Is this just bs propaganda, with Obamacare? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Is this just bs propaganda, with Obamacare?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Most places require you to have a license. You would be denied.
In MS, no license to purchase or FOID-type card is required. I would expect a seller to want to see that i had a license issued from the state we were standing in to be sure i was a resident.

When i bought my cz52 pistol at the gunshow, i'm not certain the old guy even looked at mine. The guy i bought my SKS from did make sure i had a MS driver's license for residency.

Let's say i went on a pharmi hunt and spooked a shrink into labelling me "mentally deficient" and putting me on 60mg of Paxil and 4mg of Xanax per day; would my legally- and previously-acquired firearms suddenly be illegal for me to have?

I'm thinking this would only come up if i were to have a police run-in involving one of these firearms (shot an angry anal rapist attacking my home).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 07-13-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #12
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Are you required to have a license to carry?

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Are you required to have a license to carry?
I only carry in the car, which MS allows without a permit (car, house, your shop).

Quote:
2.It shall not be a violation of this section for any person over the age of eighteen(18) years to carry a firearm or deadly weapon concealed in whole or in part within the confines of his own home or his place of business, or any real property associated with his home or business or within any motor vehicle.
3.It shall not be a violation of this section for any person to carry a firearm or deadly weapon concealed in whole or in part if the possessor of the weapon is then engaged in a legitimate weapon-related sports activity or is going to or returning from such activity. For purposes of this subsection, “legitimate weapon-related sports activity” means hunting, fishing, target shooting or any other legal sports activity which normally involves the use of a firearm or other weapon
http://www.dps.state.ms.us/firearms/firearms-permit-unit/%c2%a7-97-37-1-deadly-weapons-carrying-while-concealed-use-or-attempt-to-use-penalties/

The Bible belt isn't all bad.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Oh I know the south beats the north all day long. I guess you would be fine as long as the bg tried to carjack you. Lol

Old 07-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Oh I know the south beats the north all day long. I guess you would be fine as long as the bg tried to carjack you. Lol
You can always move your car closer to the corpse. Gotta move it quick though; a corpse won't last long in this heat and humidity...or so i hear.

But seriously, does anybody know the circumstances under which a LEO would run a person through NCIS to check their status?

Old 07-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #16
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I would imagine any time they ask for identification.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I would imagine any time they ask for identification.
Of the last six or seven times a cop has asked for my ID, only once did they call it in to dispatch. I don't know that they ran me for anything other than open warrants that time (traffic ticket that got tossed out at court ).

Maybe Robo will give us an inside scoop.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #18

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Just another part of the Nazi GCA68; denying the tools of self defense because your a "mental defective".

Heres a fun fact:

The Nazi's didn't just start out their massive democide by rounding up all the Jews and gassing them,they started with typical run of the mill Eugenics,you know,the kind dear old Woodrow Wilson was fond of.

It was called Action T4.

Also,being labeled "mentally defective" was one of the ways the Soviet regime discredited critics,and being labeled such also usually resulted in your being sent to the gulags.

Now,here in America,we have a government that wants to deny a historically outcast and victimized portion of society the means to defend themselves.

And now,thanks to Obamacare,government will know who said "defectives" are,thus making their job of depriving these people of their rightful property that much easier.

My suggestion is that you make sure to sell all the weapons you've bought from FFL's back to FFL's,so that its all on record.

Then,if you choose to be disobedient to a "law" that desperately needs defying,you should do so.

Bad laws do not deserve obedience.

However,you disobey at your own risk.

A concept very familiar with the men who founded this nation.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 07-13-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
Just another part of the Nazi GCA68; denying the tools of self defense because your a "mental defective".

Heres a fun fact:

The Nazi's didn't just start out their massive democide by rounding up all the Jews and gassing them,they started with typical run of the mill Eugenics,you know,the kind dear old Woodrow Wilson was fond of.

It was called Action T4.

Also,being labeled "mentally defective" was one of the ways the Soviet regime discredited critics,and being labeled such also usually resulted in your being sent to the gulags.

Now,here in America,we have a government that wants to deny a historically outcast and victimized portion of society the means to defend themselves.

And now,thanks to Obamacare,government will know who said "defectives" are,thus making their job of depriving these people of their rightful property that much easier.

My suggestion is that you make sure to sell all the weapons you've bought from FFL's back to FFL's,so that its all on record.

Then,if you choose to be disobedient to a "law" that desperately needs defying,you should do so.

Bad laws do not deserve obedience.

However,you disobey at your own risk.

A concept very familiar with the men who founded this nation.
Who was it that said, it's our duty to disobey bad laws?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #20

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

The issue is more complex then just picking and choosing laws you don't like and disobeying them on principle.

You have to understand first,that the government has certain provisions for laws it can legitimately make,second,that it has definite limitations,and third,that there are those who intentionally obfuscate those limitations to give government more power then it is lawfully granted.

You also have to understand that even if you know a law to be illegitimate,government will still enforce it by means of use of force when it can't convince you to obey by trying to cajole you into believing its the right thing to do.

You have to be prepared for that.Not only by standard preparations,but you have to prepare your mind and soul for a contest of will.Our Founders did no less.

You have to have a grasp of original intent and history.

I always suggest starting out with the Kentucky and Virgina Resolutions.

Jefferson and Madison wrote the Kentucky And Virginia Resolutions,which asserted that when the federal government makes laws that are outside its duly appointed duties,those laws are "illegitimate,void,and of no force".

"Whenever the General Government assumes undelegated powers,its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force."
-Thomas Jefferson: Kentucky Resolutions, 1798.

One of the concepts of this nation was that it was to be a place where the government was limited by law to respect of the inalienable,natural rights of mankind.
Inalienable natural -or God given,if you like- rights are those rights which are what Judge Andrew Napolitano calls "immutable truths".
It is an "immutable truth" that all living things have an instinct for self preservation,and thus the right of self defense,deriving from said instinct,is something that is yours by virtue of your humanity,something that exists despite government,and is,in fact,the "inalienable right" sought to be protected from legislation and the purview of government itself by the Second amendment,which stipulated that the ownership and carriage of the tools mankind uses -arms- to defend himself,are off limits from government.

Natural inalienable human rights are off limits to government.
The only limits to our free excersize of those rights are not to be whatever law can be concocted,but the rights of others.
This means that you may own a gun,and so long as you aren't using it to violate the rights of others you should be left alone by government.If you do violate the rights of others with that gun,then your actions -not the mere ownership of property- need to be addressed by a rightful government.
But merely owning and even carrying a gun should not be subject to government regulation of any sort.

IMHO, no quote from our founders more eloquently describes this then this one:

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
Thomas Jefferson

Of course,there will be those that decry my logic as the willful intent of "arming dangerous people".To which I reply that the arming of dangerous people would not occur if dangerous people were kept locked up.
Murderers,rapists,armed robbers,etc- should not be given chance after chance to act with proper respect to other free people.
They need to be kept in custody.
And by accomplishing this,we would have no need of laws that they don't obey anyway,would we?

Also,I like to point out that the vast majority of people under the care of psychiatry are not dangerous,and have not proven themselves to be so.

Laws that are used to give government the power to deny wide swaths of people their inalienable rights might seem like a good thing,if the people targeted by those laws seem to be dangerous people.
However,these laws,once accepted,tend to multiply,until anyone who government wishes to see disarmed is covered by them.
They become political laws that are used to tyrannize opponents to a regime.

This is exactly what happened in Germany when Hitler and the Nazi party took over.

The majority of gun laws were already on the books....all Hitler had to do was tweak them and suddenly he had the ability to disarm those he wanted to murder en mass.

So Jefferson gives us another poignant warning about laws like this:

It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Paine,who wrote the book "Common Sense",which helped provoke the political climate that resulted in the Great Revolution,said something similar:

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 07-13-2012 at 10:40 PM.