Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > It's time we were clearer...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 04:11 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post

Yet, if you observe the murder rate in England, they have no problem killing others with anything they can find or even their bare hands.
I just read an article about how doctors in the UK are shilling for the banning of long pointy kitchen knives, exact words used. I guess there that is the weapon of choice. Silly hoplophobes.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:23 AM   #12

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

The problem is and always will be "The Media"".As long as they parrot what the anti-gun folks push,we will never be clear.When was the last time CNN or MSNBC reported a story about a civilian stopping a criminal with a gun?Never.Because it doesn't fit their agenda.Oh,we got their full attention here in CO when we booted out 2 state senators for pushing their anti-gun crap,and we are working on booting out a 3rd (Hudak).We sent a clear message to Bloomberg,The Bradys,Kathy Giffords and Mark Kelly they are NOT welcome in Colorado.And we got 55 Colorado Sheriffs backing us up.
I hope VA does the same when they vote for a new Governor because what McCauliffe wants to push in Virginia is way worse than what we got here in Colorado.Tell Bloomberg and Co. they are not welcome in your state!

Last edited by WillWork4Ammo; 10-26-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-26-2013, 04:26 AM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20916 Times on 11885 Posts
Likes Given: 52455

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric-hubbard View Post
I have been following the back and forth on the Second Amendment for most of my life, always in the pro-2A side of the argument. While our opponents are are really bad at facts, they are good at the rhetoric game. They come up with terrific sound bites that make civilian disarmament sound like a real solution to the problems of crime and terrorism.

Our side is not as good at the sound bite competition because they are so good at twisting our words. For instance, when we say that the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun what they use it to convince those in the middle that we want to hand out guns to everyone. We say more guns when what we mean is more people properly trained and carrying the guns they are trained on and willing to step up for the good of their community.

When we say that we think that a teacher who has gone through the proper training should be able to legally carry their handguns in order to protect their students they turn it into pro-gunners wanting to hand out handguns to every teacher.

We need to start being more clear in what we say. Our sound bites need to say what we mean with as little a chance of twisting as possible.
i am not sure how you percieve our side isn't as well versed in speaking about our gun rights. i find many or most speak quite well on the subject and most usually counter with facts and hard evidence that supports our position why gun rights and our guns are important. it works quite well for people who can listen to reason and can use common sense to discern fact from fiction.

now the problem that arrises, is that those who base their stance on emotions, rather than facts and supporting proof that undermines their position, are not listening in the first place. doesn't matter how many times you explain it, even in the most simple of terms, they never comprehend what is being said, and never will be. they either lack the ability to think and reason for themselves and someone has fed them BS for so long, they are lost anyways, or they have an agenda they feel strongly about and will stay the course they are on regardless of the facts or evidence that proves them wrong.

and regardless of how well it's said, or how clearly it's put that even a child could understand, there is always going to be someone of the liberal gun hating mindset that will try to twist or distort the truth to suit their needs.
People Like This 
Old 10-26-2013, 04:30 AM   #14

Liked 2447 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric-hubbard View Post
I have been following the back and forth on the Second Amendment for most of my life, always in the pro-2A side of the argument. While our opponents are are really bad at facts, they are good at the rhetoric game. They come up with terrific sound bites that make civilian disarmament sound like a real solution to the problems of crime and terrorism.

Our side is not as good at the sound bite competition because they are so good at twisting our words. For instance, when we say that the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun what they use it to convince those in the middle that we want to hand out guns to everyone. We say more guns when what we mean is more people properly trained and carrying the guns they are trained on and willing to step up for the good of their community.

When we say that we think that a teacher who has gone through the proper training should be able to legally carry their handguns in order to protect their students they turn it into pro-gunners wanting to hand out handguns to every teacher.

We need to start being more clear in what we say. Our sound bites need to say what we mean with as little a chance of twisting as possible.
Have you been watching the libtard media?

Whenever there's a debate, some scantily clad bombshell out of

the Victoria's Secret catalog is the Anti-gun spokesman,

VS

Some pasty-faced, acne victim, poorly dressed, nervous nerdy Pro

gun-spokesman.

Of course, while the Pro guy is speaking, the sex kitten is staring

at him like he's got leprosy, AND he's insane.

NOW, think about this for a minute, what group of people IS EVER

going to side with the Pro guy, under those circumstances?

This is a lot like the presidential race, it's not about proper

politics, correct constitutional concepts or attractive ideologies.

It's pretty much a flat-out prom-queen competition. And the low-cut dress,

million-dollar face, with the 400$ makeover, is going to win, EVERY time.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #15

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

It's not that the pro 2A side is not as eloquent with the whole deal. It's that everything gets twisted and there is no swaying a liberal. You might get a few of the ambivilant crowd to listen...For a while but for the most part it's gun owners, against gun grabbers and add in trhe apathy bunch just because it don't matter to them.

It has and will be a constant fight. Gun control has been in the news my while 50 years on this Earth. And it will be till they take them all. Because the anti brood will not give up just like we say we wont.

one of the better things we can do is take one of the I don't cares and introduce them to the wonders of shooting sports. Many times the I don't cares live in family pods in apathetic bliss. You sway one you get the house. At the very least it has to be understood that we don't want everyone to own a gun. I honestly don't care if someone does or not. What does concern is the idea that they believe it wont effect them. Because we nkowe it will. Disarm the people and you only have to look at every other disarmed populace to see how well it works. Waht keeps the idiots in DC form going totally ****house crazy is the idea that the people can at the very least put up quite a stink if they have access to weapons. It doesn't matter if it's 1, 10, or 10,000. People displaying the desire to remind government they are supposed to have limits is always a good thing.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #16

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

The media and the left are ignorant to the fact that the only ones that benefit from gun control laws are criminals.So they pass some feel good laws based on emotion that limit how many rounds you can legally carry in a magazine and universal background checks.Both which are completely ignored by criminals who get possession of firearms and ammunition by either stealing them,or the black market.How is that stupid FOID card law working in Chicago?I doubt many of those shootings there were commited by a FOID Card holder.
And if they think making all guns illegal will work,all they have to do is look at the drug market.Only criminals will have guns while the rest of us would be sitting ducks defenseless.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #17
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5887 Times on 2913 Posts
Likes Given: 6246

I think were very clear about the 2A, they just arent listening! The only time they listen is when we talk about giving in, then they are all ears...

Old 10-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2659 Times on 1547 Posts
Likes Given: 1493

Honestly, I know you are all very intelligent, but I believe you are missing one major point.

It is very expedient to trot out the mother of our most recent, unfortunate and tragic gun death victim. No person in their right mind doesn't empathize with the heart wrenching sight of a parent who has recently lost a child to any accident or crime.

These are sight and sound bites that, in the moment, are more powerful than any logical, reasoned debate/argument/discussion.

Most people like to think of themselves as logical beings, we are not! We are emotional beings that like to justify our actions through logical explanations. How else do you explain advertising in today's market. There is no logic to any of today's advertising, they simply appeal to our emotions, because they know from decades of testing and evaluation that we are indeed emotional beings.

But like the tortoise and the hare, the methodical, daily assertion of the truth and our constitutional rights will win the race.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

vincent Likes This 
Old 10-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #19
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna
It works just fine in Israel, why not here. Do you see any of these children traumatized from the gun?
And they're not traumatized by the bomb shelter drills either right? And what about that times the air raid siren goes off and it's NOT a drill. I have lived in Israel and I can say unequivocally: America is NOT Israel and vice versa. Israel has FAR stricter gun laws than most states in America. And the requirements you
Must meet to legally own a handgun (as a civilian) is ridiculously strict and intrusive. Believe me if America adopted Israel's rules and regs for civilian handgun ownership we would plead to have our 2nd amendment back!
I do agree however that teachers should be able (and dare I say required) to be trained with both their firearm and for certain hostile situations, when they are responsible for our kids. But to say Israel has it right? I think we actually have it right but the liberals are hell bent on changing that. And that is now the fight we have been charged with.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 10-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #20

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Have you been watching the libtard media?

Whenever there's a debate, some scantily clad bombshell out of

the Victoria's Secret catalog is the Anti-gun spokesman,

VS

Some pasty-faced, acne victim, poorly dressed, nervous nerdy Pro

gun-spokesman.

Of course, while the Pro guy is speaking, the sex kitten is staring

at him like he's got leprosy, AND he's insane.

NOW, think about this for a minute, what group of people IS EVER

going to side with the Pro guy, under those circumstances?

This is a lot like the presidential race, it's not about proper

politics, correct constitutional concepts or attractive ideologies.

It's pretty much a flat-out prom-queen competition. And the low-cut dress,

million-dollar face, with the 400$ makeover, is going to win, EVERY time.
Not the case all the time...

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Emily-Gets-Her-Gun.jpg

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting