Just a thought about guns being mis-used - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Just a thought about guns being mis-used

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

What about the people that can not afford one of these safes? They are not allowed to exercise their second amemdment rights?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #22

Liked 414 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
What about the people that can not afford one of these safes? They are not allowed to exercise their second amemdment rights?
you do not have to buy a safe to buy a gun,you simply have to buy a state approved lock.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #23

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1 View Post
you do not have to buy a safe to buy a gun,you simply have to buy a state approved lock.
This is my favorite part about liberals:

When talking about firearms:

Liberal: You should have to buy a lock if you want to own a firearm:
Gun Owner: What if I can't afford a lock?
Liberal: If you can afford a gun, you can afford a lock

Compare that to a conversation about food stamps

Tax Payer: If you can afford drugs, alcohol, tattoos, or Michael Jordan tennis shoes, I shouldn't be paying for your food

Liberal: Leave them alone you heartless bastard, they have a right to happiness.
People Like This 
Old 01-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #24

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

How do you prove you have a safe? People have to come to your house? Show them a picture? A receipt?
If you are "caught" with a gun do you have to let LEO into see your storage?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 01-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #25

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
How do you prove you have a safe? People have to come to your house? Show them a picture? A receipt?
If you are "caught" with a gun do you have to let LEO into see your storage?
They didn't think the law through any further past the "it makes me feel good thinking about it" stage

Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #26
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

first you have to have a safe or some sort of state approved lock, but are not required to use it? sounds like a dumb California law. just reeks of being a stupid liberal type law!

second, i feel my means or lack of securing my firearms is my business and not the states to begin with. i keep my firearms secured an how i do it is not anyone's business.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

I guess I'm just tired of hearing about these shootings involving families that should have done a better job keeping their firearms away from unstable, irresponsible, or immature family members. Even that nut-job in that Portland shopping mall stole an AR from his "friend" and used it to kill 3 people. His friend should have done a better job securing his lethal equipment. Lucky there was a ccw citizen there to interupt his plans to kill more.

I guess i'm also just frustrated by irresponsibility

"The basis of our political systems is the right of the people to make and to alter their Constitutions of Government. But the Constitution which at any time exists, till changed by an explicit and authentic act of the whole people, is sacredly obligatory upon all."

George Washington

If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.
Romans 12:18

Old 01-24-2013, 02:45 AM   #28

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popgun
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest something that I'm pretty sure is going to spark some pointed contrary opinions, but here goes.

Out here in Kalifornia (the land of idiot lawmakers) they passed one law, I think, that makes some sense. In order to purchase a firearm here, you must first purchase and own a "California Certified" gun safe (which I did a few years ago). Most of the "heavy" gun safe manufacturers safes will qualify. They need to have combination or keypad locks (no pad locks), no exposed hinges, and basically, can't be pried open with crow-bars. The law doesn't say you need to have all your guns locked-up in this safe; only that you own one. Naturally, most of my firearms are kept locked-up in this kind of safe as are many of your's, but I AM allowed to have other, less secure "quick use" safes or not use the safe at all (as with a gun under your pillow). The point is that if more people used this system, fewer firearms would be stolen or mis-used by un-stable family members such as we have seen in Conn and New Mex. In most homes, they might get to one gun, but they wouldn't be able to access the rest of the armory for additional weapon selections or additional ammo.

I'm open to critique on this subject as I'm supprised this hasn't been discussed much in the news media or here.

Thanks for your feed-back
It's kind of like making a law that requires us to have health insurance. Oh wait that already happened. What's next we all have to wear certain clothes when we leave our homes

Old 01-24-2013, 02:49 AM   #29

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Lets talk tax credits for buying safes and I'll lend you my ear.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-24-2013, 02:52 AM   #30

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

How damn stupid? While you are busy buying a safe the Liberals are deciding what you will be allowed to put in it? This is not about protecting your right to own safes. This is about having the freedom to own and use firearms as a Free man?
They must then add the madatory safe laws to exiting gun laws. It seems with the guilt you have you need to reconsider owning firearms? That is if you really do?