Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Judge throws out "Murder" charge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1119 Times on 784 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Default Judge throws out "Murder" charge

http://bearingarms.com/awkward-moment-judge-throws-murder-case-youre-moron-prosecutor/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaig n=baupdate

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 554 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 2783

One for the good guy is how I feel about it!
If anyone breaks in or even attempt to break into my house I would be shooting at them also! And I am not shooting to just warn them I have a gun either!

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-21-2014, 03:23 PM   #3
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1119 Times on 784 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne1 View Post
One for the good guy is how I feel about it!

If anyone breaks in or even attempt to break into my house I would be shooting at them also! And I am not shooting to just warn them I have a gun either!

+1...... The way it should be

Old 06-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #4

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

This is a great example of how our court system is so flawed.
You, I, and most on this forum would see it as a no-brainer as to the decision in this case.
However, there is still the possibility of a judge or jury out there to see it in a different light.
If all judges based cases on solely the facts, using COMMON SENSE, without any bias or influences....that would be ideal but being human in a "political" position i know all too well that that is not going to hold true.
That's why I would be scared to death , even if %100 innocent, to leave my fate in the decision of a judge or jury.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2050 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 3083

Good on Tech Sgt. Pinkerton.

i remembered my secretary/translator mentioned this one. Pinkerton suspected his wife was having an affair. Green was at Pinkerton's home when he came home unexpectedly.

Quote:
Pinkerton, who is in the Air Force, suspected his wife was having an affair last year while he was on a work assignment in Korea, police said. Pinkerton returned early from his Korea assignment and, upon entering his residence, found Green there with his wife, police said. Jessica Pinkerton denied the allegations, police said. She would not comment on Monday. O’Neill described the relationship between Jessica Pinkerton and Green as a “friendship.” When Jessica Pinkerton tried to end the relationship, Green continued to pursue it, O’Neill said.
http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/attorney-glen-burnie-shooting-was-self-defense/article_36bb4d67-b713-5b22-b6c5-d9e2b1d1016d.html

Looks like the prosecutor played the race card on this one:

http://www.estepbrothersfuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2244197&fh_id=12291

Last edited by alsaqr; 06-22-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5468 Times on 2855 Posts
Likes Given: 354

this is a textbook example of why wisconsin passed castle doctrine into law. under the democrats the homeowner was assumed to have committed murder and had to prove self defense. our law turns it around and the da has to prove it was not. innocent until proven guilty. too many states assume guilt first and the only innocent is the murdering rapist whom libs bend over backwards to protect.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

John_Deer Likes This 
Old 06-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5497 Times on 3113 Posts
Likes Given: 4773

A win for the good guy.

And a D.A. running for governor????

Winston Churchill

Old 06-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #8

Liked 2447 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

What is moron prosecutor guy going to do, when someone

breaks into his home? Bake him a cake?

Old 06-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20920 Times on 11885 Posts
Likes Given: 52455

i'm glad the guy got off.

but playing Devil's Advocate for a moment and being fair, i now remember reading about this story, and some of the details would make me suspect possible foul play coming into the situation.

he's overseas in Korea and comes home early. his wife has a "friendship" with the guy he shot and killed, she claims she broke off the "friendship" and i the guy just happened to be there when the husband arrived home.

if i were an investigator, looking into the details of this shooting, this would appear very suspect to me as well. now i don't have all the details adn i'm sure some never even made the news, but i can see the possiblity in them charging him. at the very least doing a full head-on investigation. why did they charge him to begin with? because they suspected foul play thatled to the death of Greene? did they believe the guy's wife really did end the "friendship"? did the guy know about his wife's "friendship" with Greene before he arrived home from Korea? was it just a friendship or was she having an affair? did she invite Greene over or did he just happen to show up at their house the day her husband happen to be coming home early from Korea?

maybe the police just charged him and decided to let the DA decide in whether to get a grand jury indictment and take the heat off them and let someone else make a determination in the case.

but the fact it made it to a judge does say something. that the police charged him. the DA took it before a grand jury and got an indictment to take it to trial. so in someone's, or several people's opinion, they weren't just accepting the story at face value.

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 06-24-2014, 12:11 AM   #10
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1541 Times on 942 Posts
Likes Given: 7859

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i'm glad the guy got off.

but playing Devil's Advocate for a moment and being fair, i now remember reading about this story, and some of the details would make me suspect possible foul play coming into the situation.

he's overseas in Korea and comes home early. his wife has a "friendship" with the guy he shot and killed, she claims she broke off the "friendship" and i the guy just happened to be there when the husband arrived home.

if i were an investigator, looking into the details of this shooting, this would appear very suspect to me as well. now i don't have all the details adn i'm sure some never even made the news, but i can see the possiblity in them charging him. at the very least doing a full head-on investigation. why did they charge him to begin with? because they suspected foul play thatled to the death of Greene? did they believe the guy's wife really did end the "friendship"? did the guy know about his wife's "friendship" with Greene before he arrived home from Korea? was it just a friendship or was she having an affair? did she invite Greene over or did he just happen to show up at their house the day her husband happen to be coming home early from Korea?

maybe the police just charged him and decided to let the DA decide in whether to get a grand jury indictment and take the heat off them and let someone else make a determination in the case.

but the fact it made it to a judge does say something. that the police charged him. the DA took it before a grand jury and got an indictment to take it to trial. so in someone's, or several people's opinion, they weren't just accepting the story at face value.
I have to agree with Axxe on this one. Given that I don't know all of the facts in the case, I am stuck here scratching my head on this one. There is a lot of PC here, especially in light of the fact that it went to the Grand Jury, and in front of a judge.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Axxe55 Likes This