Jim Carrey Apologizes...maybe?Not! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Jim Carrey Apologizes...maybe?Not!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 05:09 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 596

He figured out that the segment of society that he depends on to support him just got alienated by him talking out of his ass on a subject he knew nothing about. That subject just happens to be a central way of life of his target demographic.
He can apologize all he likes. He won't get a dime or a single kind word from me.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

Old 07-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #22
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

What burns me is the hypocrisy. Jim Carrey and every other anti-gunner on the big screen hire bodyguards who carry guns to defend them and hire an armed security service to protect their homes. They also use firearms on-screen to make buckets of money, then keep the money from their hypocritical portrayal. Ted Kennedy's bodyguards were caught in the Congress, where no weapons are allowed, each one carrying two fully automatic machine pistols. this from the biggest anti-gunner in Congress at the time. Jim Carrey isn't sorry for anything, other than the fact that the right-wing conservatives just wrote him off, about 46% of America. Click your heels three times and fly back to Canada, Jimmy...or I hear Paula Dean is looking for a roommate.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Sniper03 Likes This 
Old 07-09-2013, 06:34 AM   #23

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat
The way to hurt this guy is not go to his movies, not buy his DVDs or anything else he puts out. If enough people ignore him, he will become irrelevant and go away.
What movies? I don't even remember the last hit movie he had. I don't necessarily dislike Jim Carrey but in the past 5+ years he hasn't made anything worthwhile. Except Yes Man, but Zoe deschanel made that movie for me. Lol.

I'm willing to forgive some of the Hollywood liberals of they're entertaining enough. In the end they're job is to entertain, not preach. So I te to tune the latter out.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #24

Liked 781 Times on 439 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
What burns me is the hypocrisy. Jim Carrey and every other anti-gunner on the big screen hire bodyguards who carry guns to defend them and hire an armed security service to protect their homes. They also use firearms on-screen to make buckets of money, then keep the money from their hypocritical portrayal. Ted Kennedy's bodyguards were caught in the Congress, where no weapons are allowed, each one carrying two fully automatic machine pistols. this from the biggest anti-gunner in Congress at the time.
EXACTLY.... Like Feinstein & Schumer and their carry permits along with taxpayer paid personal security; http://www.federalobserver.com/archive.php?aid=10104 .... But we the "people" who live in the real World should be dictated too about how we defend ourselves, our family & friends and property ????....
SPEAKING of hypocrisy (and I apologize in advance, I'm not trying to hijack the thread here...)... Here in my home state we had THESE two show up unannounced (except for the "in the know" local media..); http://www.wral.com/giffords-meets-with-gun-control-supporters-in-raleigh/12634089/ .... and notice the line "Sunday's event, which was not open to the public..."
First off... I have all the sympathy in my heart for what happened to them... But for these two misguided people to come here and try to portray themselves as "one of us" and not even MEET with the anyone with an opposing view smacks of shear COWARDICE !!! .....Of course, I expect no less from the anti's... Clandestine, late-night activity and quick behind closed doors passage is how they get things past the sheep... Witness New York and Connecticut.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2972 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
EXACTLY.... Like Feinstein & Schumer and their carry permits along with taxpayer paid personal security; http://www.federalobserver.com/archive.php?aid=10104 .... But we the "people" who live in the real World should be dictated too about how we defend ourselves, our family & friends and property ????....
SPEAKING of hypocrisy (and I apologize in advance, I'm not trying to hijack the thread here...)... Here in my home state we had THESE two show up unannounced (except for the "in the know" local media..); http://www.wral.com/giffords-meets-with-gun-control-supporters-in-raleigh/12634089/ .... and notice the line "Sunday's event, which was not open to the public..."
First off... I have all the sympathy in my heart for what happened to them... But for these two misguided people to come here and try to portray themselves as "one of us" and not even MEET with the anyone with an opposing view smacks of shear COWARDICE !!! .....Of course, I expect no less from the anti's... Clandestine, late-night activity and quick behind closed doors passage is how they get things past the sheep... Witness New York and Connecticut.
You might find this interesting:
http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2013/07/08/more-gun-lies-from-gabby-giffords-n1634166/page/full
Perhaps a bit harsh, but a good read.

Quote:
Gabby Giffords and her still-weightless astronaut husband are like a gun-grabbing Foghat, eternally playing the state fair circuit of American politics. Now they are literally going on tour again, hoping that their audience will forgo the old favorites and welcome a track off their new album.
She’s really just a one-hit wonder hoping to match the airplay of her power ballad “I Suffered a Tragedy So I Have Special Moral Standing (To Advocate Stripping You of Your Fundamental Rights).” The sad truth is that she is the Psy of liberal advocacy, far past her 15 minutes yet valiantly trying to recapture the glory of her gun control Gangnam Style.

it continues
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 07-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #26
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084
"Liberalism isn't a coherent ideology; it's a collection of lame excuses for the sloth, laziness and lifestyle chaos of Democrat voters."

Wow, I have GOT to quote this author somewhere! He is hardcore in his beliefs.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 07-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #27

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Thanks for that. I didn't think it was harsh at all. Blunt, yes. Harsh, no.

I've said for years that after we start letting car accident victims design intersections, set speed limits and dictate who can drive cars and whether they should all be speed governed, then we can start letting shooting victims design gun laws.

Until then, I'm interested in the opinion of a shooting victim on matters of gun control to exactly the same extent that I am interested in the opinion of a traffic accident survivor as to whether or not I, or someone else, should be allowed to drive my 1-ton diesel 4x4, and when, or whether the green lights should be synchronized in my home town. MEH!

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #28

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Jim Carrey is about as useful as a tit on a hoe handle. And he really does not like the idea.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-10-2013, 02:39 AM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8512 Times on 4927 Posts
Likes Given: 11062

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Jim Carrey is about as useful as a tit on a hoe handle. And he really does not like the idea.
Just where is the handle on a hoe? I thought they were carried six-pack style!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 07-10-2013, 02:51 AM   #30

Liked 1912 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 1263

I can't stand Jim Carrey or his movies. I like real comedy...not stupidity. I don't know why anyone thinks he is funny. I didn't care about his opinion before he insulted me...even less now.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.