Jersey City Mayor Fulop Has An Agenda
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Jersey City Mayor Fulop Has An Agenda

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Default Jersey City Mayor Fulop Has An Agenda

He wants to ask companies that are submitting for police contracts to supply firearms several questions. If they don't answer to his liking he will reject their bid. Here are the questions.

Quote:
- What do you do to combat illegal gun trafficking and illegal gun crime?
- Do you manufacturer and sell assault weapons for civilian use?
- Do you agree not to sell certain models of firearms for civilian use?
- Are you requiring your dealers to conduct background checks?
- Do you fund research related to gun violence and smart gun technology?
- Will you commit to prohibiting your brand name from being used in violent video games?
I would submit that gun manufacturers should pass up the "opportunity" to bid on this contract.

Screw you Jersey City. Your cops shall be equally armed as the citizenry.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 69

This crap is ALMOST unbelievable. We are in serious trouble EVERYWHERE. These people are infiltrating state and local government and no one is paying attention. I hope more people wake up SOON.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan

Warrior1256 Likes This 
Old 12-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6146 Times on 3045 Posts
Likes Given: 6520

There are written and implied bans, neither is any different than the other except the amount of publicity they get. A "Guns forbidden on the premises" sign tells me Im not welcome; at least they are warning me so I dont enter unless they are providing ample security for me and mine while I am there! They need to put that sign on the Entering Jersey City Welcome signs and advertizing so that we all know where we stand when were in their district! Unless I see an armed LEO everywhere I go, I am not safe; write that in the brochures Mr Mayor, see what that does for your number one income provider, tourism! I can see it now, "Only Cops and Criminals are armed in our fair city, enter at you own risk!!!!", they make them put warnings on pills, why not cities???????

Its not Jersey anymore than its NY that is the problem, the one thing they all have in common is the designation as a "City"! They let their cities spiral out of control then overreact to fix it, most often to the detriment of both their city and anyone they can drag into their desperation while their at it! The only way to stop them from infecting the rest of the state and nation is to help them fail as quickly as possible by staying the phuck out of them, hit them right in the wallet! Ive lived in NY 9/10ths of my 53 years and spent about .000000000723% of that time in New York City or Albany! I know so many students and profs at the University I work at that have lived in or been there countless times and they arent even from NY!

We need to crush the cities and let them finish dying for the sake of the nation. Break them up and scatter their contents "Liberally" so that they are diluted beyond resurrection. They are for the most part, vestigial parasitic organs of monstrous proportions that only weigh down a productive and useful bounty that is the 98% of the USA not scared by these unatural behemoths of a dead industrial complex.

I have more in common with most of the Rural folks on this board around the nation than amy of the millions of NY a 2 hour drive away from The Real State Of NY where I live. Groups like the NRA and other have failed to do what we must figure out how to do, join our voices and lock our arms unified under that which truly binds those of us that are caretakers of the resources that are 98% of the land mass of this nation, the puny little puke cities need to be identified as the problem not the answer, no other solution will return our Nation to "Greatest Status"....

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 12-13-2013 at 11:10 AM.
wittmeba Likes This 
Old 12-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #4

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

you get, what you vote for....and in NJ they voted Gun Control, so they get just that.

Smart Gun Technology built in germany (hold on a sec, just have to throw up up lunch right now), restrictions on magzine capacity in other states, restriction of specific firearms again in other states.

As I said, you get, what you vote!

Can`t wait for the faces in NJ, when they can only by biometric secured firearms in the shops and only shoot them, when they have their watch on and in a next step can only shoot them at th erange on special targets.
The same company, that makes the smart guns here, started on smart target technology.....gun will only fire, when pointed at a specific target.......have fun New Jersey.......kind of embarassing to be born in that state

Last edited by kdog; 12-13-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6146 Times on 3045 Posts
Likes Given: 6520

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
you get, what you vote for....and in NJ they voted Gun Control, so they get just that.

Smart Gun Technology built in germany (hold on a sec, just have to throw up up lunch right now), restrictions on magzine capacity in other states, restriction of specific firearms again in other states.

As I said, you get, what you vote!

Can`t wait for the faces in NJ, when they can only by biometric secured firearms in the shops and only shoot them, when they have their watch on and in a next step can only shoot them at th erange on special targets.
The same company, that makes the smart guns here, started on smart target technology.....gun will only fire, when pointed at a specific target.......have fun New Jersey.......kind of embarassing to be born in that state
Im just saying we need to do something instead of just talk. The Dems chose our last candidate for president and Christy is the perfect "moderate" The Libs have been looking to appoint Republican Representative and then trounce him at his own game!

The masses of votes are coming from the cities, they make the decision because we cant mount a defense with over half the conservative/ republican voters sitting in their lazy boys and the rest of us arguing about whos state is more free than the other, that wont work. The good news is the only ones lazier than Republicans on primary and election day is Democrats, isnt that an opportunity here??????

We loved the "Band of Brothers" and "They were Soldiers Then", bunches of folks that had only one thing in common, living! Were not to that extreme yet but if we keep sitting on our 4th point of contact, we will be soon enough! We can either rally now or fight later, I choose to rally for the sake of my grandchildren, not my sorry aging ass.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #6

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

you know, last year or the year before, I sent the NRA information on the Smart Gun issue.
The fact that the german company, that produces that crap, shared a boothwith Tasmanian Tiger at the shot show, etc.

Answer from the NRA was: "We are not interested in that!"

What happens now? This crap is mandatory by law, as soon as it is a working system, for everybody, except law inforcement.

Here a mail I received from Tasmanian Tiger on the issue:

Quote:
Dear Mr. xxx!

My Name is Tomaz Habinc and I am the owner of the new established company JTQ Gear in US. Beside Tasmanian Tiger, we are representing in our portfolio EXTREMA RATIO. To represent those two brands is our main business and goal.

First of all, thank you for your information and shearing with us your thoughts.

Few mounts ago, we were contacted by company Armatix, if we are interested to represent also their gear in our region. As we thought, that kind of products might be interesting for our portfolio also in US, we started to discuss with them, to check the US market and to get a feedback from the US clients. We didn't agreed in any fix cooperation, as our idea was first to get some feedback from US clients and then to think about any further steps and to see if it is worth time and money to distribute them on the US market.

As you might be informed, we have been exhibiting at the Shot Show 2012 in Las Vegas last week. Our main attention was to represent Tasmanian Tiger and Extrema Ratio items. Regards to the call from side of Armatix, we decided in a very last minute, also to represent them at the Shot Show and to get immediately the feedback from the US clients.

Up to this point, we had no idea about their background, reputation or their activities in the past. If we would be aware of this info, we would immediately stop our discussions or never start any discussions with Armatix company, as we also do not support such kind of activities.

We are a serious company and for this reason, we are working together with Tasmanian Tiger, which is a serious company with high quality products.

We will rethink all our further activities and steps regards to ARMATIX company.

Please pass this information to all your contacts, so that there will not be any misunderstandings.

I would like to discuss this thinks further, so could you please send me some more data about this issue. Thank you.

If you need any additional information from our side, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
So, the information needed was passed on severl times, also here in this forum on such issues, because we went throught it here and are still going through it.

The only thing, that needs to be done, is use the information

Old 12-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #7

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The end is not near. The facts are of the Gun Control laws introduced after Sandy Hook most failed to be enacted. There were more progun enactments and 2 Colorado law makers were recalled.
In states like NJ why are gun owner's setting around crying about Doom and Gloom? If 10,000 gun owners marched on your states capital you would get some attention.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8888 Times on 3848 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

Unless I miss my guess, there are State laws and regulations relating to quotes on providing goods and services to municipal agencies in Jersey.

The good mayor may just have committed a serious crime if he rejects a quote and did not follow the criteria in those fiscal policies. You do not get to make up the rules as you go along when you are playing with other people's money.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 12-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Unless I miss my guess, there are State laws and regulations relating to quotes on providing goods and services to municipal agencies in Jersey.

The good mayor may just have committed a serious crime if he rejects a quote and did not follow the criteria in those fiscal policies. You do not get to make up the rules as you go along when you are playing with other people's money.
Great point. We just have to notify the DA in Jersey City. Any bets on whether they would choose to prosecute or not??

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #10

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The end is not near. The facts are of the Gun Control laws introduced after Sandy Hook most failed to be enacted. There were more progun enactments and 2 Colorado law makers were recalled.
In states like NJ why are gun owner's setting around crying about Doom and Gloom? If 10,000 gun owners marched on your states capital you would get some attention.
Sounds about right, good idea. Stop complaining and do something, especially go to the polls on election day.