Just watching the news... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Just watching the news...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #11
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,979
Liked 2334 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post
As near as I can tell, he can't pull off the 10 round limit without legislation. Most of what he can do through EO or Executive Actions sound reasonable but without funding the States he can't really implement a better background process or mental health checks.

In short, there really isn't much Obama can do but I sense he is trying hard to save face.

What kind of pisses me off is that I wish people had fought against Obamacare or many other deals as hard as they have pushed for their guns. We might not be in this mess if we had.
I think you are forgetting what took place in 2010.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,348
Liked 4525 Times on 2252 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

Default

Another forum I frequent, had an entire thread devoted to the healthcare bill. The general consensus was that now that the health care bill passed, they would go after the guns.

Some of the people on this other forum are "in the know", and have or are DC insiders.

Sandy Hook was just what they were waiting for. (I'm not saying it was staged or set up, I'm just saying, they had ideas and laws written up, that they were waiting for the best time to dust off and shove through).

__________________

Lawyers: Defending The Constitution and the citizen, since 1776.

Mosin is offline  
locutus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,196
Liked 6546 Times on 3650 Posts
Likes Given: 6192

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Another forum I frequent, had an entire thread devoted to the healthcare bill. The general consensus was that now that the health care bill passed, they would go after the guns.

Some of the people on this other forum are "in the know", and have or are DC insiders.

Sandy Hook was just what they were waiting for. (I'm not saying it was staged or set up, I'm just saying, they had ideas and laws written up, that they were waiting for the best time to dust off and shove through).

Never let a good crisis go to waste!

These folks are willing to dance in the blood of children to advance their agenda.
locutus is offline  
Mosin Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,348
Liked 4525 Times on 2252 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

Default

The same people who are part of an agenda touting population control, led by people who planned the murder of 25 million Americans...

NEVER DISARM

__________________

Lawyers: Defending The Constitution and the citizen, since 1776.

Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 848
Liked 517 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I think you are forgetting what took place in 2010.
Not a bit. Unfortunately, it looked like many decided that fight was won and sat on their hands in 2012.

My hope now is a repeat of 2010 in 2014. Otherwise it is going to be a miserable 4 years.
__________________

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

CrazedJava is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
Just imagine an executive order limiting free speech, the womans vote. The nullification of slavery. The...heck ANY of our constitution...
Sickening.
True, are they going to put a ten word limit on free speech? That would be interesting.
__________________
mickloy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St Petersburg,Fl
Posts: 6
Default Reason and logic are needed

What we need is for the pro gun groups, including the NRA, to approach these bills with a calm, reasonable and logical response. They should aim to educate the public. I read alot of articles on the internet and the responses. I also reply to provide some logic and education. Most people who do not own a firearm are led to believe that assault weapons are fully automatic machine guns and are the same as what is used in the military. Politicians use this misunderstanding and breed fear and further ignorance on this subject. The public does not understand that the items listed in the previous ban were all cosmetic and not functional.

But we also need to be open to suggestions. Requiring background checks for any sale of a firearm is reasonable. If a private citizen wants to sell a gun to another person, it is not a big deal to go to a FFL dealer and have them complete the paperwork. This would help to ensure people who should not have a firearm dont get them and it also provides business and supports our local gun dealers. This rule would not hurt gun shows as background checks can be completed quite easily at these events. As for high capacity magazines, I do not know of any sound, logical, reasonable response to a ban on them. Besides the fact that there are so many in peoples hands that a ban would not decrease their use. By giving some ground on this subject we can help minimize the impact of these rule. I have heard of politicians saying that they will make it a crime to be in posession of any high capacity magazine. I dont know how this would work as that would require people who own them legally to get rid of them.

I am a stout proponent of the Second Ammendment. I own multiple firearms, including an AR and other "assault style weapons". But I also know that there is no way to prevent some laws passing this year. We have to give some ground or face highly restrictive laws. Look to NY as an example.

__________________
Traumabrew is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 848
Liked 517 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traumabrew View Post
Requiring background checks for any sale of a firearm is reasonable.
No it's not. It's stupid. Only the law abiding will follow it. Criminals will ignore it.

It would also be unenforceable. It is a needless burden on the law abiding population. Also, private transactions should remain private. I should not have to check in with a government agency to sell my property.

Considering that about 1% or less of crimes were committed by a handgun that was sold by one individual to another, and there is no telling how many of those were actually straw purchases, it is essentially another pointless law.

We already have too many pointless laws in this country.

Sometimes it ain't about the 2nd Amendment. Sometimes it's about telling the government enough is enough.
__________________

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

CrazedJava is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RJMercer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 515
Liked 402 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traumabrew View Post
What we need is for the pro gun groups, including the NRA, to approach these bills with a calm, reasonable and logical response. They should aim to educate the public. I read alot of articles on the internet and the responses. I also reply to provide some logic and education. Most people who do not own a firearm are led to believe that assault weapons are fully automatic machine guns and are the same as what is used in the military. Politicians use this misunderstanding and breed fear and further ignorance on this subject. The public does not understand that the items listed in the previous ban were all cosmetic and not functional.

But we also need to be open to suggestions. Requiring background checks for any sale of a firearm is reasonable. If a private citizen wants to sell a gun to another person, it is not a big deal to go to a FFL dealer and have them complete the paperwork. This would help to ensure people who should not have a firearm dont get them and it also provides business and supports our local gun dealers. This rule would not hurt gun shows as background checks can be completed quite easily at these events. As for high capacity magazines, I do not know of any sound, logical, reasonable response to a ban on them. Besides the fact that there are so many in peoples hands that a ban would not decrease their use. By giving some ground on this subject we can help minimize the impact of these rule. I have heard of politicians saying that they will make it a crime to be in posession of any high capacity magazine. I dont know how this would work as that would require people who own them legally to get rid of them.

I am a stout proponent of the Second Ammendment. I own multiple firearms, including an AR and other "assault style weapons". But I also know that there is no way to prevent some laws passing this year. We have to give some ground or face highly restrictive laws. Look to NY as an example.
If you give a liberal in inch he will be your ruler
Giving in and negotiating hasn't won us any ground in the past and they know it as well as we do. All they are doing is moving the window further and further left as they have done before and will do again. Write your reps, join a major 2A lobby and DONATE!
__________________

Hey..... what's the red button do?

RJMercer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 14
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default The man who would be king.

Sorry i should have said dictator.Obama needs to be impeached for braking his oath of office!

__________________
yoteseeker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Another watching and sharing RemFire Legal and Activism 2 01-12-2013 04:18 AM
Gun Camera Review - Good News/Bad News Amsdorf Firearm Accessories & Gear 18 01-05-2013 03:23 PM
What are you watching? Cinderocka1989 The Club House 31 06-12-2011 12:21 PM
Who is watching TUF? cpttango30 The Club House 10 09-19-2010 07:17 PM
Who else is watching 24?? spittinfire The Club House 31 04-07-2010 10:59 AM