Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > James Yeager is a Disgrace! VIDEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #71
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Arrest and charge him with what though?

And again, this is a different world from 1,2 or 10 years ago. I just think that it was a precautionary action. Nothing very serious, and nothing permanent either. so for now, he can't carry a concealed weapon. So what? He will appeal it and if he IS fit to carry, he will again. but plenty of what he says is bull**** anyway. I've heard the Nuge say some inflammatory things as well, you're right. but if there is material likelihood of risk of harm to the public, should that potential threat not be vetted out? What is the harm?

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 01-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #72
JAD

Liked 52 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I'm in agreement with Tack on this also.
Considering the thought that our government is capable of becoming tyrranical as paranoid or that of a whack job leaves me a little dismayed. Do people really think that this couldn't happen? There have been dozens of example of this very thing happening throughout history. Why would you think we are any different? When you consider we now have a president that is routinely circumventing congress "to get things done" is it really a stretch that this kind of power could be used against the people? We already killed an American citizen with a drone strike because he was a known terrorist. I must have missed the trial.

What happens when the government's definition of terrorist lands your name on a list?

Old 01-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #73
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I'm sure that i do NOT trust our current government to do that without due process.
you may be right on that one!
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP

Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 01-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Vet the threat FIRST, formally charge the threatener, THEN put CCW on hold. If convicted pull CCW permanently; if not return with apologies.

Not pull rights first, then investigate.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #75
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Vet the threat FIRST, formally charge the threatener, THEN put CCW on hold. If convicted pull CCW permanently; if not return with apologies.

Not pull rights first, then investigate.
Well, that sounds right to me. but I suppose the State Police or DHS felt that there was a material likelihood of risk of harm to the public. so to that they chose this method. We don't all have to agree with their choice. If his right were violated, believe you me, we are going to know about it. Because this guy will let us all know.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP

Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #76

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
Arrest and charge him with what though?

And again, this is a different world from 1,2 or 10 years ago. I just think that it was a precautionary action. Nothing very serious, and nothing permanent either. so for now, he can't carry a concealed weapon. So what? He will appeal it and if he IS fit to carry, he will again. but plenty of what he says is bull**** anyway. I've heard the Nuge say some inflammatory things as well, you're right. but if there is material likelihood of risk of harm to the public, should that potential threat not be vetted out? What is the harm?
While were at it why don't we shutter his school and confiscate all his firearms...while we "investigate"?

If he's really a threat, would he be worried about carrying illegally while en route to his target?

Oh wait...I forgot...crazy killers ALWAYS obey the law so he WOULD need to sit tight and wait to get his permit back!

Thank god we have Chain and Dave to keep us all safe!

Tack

Old 01-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #77
JAD

Liked 52 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Abusive govt is the problem. It is the enemy of freedom of choice and action for otherwise innocent people.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #78

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I find it interesting that the big bad boys in Law En-Farce-Ment choose to email JY his cancelation notice...

Was it due to caution or cowardice?

Was is a rational way to "do something" without risking escalation? Or was it a chicken **** move to avoid looking the man in the eye as they violated his rights?

Opinions are sure to vary!

Tack
Actually, that's how I think all law enforcement should be done. Send an email. "You're charged with X, report to Y by this date."

Set up a surveillance team with a road block, and if the suspect tries to flee after being served, then nail him there.

This no knock warrant BS needs to end yesterday, though.

I mean, would you rather Yeager be served Ruby Ridge or Waco style?...Would that be "man enough" for LEO....

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

JAD Likes This 
Old 01-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #79

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Actually, that's how I think all law enforcement should be done. Send an email. "You're charged with X, report to Y by this date."

Set up a surveillance team with a road block, and if the suspect tries to flee after being served, then nail him there.

This no knock warrant BS needs to end yesterday, though.

I mean, would you rather Yeager be served Ruby Ridge or Waco style?...Would that be "man enough" for LEO....
The "subtle" point I was making was that the revocation was an example of Government punishment without Due Process.

Most permits are issued by the County Sherrif and it's possible the Sherrif told DHS to pound sand...his men were not serving it...hence the email.

This is complete speculations of course.

Tack
Old 01-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #80

Liked 84 Times on 54 Posts

In Tennessee the permits are issued by the state not the county sheriff. If I read correctly the Tennessee Department of Homeland security is the ones that took his permit because they said he was a threat to the public and he could appeal to the courts in his county. I believe he personally knows most of the LEOs in his county I don't see him not beyond his permit back.