Is JPFO in trouble?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Is JPFO in trouble?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2014, 01:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 187 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Default Is JPFO in trouble?

According to this they are hurting financially and lack management direction. They replaced their executive director (Charles Heller) last year and he is no longer affiliated with them in any way. This article in the link seems to have a very dim view of the Second Amendment Foundation, too.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/News/161718-2014-08-22-save-jpfo-from-being-absorbed-into-saf.htm

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-25-2014, 05:14 PM   #2

Liked 48 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I understand why the JFPO wouldn't want to merge but the accusations that Alan Gottleib somehow compromises on the 2nd amendment doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Per my understanding from reading these forums the SAF is considered one of the best organizations when it comes to advocating for our rights in the courts.

Ruger P89 - "The Emissry"
Kel-Tec 380 - "Noisy Cricket"
Remmington 870 - "Charizard"
Stag Arms Model 2TL
Springfield 1911

Member of the NRA
Member of the SAF

Old 08-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1594 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Sign the petition to keep the JPFO as an independent organization. The JPFO has always been a stand up, no compromises group. We need the JPFO to maintain a balance among gun owners.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 09-15-2014, 12:10 AM   #4

Liked 245 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2000k View Post
I understand why the JFPO wouldn't want to merge but the accusations that Alan Gottleib somehow compromises on the 2nd amendment doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Per my understanding from reading these forums the SAF is considered one of the best organizations when it comes to advocating for our rights in the courts.
I heard Gottlieb on GunTalk radio, interviewed by Tom Gresham . He advocated support for the Toomey-Manchin bill as a " compromise " ( read " appeasement " ) .

Old 09-15-2014, 12:20 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I am not sure any second amendment advocacy group can be judged by their actions on any one issue. For all we know SAF agreed to support Toomey-Manchin because it had little chance of becoming law. Pop Vox had Toomey-Manchin at 3% chance of becoming law. Pop Vox is run by Democrats.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:47 AM   #6

Liked 245 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I am not sure any second amendment advocacy group can be judged by their actions on any one issue. For all we know SAF agreed to support Toomey-Manchin because it had little chance of becoming law. Pop Vox had Toomey-Manchin at 3% chance of becoming law. Pop Vox is run by Democrats.
That is one great stretch of speculation , JD ! I won't try to top it . I read all of the links on the matter and Claire Wolfe says Aaron Zelman detested Gottlieb as a compromiser and opportunist until his death .

Old 09-15-2014, 01:18 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
That is one great stretch of speculation , JD ! I won't try to top it . I read all of the links on the matter and Claire Wolfe says Aaron Zelman detested Gottlieb as a compromiser and opportunist until his death .
Gottlieb might very well be all the things that Zelman despised. I know the SAF gets a lot done. I think we can agree that to get a favor from a politician he has to owe you a favor or he wants cash money. Supporting your enemy in certain defeat is not a bad way to appease him.