Just got this email

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Just got this email

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Default Just got this email

I'm tired of liberal scumbags that are so scared of their own shadows that they think they have to disarm every single gun owner to feel safe. I think most NRA members have received this email. Please click the link to vote this wannabe do-good out. Here's the message:

The U.S. Senate may soon begin confirmation hearings on one of the most dangerous political appointees of Barack Obama's presidency -- and NRA-ILA needs YOUR HELP to defeat this nomination!

President Obama has tapped Andrew Traver, a committed ringleader in the gun-ban movement, to head up the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE).* Now, the U.S. Senate must decide whether to allow Traver to take over this crucial government post.

As a committed Second Amendment freedom fighter, you're well aware that this agency has an enormous and direct impact on you and other gun owners nationwide.* And if Andrew Traver is confirmed by the U.S. Senate, it will turn back the clock all the way to the Clinton days when the full force of BATFE's enormous powers were leveled against gun stores and gun owners on an almost daily basis.

That's why I'm asking you to visit www.StopTraver.org

Through this special website, you can send messages directly to your U.S. Senators and make your voice heard BEFORE the Senate considers this disastrous nomination.* This website also includes an important "Stop Traver" Fact Sheet with critical information you need to know about Andrew Traver.

Please understand, Traver is not just another run-of-the-mill anti-gun elitist, but a dedicated gun-ban zealot with the deepest possible ties to the national "gun control" movement.*

And now, President Barack Obama wants to put him in charge of BATFE where he can inflict almost unlimited and permanent damage to our rights.*

Please, visit www.StopTraver.org and help us win this crucial battle -- for yourself and for every American who cherishes our constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms.* Thanks in advance for your courageous help!

Sincerely,

Chris W. Cox
Executive Director
NRA Institute for Legislative Action

P.S.***** Anti-gun ringleaders across the country are doing everything in their power to make sure that Andrew Traver is confirmed by the U.S. Senate as the next Director of BATFE.* You need to make your voice heard!* Please, click here to visit www.StopTraver.org*and help defeat this disastrous Obama nomination today!

Last edited by Scratchammo; 03-09-2011 at 04:40 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-09-2011, 03:55 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Email sent to senator.

Didn't get anything from NRA or GOA about this. I'll have to chevy into that.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 03-09-2011, 04:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17 View Post
Email sent to senator.

Didn't get anything from NRA or GOA about this. I'll have to chevy into that.
Thanks for your support

Old 03-09-2011, 04:53 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I got the NRA email. However, it's pointless for me to contact my reps. Doris Matsui, Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-09-2011, 04:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I got the NRA email. However, it's pointless for me to contact my reps. Doris Matsui, Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein.
Wow that sucks

Old 03-09-2011, 04:56 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Yes it does indeed.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #7

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Send it anyway...let them know where you stand

Old 03-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #8

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

One reason that **** heads like boxer, feinstein get away with the anti-rights crap they pull is because they believe that all the people in there districts will follow what they are told to do. In their eyes no one will stand against them or voice opposition to anything they say, so if no one makes a stand against them then it enhances their beliefs of granger and importance.

Regardless if one thinks they will not listen or not make the attempt anyway and get as many as you can to send them letters, and E-mails, demanding they support what you want them to support. The more they get making a stand against their wants the more they will start to think they may be in trouble next election.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #9

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Ill get right on that. My concern is that even the pro 2a congress types aren't as loud about this kind of outrage as the pro union ones are on that issue. Our side needs to get loud and heard.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #10

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Already sent Peter (big mouth) DeFazio an email. I'm sure his staffers trashed it imediatiely!!

People get the government they deserve.