Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > It's time again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I will always tithe. But I stopped giving my tithe to the church several years ago, since they support gun control and several other issues i dissagree with.

My "ten percent to the Lord" now goes to local people in need through no fault of their own.

You'd be surprised how many people need help after being robbed, or assaulted, and how many need assistance for food, lodging, transportation, etc while a family member is in an out of town hospital.

There are also occassional things sponsored by the church, such as refurbishing water wells, rebuilding houses, etc in poor areas that deserve support.

Sometimes ya gotta look, but you can always find a way to give back to the Lord through individual charity.

That's class right there man. A more direct approach to helping the helpless. Mad props to you sir.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

locutus Likes This 
Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #22

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
Yeah, please contribute. Wayne needs another $2000 suit for his next big television blunder. Ted Nugent is a nut case. I say replace Wayne with Tom Selleck. Tom won't make the nra look so bad.
As far as giving to a church goes, I stopped going to church years ago when they kept telling the congregation who to vote for. I then became an agnostic.
CT
Like it or not the NRA is the heavy hitter when it comes ot dealing with gun rights. I don't like some tings they do and actually did think about ending my ties with them. But these are tough times for gun owners and I'll not throw the baby out with the bath water. We need everyone we can get with any lobby power to help us us our cause. Ted is not a nut case. He is very passionate about his beliefs. Maybe not the ideal spokesman but he will not apologize for his belief and no one should ask him to. He only says what many others do. He just gets more airtime. I find him a bit intense too but I do respect his honesty.

You become an agnostic because your preacher was politicking from the pulpit? No offense but that has to be the top dog of the week on stupid things I've heard. You are confusing faith with religion. It sounds like you needed another church, or even no church but to say I'm going to give up my faith because of the opinions of one preacher is simply flawed logic.
We humans are flawed creatures. We find new and interesting ways to mess things up every day. So when some of these people are in the position of guiding a church these mistakes can be dangerous sometimes. But that should not in any way hinder ones faith. I think a little time sending a few kneemails asking guidance for said preacher would have been much better than saying faith must be way wrong. I personally have trouble with most all forms of organized religion as I feel so many deal in one form of intolerance or another and what they have faith in is not always what it should be. But none of this has ever caused my faith to falter. I no longer attend any one church with regularity but do skip form one to another so as to help me stay in touch with the big guy. And remember, the man so many worship may have been the son of a carpenter but he never built a church. Maybe a little time in nature, the one thing God gave us that never stops astounding me could help put things in perspective.

Worship a head of lettuce for all I care but to say the green grocer is bad so you must question all vegetables is just not sound logic. Only a poor mechanic blames his tools for sub-par work.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19810 Times on 11247 Posts
Likes Given: 49927

very well said DJ! i'd give two thumbs up for that post if i could.

very well reasoned adn very well said and full of good ole common sense.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
My views may be getting "old," but everyone always preaching to the choir is getting very BORING.
So you have made a rule that anyone can post as long as the post agrees with everyone else's point of view.
Remember what Aldous Huxley said, "We become like those we hate."
CT
Quick question. Who has done more to protect our rights? You, or the NRA?

I'm guessing the answer to that question is the NRA. Compared to them, your a nobody. Congress couldn't give a damn what you think, but they care about what they NRA things. Why is that? Because they are powerful, and can cause a lot of trouble for politicians who go against the 2nd Amendment. Are they perfect? No, but next time you pick up a gun, remember that you wouldn't have that gun without them defending the 2nd Amendment.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #25

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Everyone should join the NRA for Obama, sign him up, have his membership cards mailed to the White House, same for other anti 2 a freaks. Sign Feinstein up too, get her a distinguished membership. I'd chip in.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #26

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesmar
Everyone should join the NRA for Obama, sign him up, have his membership cards mailed to the White House, same for other anti 2 a freaks. Sign Feinstein up too, get her a distinguished membership. I'd chip in.
Forgot to say, if you do this, decline the magazines and the gift crap, so they have more money to fight with. Think I'm signing up Frankenstein in a few mins....

Old 01-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Ive already given all I could this year.

I do have a sign up sig! that counts right?

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 06:10 PM   #28
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19810 Times on 11247 Posts
Likes Given: 49927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
Ive already given all I could this year.

I do have a sign up sig! that counts right?
why yes it does!

Old 01-31-2013, 06:29 PM   #29

Default preacher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Like it or not the NRA is the heavy hitter when it comes ot dealing with gun rights. I don't like some tings they do and actually did think about ending my ties with them. But these are tough times for gun owners and I'll not throw the baby out with the bath water. We need everyone we can get with any lobby power to help us us our cause. Ted is not a nut case. He is very passionate about his beliefs. Maybe not the ideal spokesman but he will not apologize for his belief and no one should ask him to. He only says what many others do. He just gets more airtime. I find him a bit intense too but I do respect his honesty.

You become an agnostic because your preacher was politicking from the pulpit? No offense but that has to be the top dog of the week on stupid things I've heard. You are confusing faith with religion. It sounds like you needed another church, or even no church but to say I'm going to give up my faith because of the opinions of one preacher is simply flawed logic.
We humans are flawed creatures. We find new and interesting ways to mess things up every day. So when some of these people are in the position of guiding a church these mistakes can be dangerous sometimes. But that should not in any way hinder ones faith. I think a little time sending a few kneemails asking guidance for said preacher would have been much better than saying faith must be way wrong. I personally have trouble with most all forms of organized religion as I feel so many deal in one form of intolerance or another and what they have faith in is not always what it should be. But none of this has ever caused my faith to falter. I no longer attend any one church with regularity but do skip form one to another so as to help me stay in touch with the big guy. And remember, the man so many worship may have been the son of a carpenter but he never built a church. Maybe a little time in nature, the one thing God gave us that never stops astounding me could help put things in perspective.

Worship a head of lettuce for all I care but to say the green grocer is bad so you must question all vegetables is just not sound logic. Only a poor mechanic blames his tools for sub-par work.

Don't have time or the space to explain here why I became an agnostic. It is very complicated but I believe I made the right decision. Preaching politics from the pulpit was only a small, small, very small tip of the iceberg.
CT

Old 01-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #30

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Don't have time or the space to explain here why I became an agnostic. It is very complicated but I believe I made the right decision. Preaching politics from the pulpit was only a small, small, very small tip of the iceberg.
CT
Don't worry about it-----------
It's Extremely doubtfull anyone cares

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This