Keep Brandon Webb off the NRA Board of Directors - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Keep Brandon Webb off the NRA Board of Directors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #11
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62
It's time for NRA members to demand the resignation of this idiot. Compromise on gun control is nothing but surrender. You've got an NRA board member here who wants rifles limited to a 5-round capacity. WTF???? And a former Navy SEAL who wants to be a board member who thinks gun control will stop mass shootings. Is this where my membership dues and contributions have gone? I'm p*ssed right now.
This is why I was. A "lapsed" member for many years until "Re-Joining" in early 2013. This is the kind of crap that pushes people away from the NRA......

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 12-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #12
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6876 Times on 3453 Posts
Likes Given: 7454

I heard the NRA pres speak for about 5 minutes at the yearly gathering in Texas, I shut it down minutes into it, he was talking about acceptable fondling of our freedoms, thats not what I signed up for! How do I support these folks when they dont get it!

Sadly, even with the voices of the NRA growing in numbers, when they sit at the table with Republicrats, compromise is the only solution they have to offer. Lets face it, the Feds and States arent listening, they are demanding we bow to them. You can compromise on dinner, wallpaper or velour seats but there really is no compromise when it comes to our Rights. They are a one topic group and dont demand the rest of the BORs be represented in their vision, they will sell their souls for a short term victory while were losing the war in states across the nation.

Anything that restricts, fetters our removes unalienable rights is a non starter!

Old 12-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2251 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 3513

Hey, folks:

The NRA leadership did not re-elect Joaquin Jackson to the NRA board of directors twice after he went on his anti-gun rant. NRA members re-elected the idiot. i caught an awful lot of flak from NRA members for daring to mention that Jackson went on his anti-gun rant. They talked about what a wonderful Texas ranger the guy was. It takes about 70,000 votes to get elected/re-elected to the NRA board.

i've belonged to the NRA for over 50 years and i can't find a roster of the board of directors because the NRA leadership took the roster of board members off their website. The NRA leadership is not proud of the fact that there are some sorry members on their board of directors.

Last edited by alsaqr; 12-09-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 501 Times on 335 Posts

Maybe I'll just keep my $$ in the State of NC where it can be watched more closely, and spent more wisely. Maybe we need 50 strong little NRAs working together when possible. HHHMMMM, sounds familiar.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #15

Liked 29 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Thank for posting this BigCountry! I will get my vote out against these two! There should be no compromise on the second amendment, period!

Old 12-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #16
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

I think we need to have the leadership reminded of what happened when the Jews In the Warsaw Getto "Compromised" with the Nazis....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 12-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #17

Liked 1426 Times on 721 Posts
Likes Given: 1040

There are enough gun restrictions. Enough. Five-round mag limits are a huge step in the direction of a total gun ban.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6546 Times on 3650 Posts
Likes Given: 6192

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Joaquin Jackson has been re-elected to the NRA board of directors since he went on his anti "assault rifle" rant. He gets re-elected because he is a former TX ranger, don't you know. i don't give a damn if Webb was a SEAL, he will not get my vote.
And that's why the members elect the board.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

Old 12-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #19

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
It's time for NRA members to demand the resignation of this idiot. Compromise on gun control is nothing but surrender. You've got an NRA board member here who wants rifles limited to a 5-round capacity. WTF???? And a former Navy SEAL who wants to be a board member who thinks gun control will stop mass shootings.

Is this where my membership dues and contributions have gone? I'm p*ssed right now.
WHAaaaat?

I need to do some research.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #20

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Hey, folks:

The NRA leadership did not re-elect Joaquin Jackson to the NRA board of directors twice after he went on his anti-gun rant. NRA members re-elected the idiot. i caught an awful lot of flak from NRA members for daring to mention that Jackson went on his anti-gun rant. They talked about what a wonderful Texas ranger the guy was. It takes about 70,000 votes to get elected/re-elected to the NRA board.

i've belonged to the NRA for over 50 years and i can't find a roster of the board of directors because the NRA leadership took the roster of board members off their website. The NRA leadership is not proud of the fact that there are some sorry members on their board of directors.
So why doesn't the Executive send out recommendations on who should be on the Board, complete with proxies...or have I not been reading my NRA mail?

Isn't that how it's done? Maybe foreign members don't get to vote?

I am unhappy, unhappy, unhappy. We have people up here, too, who think the right to arms really means the right to go hunting. We call them liberals....sometimes, worse.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.