Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Judge's ruling ends Seattle's gun ban (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/judges-ruling-ends-seattles-gun-ban-23360/)

WDB 02-13-2010 03:03 AM

Judge's ruling ends Seattle's gun ban

SEATTLE - A Judge has just ruled that the city of Seattle ban on guns on city property is illegal, effectively ending the ban.

You have to enjoy it when common sense wins....doesn't seem to happen often these days. Snohomish County WA has a similar law that was recently upheld but I expect that will change soon.

First on KING5.com: Judge's ruling ends Seattle's gun ban - Seattle- msnbc.com

CA357 02-13-2010 03:05 AM

Shades of sanity. Just a bit late unfortunately and just as unfortunately, subject to change. :rolleyes:

skullcrusher 02-13-2010 04:47 AM

It is a step in the right direction. Let's hope that this can become an example nation wide. :D

dunerunner 02-13-2010 05:37 AM

These decisions need to be made permanent!! The SCOTUS needs to nail this down once and for all!

yesicarry 02-13-2010 05:41 AM

Woo Hoo !! This is a start. Although it never stopped me from carrying. I just never let anyone know..
I just hope that this thinking spreads to other states as stated above..

WDB 02-13-2010 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesicarry (Post 229823)
Woo Hoo !! This is a start. Although it never stopped me from carrying. I just never let anyone know..

Yes,
Please abide by the laws, if you can't carry where you believe you should be able to then get active in changing the law. Getting hooked for illegal carry only hurts the cause and might end your CCW right. Not busting your nut just saying "responsible gun carry" is the way to turn the tide. Don't add stats to the anti gun fodder.

yesicarry 02-13-2010 09:34 AM

I totally respect that last comment ! I tip my hat.
But would have to say..

You do not live where I live. I do observe all laws and rules.

But protect my family at all times.

skullcrusher 02-14-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesicarry (Post 229823)

There are laws protecting 'legal' carry. There are ZERO laws protecting 'illegal' carry. Please do not give ammo to the Brady's. No "wink-wink-nudge-nudge" either. Keep your illegal activities to yourself as I know that the FTF does not support carrying illegally. If you can't handle that, I say take it elswhere.

WDB 02-15-2010 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesicarry (Post 229849)
I totally respect that last comment ! I tip my hat.
But would have to say..

You do not live where I live. I do observe all laws and rules.

But protect my family at all times.

If I lived where you live we would be room mates:)
All kidding aside, I use to live in South Center not much different than Lakewood. So I understand your expression. Being hooked for carry where you shouldn't is a big issue. You will lose you right to carry FOREVER, might have to give up your firearm and not be able to buy another leagly for ever. If they express no guns then don't do there.

Carry legal or just add to the stats the liberals are looking for.