommendations. There is a short biography of each candidate. Play particular attention to what the individual has done for our Second Amendment rights.

This is just like voting for political hacks, you have to be savvy enough to vet the candidates and find out what they stand for. Do not vote for an NRA board member just because he is/was a cop or military member; in most case these guys have done little or nothing for our gun rights. i absolutely refuse to vote for a guy who is a high ranking cop and i'm prejudiced against high ranking military members.

Usually one is allowed to vote for about 25 members. i almost never vote for over 15 or 18.

Do not expect the NRA leadership to do all the work for you. Do not blame the NRA leadership because members like yourself voted an anti-gunner onto the board and then re-elected him. i was tipped that Texas Ranger Jackson was an anti before he was elected to the NRA board. i can guarantee you that the NRA leadership is not happy with Joaquin Jackson.

Some NRA board members do not take an active role in the organization, some do.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:23 AM   #23

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
i was tipped that Texas Ranger Jackson was an anti before he was elected to the NRA board. i can guarantee you that the NRA leadership is not happy with Joaquin Jackson.
I am a Lifetime Member but do not remember getting any such "tips" nor any recommendations from the executive. How would somebody like me, for instance, know that some candidates should not be elected? Nobody "tips" me.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:57 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2178 Times on 1187 Posts
Likes Given: 3323

Quote:
am a Lifetime Member but do not remember getting any such "tips" nor any recommendations from the executive.
My information came from a friend who was an NRA Endownment member from Texas.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
I am a Lifetime Member but do not remember getting any such "tips" nor any recommendations from the executive. How would somebody like me, for instance, know that some candidates should not be elected? Nobody "tips" me.
Most of these folks, especially public figures like a Ranger can be googled.

Or you can google the State Shooting Association in their home state and ask by e-mail if their association supports the candidate, and why or why not..

Winston Churchill
alsaqr Likes This