Just what can you do to help insure our rights are secure?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Just what can you do to help insure our rights are secure?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default Just what can you do to help insure our rights are secure?

Notice that in the title I said rights, not just gun rights. The attack on the Second Amendment is foremost on our minds because it is the thing we all like, our guns and shooting. Just remember it is not just gun rights that are under attack but also every right that the Bill of Rights protects. Along with many that are mostly unspoken and people don’t really think about.

Just what are some of the things we can do to help keep our GOD given rights?

1. Spread the word, sense many people really have a lack of knowledge of just what there rights are, you should learn them you’re self and make them known to as many as possible.
2. Post on boards that allow political comments, start a web page and post to it the stuff you wright and/or understand to be rights. Make sure that it is a right and not wishful thinking.
3. Start a Blog with the same intent as the web site.
4. Write as many congressmen, senators, and representatives as possible, showing support for pro-rights and no supports for anything that violate rights. It makes deference even if they are anti-gun/anti-rights; it lets them know where you stand. Do not offer threats except that you will not show them any support at the polls next time they come up for re-election. “Make it known”
5. Vote but vote for the right person, make each incumbent plainly state what they believe were the Second Amendment goes. Do not except, “well I support the Second Amendment, because even the brady bunch says that and we know they are against the private gun ownership.

Here is an example that David Codrea from War on Guns put together is being posted to all incumbents when he can, it is also supported by GOA.

1. Do you believe that the Constitution is the "supreme law of the land" and that the Bill of Rights acknowledges our birthrights?
2. If so, should these rights be proactively protected from infringement by all levels of government, including city, county and state?
3. Please give some examples of gun laws you consider constitutional.
4. Please give some examples of gun laws you consider unconstitutional.
5. Does the right to bear arms include the right for any peaceable citizen to carry them concealed without a permit, as in Vermont?
6. Do you believe that Americans have a right to own, use and carry weapons of military pattern, and will you use the prestige of elected office to publicly promote that right?
7. Do you support or oppose registration of weapons? Why?
8. Do you support or oppose licensing requirements to own or carry firearms?
Why?
9. What specific gun laws will you work to get repealed?
10. If elected, will you back your words of support for firearms rights up with consistent actions? How?

You can see examples of candidate’s responses with this one.
NY gubernatorial candidate Warren Redlich answers gun rights questionnaire
Make is clear that there will be no support for any candidate that is anti-gun/anti-rights, or that says I support the Second amendment, “BUT”

6. Attend rallies in support of gun rights, along with joining a local gun club/range.
7. Run for office especially against any one who is anti-gun/anti-rights.

There are other things that can be done, and I hope others will list them here because I only got one brain cell working right now and cannot think of much else.

opaww

Last edited by opaww; 04-03-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #2

Also call out any inaccurate statements about guns, many new outlets will state un-truths and flat out lies to get people to believe the evil guns needs to be banned. Make them pay by showing the truth, by keeping on hand the facts and posting displeasure with them out right lying to the public about it.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #3

Liked 1841 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

Hey OPAWW. There is a problem with your link. Opaww's Range is a dead link. But Opaww's Blog takes you to Opaww's Range. Just a heads up.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #4

It's done that before and lasts a few days...I think it is maintance they are doing

Old 04-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Great post opaww!! We need to stay vigilant!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #6

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Use them or lose them!

“It astonishes me to find… [that so many] of our countrymen… should be contented to live under a system which leaves to their governors the power of taking from them the trial by jury in civil cases, freedom of religion, freedom of the press, freedom of commerce, the habeas corpus laws, and of yoking them with a standing army. This is a degeneracy in the principles of liberty… which I [would not have expected for at least] four centuries.”
Thomas Jefferson, 1788

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Hey OPAWW. There is a problem with your link. Opaww's Range is a dead link. But Opaww's Blog takes you to Opaww's Range. Just a heads up.
The web page is back up...they had a hard drive go bad so it put the web site down for almost a week, I will be adding a hall of shame page to it tomarrow sense I will be gone most of the day today