Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Kaine wants lawmakers to change Va.ís gun laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default Kaine wants lawmakers to change Va.ís gun laws

http://www.examiner.com/a-743269~Kaine_wants_lawmakers_to_change_Va__s_gun_l aws.html

Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine said Tuesday he is hopeful the General Assembly will overcome its affection for firearms and adopt changes to the commonwealth’s gun and ammunition laws in response to the April 16 murders at Virginia Tech.

In general, Kaine said, he is troubled that Virginia law allows any individual to stockpile ammunition with no way for authorities to monitor the cache. Seung-Hui Cho, the Virginia Tech gunman, began his rampage with 377 rounds of ammunition, according to police.

I guess a stock pile of 377 rounds will make me a law breaker sense I have sometimes 2000 rounds to burn at the range for the weekend

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2007, 09:08 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
In general, Kaine said, he is troubled that Virginia law allows any individual to stockpile ammunition with no way for authorities to monitor the cache.
I reckon Governor Kaine would fill his pants if he ever saw my "stockpile". Hell, I carry a few hundred rounds just in my gun bag every time I go to the range.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:21 PM   #3

Blaming an ammunition stockpile for the VT murders is ludicrious. This is a typical knee-jerk reaction to a firearms incident that recieves such national attention. I wonder how anyone can "monitor" any person's cahce. I have freinds with collections...er...mini-armories that put some LE entities to shame, both in quantity and quality, with ammunition to match. Throw into the mix those individuals who reload, and how can one think that this can be accurately monitored and/or controlled?

I imagine this idea will go south, and fast. There are two many variables to control. Not to mention the simple and honest fact that a criminal with ten rounds or a thousand rounds still poses the same threat, only to a different magnitude.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #4

Default opinion

does that mean that Virginias gov is stupid and the people that voted him in
are ???

Old 06-05-2007, 04:57 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCATT View Post
does that mean that Virginias gov is stupid and the people that voted him in
are ???

HMMMM?? I don't live in Virginia and am not knowledgeable on this governor to say he is stupid and the people being stupid for voting him in. I might agree with him 99% of the time, but disagree on him on this issue. He might be counselled by faulty council or just doing what most politicians are good at; saying what people want to hear in the aftermath of a tragedy. They may be just as misinformed as he is about gun control. You can "credit" the news media with that!!

The majority of our country elected Bill Clinton TWICE and he was extremely liberal, but not stupid!! And the people were not stupid either, they just were voting their wallet instead of their common sense. There have many people who voted for a person in one election and when he ran for reelection, they "unelected" him after his failures! That has happened several times over the years. Do you remember a fellow named Carter, who used to be President? Or the first Bush, as well. People are not stupid, but they can be "fickle"! Especially, when it comes to the wallet!!