John Bolton: Gun control a top goal of Obama 2nd term - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > John Bolton: Gun control a top goal of Obama 2nd term

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
Obama does actually stand a chance of getting re-elected. As sick as that is, it is true if the republicans nominate another ass-hat like McCain. We will need a strong candidate who will appeal to the swing voters. A lot of people are getting fed up with things the way they are, but watch, gas prices are going to come down and Obama will say "see what I did?" "And I got Bin Laden!! How wonderful am I!!" That snow-job, combined with the ignorance of the masses, and yeah he has a good chance.

As far as a complete gun ban? Never happen! I am concerned with his "common sense gun laws" though, they WILL try to nibble away at our rights. All I can say is be active, send your congress critters e-mails, snail mails, sign petitions etc. My gun grabbin congress critters are Menendez and Laughtenberg!! Two of the biggest anti's out there, none-the-less, I send them letters all the time.

If you can afford it, and you want to help bolster the membership numbers of the NRA, try giving GIFT MEMBERSHIPS!! They may not join on their own, but it is still another member in the ranks.

I have concerns about ALL of our rights, not just 2A, although the Second is the most important of all of them, why do you think they try so hard to take it away? I don't see them going after the other Rights the way they do the Second, yet. That is because we still have our guns!!
I have set up fax capabilities within my Windows7 environment and procured a Fax Over Internet Protocol enabled phone from 8x8.com at a cost of 300 minutes for $23/Mth. I spent $45 last month faxing our Senators, Representatives, and President.

At this time I am faxing each U. S. Senator with a message regarding the U. N. Small Arms Treaty and our need to protect the 2nd Amendment. The real question is, does anyone actually review the faxes or do they automatically go into File 13? I feel that we are screaming at our elected officials and no one is paying attention.

It just seems to me that we the people should be on the streets of D.C. beating our drums and screaming our message into the ears of Washington bureaucrats!

NRA Life Member
Texas State Rifle Association Life Member
Second Amendment Foundation Life Member
In God We (I) Trust

Old 05-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #22

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Some have locked out all faxes and emails regarding anything against osamaobamas policies or preposed laws. But most get read even if its by a aid

Old 05-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I am afraid that we are mostly ignored. Look at the opposition to obamacare, yet the belly crawlers passed it anyway.

They're going to pass, or at least try to pass some kind of amnesty for illegals before the next election as well. The bastards want the illegal votes.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

In my recent observation I've discovered that Obama has surreptitously, if not overtly, gone over to the other side; and both parties, Democrats & Republicans, are beholden to the real powers manipulating the political realm on the upper tier of decision-making. There is truth that Democrats hypocritically disdain private ownership of firearms, while Republicans --sensing which way the wind blows in firearm consensus-- will champion the right to own. But both parties will sell you down the river otherwise. I will keep both eyes open on the troublesome horizon where these 'bought puppets' are concern. Especially when of late there are whispers about 'martial law' planned in the forseeable future.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #25

Liked 2545 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I belong to NRA, JPFO, and GOA
And this is great! Thank you for your patriotic support of the

Constitution, and the RKBA.

The real question is : How can we get ALL GUN OWNERS to

join JUST ONE organization?

Look at it like this-we have the NRA and GOA in common, but what about

all the other people who joined other organizations and the one you joined I

didn't, and the two I joined which you didn't?

The NRA is the largest, and for unity's sake, if it's effed up,

we need to straighten it out...

Old 05-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
And this is great! Thank you for your patriotic support of the

Constitution, and the RKBA.

The real question is : How can we get ALL GUN OWNERS to

join JUST ONE organization?

Look at it like this-we have the NRA and GOA in common, but what about

all the other people who joined other organizations and the one you joined I

didn't, and the two I joined which you didn't?

The NRA is the largest, and for unity's sake, if it's effed up,

we need to straighten it out...

You can't, there are many who do not trust or have something personal against one or the other groups. Some fear government confiscation of members lists and will not join anything to give themselves away. Some people actually do not have the funds to join, with everything they make going to just surviving.

One thing that could help membership in all the groups is a free membership by the year, with a reduced benefits program for them that really don't have the money to spend on memberships. Also the word needs to get out to the public at large. That means someone is going to have to spend time outside Wal-Mart with membership forms and sheets of stuff debunking the gun grabbers.

If the NRA was to run a free one year membership drive for say 3 months and key people in every major city and small cities doing the foot work you could see a possible double membership with many joining the pay membership ranks next year.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #27

Liked 2545 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Well said, sir.

I've made it a new year's resolution to avoid arguing with antis to free up

time to encourage others to join the NRA. I've even paid a few membership fees

for hardcases, who, as you stated, were barely getting by, but wanted to join.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #28

I think maybe we need a letter writing campain to the NRA suggesting a free one year membership drive.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I read somewhere that there were 4 kinds of boxes when dealing with the government. I cant remember all 4 now. Maybe someone else can come up with them but the 3 I do remember are: "Soap box , ballot box, ammo box. In that order." (author unknown to me)
Hope someone finds the actual quote for us.

edited thanks to Dewey....... " Soap box, ballot box, jury box, ammo box."

Last edited by oldshooter; 05-15-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: thanks Dewey

Old 05-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default free membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I think maybe we need a letter writing campaign to the NRA suggesting a free one year membership drive.
They did this last year and I think it was pretty successful.
Maybe time to do it again?