Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > James Yeager is a Disgrace! VIDEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3677 Times on 1813 Posts
Likes Given: 1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
no, we don't sit back idlely and shut up or hope for the best. we join the NRA and use their voice to express our concerns. they have been at this battle for a long time and now how to speak for us.

yes we speak out, with facts and evidence that support our gun rights. we choose our choice of words carefully so they may not be used against us.

i actually believe in more of what James Yeager has to say than disagree with him, but his poor choice of expressing that viewpoint is what makes some btter suited to keeping their mouths shut and letting othrs do the talking.

now is still the time for reason and diplomacy. James Yeager clearly has neither.
The Left has had much success using a combination of rational sounding politicians in conjunction with a loud and vocal fringe. While the politicians rarely endorse the fringe...they NEVER contradict it...and there winning!

Perhaps it time for the Rational voice of the Right to be "complimented" by a similar..."do it or else"...attitude from us.

The "or else" regarding this topic is horrific but that does not make it any less real and All of our representatives should understand the stakes.

Calmly explaining the failed logic of gun control is quite obviously NOT working.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #22

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by northhike View Post
So your post prompted me to watch his video so I could develop my own opinion. Couple of thoughts......
Since the advent of YouTube everyone seems that any thought in their head should be public knowledge. Ironically these same individuals get upset when people send rebuttal emails or counter with their own YouTube videos. If we make our opinions public (like this forum) then you are subjecting yourself to other opinions.
As far as James's videos are concerned. I get that they guy is upset about all this gun banning talk and action at the government level. Many feel the same way, but I agree that when you make a YouTube video that says "F" this and "F" that....you are probably not going to get the positive reaction you had hoped for. For the non-shooting public who are not against guns videos like this do not help....however the shooting community like any other community is made up of some great people and some not so great people so it comes with the territory. I am less concerned about people like James and his YouTube video and more concerned with the people who have power to influence on shows like CNN, FOX, Face The Nation, etc. Those representatives should be sharp, smart and balanced. Unfortunatley, like I have posted before we have a lot of nut jobs hitting the shows who cannot debate intelligently and that is really hurting us and the shooting community. James is just another guy with a camera and something to say on YouTube.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 01-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #23

Liked 1662 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 2428

Is it a coincidence that Yeager has those same wacko eyes that Adam Lanza, The CO theater shooter and the guy who shot US Rep Giffords have?

Yeager was good at running his mouth. Now he has to pay a slick lawyer big bucks to speak for him while fighting the suspension of his CCW permit.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #24

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Is it a coincidence that Yeager has those same wacko eyes that Adam Lanza, The CO theater shooter and the guy who shot US Rep Giffords have?

Yeager was good at running his mouth. Now he has to pay a slick lawyer big bucks to speak for him while fighting the suspension of his CCW permit.
There is NO WAY this guy is crazy!!! NONE, NOT A CHANCE!!! He is acting and faking it!!! That POS was perfectly capable of enrolling in college, attending classes, completing school work ... then had enough wits to strategize, acquire equipment and materials and execute his plan ... but now he is crazy?

BULL****!!!!!

and where the **** did he get the financing for his endeavor!!!!!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #25
Deader Bears=Better Bears

Liked 5610 Times on 3300 Posts
Likes Given: 4695

If people come to take away your right to and means to defend yourself, they probably need killing or at least some serious wounds and re-education. If "those people" have any sense, they won't try to violate others like that and will live longer and happier lives knowing they didn't do something stupid and wrong.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #26

I find it interesting that the big bad boys in Law En-Farce-Ment choose to email JY his cancelation notice...

Was it due to caution or cowardice?

Was is a rational way to "do something" without risking escalation? Or was it a chicken **** move to avoid looking the man in the eye as they violated his rights?

Opinions are sure to vary!

Tack

Old 01-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #27
Deader Bears=Better Bears

Liked 5610 Times on 3300 Posts
Likes Given: 4695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I find it interesting that the big bad boys in Law En-Farce-Ment choose to email JY his cancelation notice...

Was is a rational way to "do something" without risking escalation? Or was it a chicken **** move to avoid looking the man in the eye as they violated his rights?

Tack
Alternatively, maybe they couldn't find an officer who could be convinced to do something "wrong" that was "legally required".

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #28

Liked 16794 Times on 9735 Posts
Likes Given: 43825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Tack
if it's true his CC permit was suspended, yes i agree that move was chicken$**t! as much as i agree with his opinion, i do disagree with his delivery of that opinion, but that's my position and viewpoint. i also defend the fact that he was exercising his 1st amendment rights and by them suspending his CC permit for doing so, IMO is very wrong.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #29

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

James has the stones to say what we are thinking. Like him or not he is passionate about the 2nd Ammendnent and when you go through life with strong beliefs, you may step on it sometimes. He and others like Uncle Ted, may very well be the only reason that politicians come to the understanding that despite the horendous shooting at Sandy Hook, their wet dreams of bans and confiscation may not work out so well for them. Better that we have some milk toast negotiator work out a deal on how much freedom we will give up, at least until the next mass shooting when will can "negotiate" a little more eh?
I am nothing like James Yeager, I have no tatoos, I have no where near the shooting and combat experience he does, and I seldom use most of the langauge he uses regularly, but I respect him for what he does and the idea that members of the shooting community are ready to kick him while he is down is disheartening to me. Whos next to be thrown under the bus? We hang together or we hang seperately, now more than ever. Sure most of us would not say what he did on YouTube, but many of us would say it in the company of like minded friends.
I am pissed. I served my country in time of war, I served my community and still do (over 20 years) as a volunteer firefighter/EMT. I have worked, paid my taxes, given to charities, and am a volunteer Hunter Education Instructor for the Division of Wildlife. My wife and I raised three children to adulthood, all inteligent, productive, a caring citizens. To now be lumped in the pot with the likes of James Holmes, Gerad Loughner, and Adam Lanza, is a slap in the face. To be told that I can't be trusted to own a rifle that looks, but does not opperate like the full auto M16 that this government put in my hands as a 19 year old kid is outrageous.
If we can rescind peoples rights for what they say, perhaps we can remove a number of politicians from office for talking about and conspiracy to violate the Constitution, they do it all the time.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
if it's true his CC permit was suspended, yes i agree that move was chicken$**t! as much as i agree with his opinion, i do disagree with his delivery of that opinion, but that's my position and viewpoint. i also defend the fact that he was exercising his 1st amendment rights and by them suspending his CC permit for doing so, IMO is very wrong.
Bingo...

None of us agree with the tone of his video but like him or not, an American citizen has had his 2nd Amendment rights violated for using his 1st Amendment rights....and some of us are ok with that?

Tack